Jarmrik s factory

When I use your discharger, he looks quite strange in the Civilopedia (with the Mortar-animations). I have not tested him ingame, but does he look so in your pedia, too?
I ve just opened it in Nifskope and tested with fidget.kf, it looked teh same as your picture. I ve just corrected it.
I built this one with the rangedstrike.kf attached to place the rifle as precisely as possible, and copied the coordinates in the nif I uploaded with the pack, without any later check. Sorry for that.
Change the original nif with the one attached here, and let me know if that s better. But keep in mind the original dacubz145 model doesn t allow a perfect placement for each anim.

Attachments

• gbr_discharg_corrected.rar
    46.1 KB · Views: 26
Now it is much better :thumbsup:
It is still a compromise, but not that strange. And ingame it is very good, which is most important.

To fulfill Kathy s request, I started a chase for a convertible model of a Panzerwerfer 42.

The models I found were so awfully detailed that purging them was not impossible but requiring a long and tedious work, for a probable average to poor result. Thus I thought it would be the right time to have a try to do it by myself. Then I took the reckless decision to dive in the nightmare of modeling. It was three weeks ago.

So, I proudly present my first unit built from scracth.

PanzerWerfer42.jpg

Keep considering that three weeks ago, I didn t even know how to link two vertices together. As I hate video tutos and don t want to spend hours in learning commands etc... (I know I m wrong) , I had to improvise methods, get hints and tips here and there, probably far from the "right" way to design a model.

Of animation. My objective was to create and provide an acceptable and working model. Anim will be my next goal. The one provided consists in a modified tank anim that allows the halftrack to launch rockets, using the vanilla SAM missile anim. I m already on the new projectile design. But for now the mount and the rocket launcher remain immobile, as my first attempt of a moving one was not satisfying. I let you test it, and if you think it really needs a launcher that moves to a 45° angle, I ll continue to work on.

The model provided uses a "showroom" 512x512 dds texture. I have included a 256x256 dds you can use in game, just rename it.

Well, I m done for now, and I hope you ll have fun!

I never liked seeing the tommies holding a bazooka or worse a RPG-7, so I decided to modify asioasioasio s bazooka and change it to something looking like a PIAT. There was lacking the projectile at the end, then I added the granate available on firaxis AT infantry.
But having the weapon lauching sidewinders missiles annoyed me, so I built the rocket myself.
And here it is.

PIAT infantry.jpg

The effects artfile and the XML lines are furnished inside the archive, but don t hesitate to ask if it s not clear.

Download:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/british-at-infantry.30395/

I have not tested the Panzerwerfer yet, but it looks great in nifskope. Thank you so much.

You re welcome. It s been a challenge...
Test it in game, let me know if the effect is ok for you. As I wrote, I m working on designing a good looking rocket. But if the mount/launcher anim doesn t fit, I ll try something else but not yet. As I stated, I ve spent a lot of time on the halftrack, and I must admit I m a bit fed up with blender :wallbash:

Last edited:
To fulfill Kathy s request, I started a chase for a convertible model of a Panzerwerfer 42.

The models I found were so awfully detailed that purging them was not impossible but requiring a long and tedious work, for a probable average to poor result. Thus I thought it would be the right time to have a try to do it by myself.
Cool :thumbsup:. It's sad that I fudged up with a model from "Blitzkrieg". And welcome to the Guild of free artists.

Cool :thumbsup:. It's sad that I fudged up with a model from "Blitzkrieg". And welcome to the Guild of free artists.
You re wrong, I had to try it to change my approach and make the great dive. A stage of the path.

A friend of mine opened me his aladdin s cave, I had access to a bunch of wonderful stuff (I started extracting some very cool objects I ll provide later). I found two other models a lot more detailed than yours. This made the decision to do it by myself, and I don t regret. Thus in some way I have to thank you too! :)

Thus in some way I have to thank you too!
Well, it's good that I was useful at least in this way :D . In general, of course I'm jealous. I draw well, especially technique, but I chronically lack the time and organization to master 3D.

Pecheneg, if you re good at drawing, this is quite interesting.
Have a look at the dds of the panzerwerfer. If you are able to draw something like this (I mean four faces, if possible textured), then I think I can do almost every vehicle you want, as long as it could fit on existing anim.

Think about it ;)

Thank you very much[party]. (after thinking) But my tinkering with a submode for one of the major mods is going so slowly and with such a probability of ending in nothing that I preferred not to even tell the author about it. In general, I don't want to distract you before seriously promoting my hmm... the project.

But if you need any 4 projections, I can look for them. In the Russian segment, there are literally deposits, for example, not very accessible to foreign speakers. Here you can even find exotic things, like very specific armored cars "Skoda".
https://modelist-konstruktor.com/br...ye-cherepaxi-tyazhelye-broneavtomobili-shkoda

That Skoda looks like a Cheslovak Batmobile 😅
With 5 Czech Batmen inside, yes. At the same time, the authors of the comic compared to the Czechs are dull conservatives. This thing is strictly symmetrical, the same front and back, and it's not just the design. There was also a control post at the back, while the rear wheels became controllable when moving backwards. And yes, the armored car was expensive and fast by the standards of the twenties. At the same time, outside of the Runet, this enchanting design did not come across to me in detail.

That Skoda looks like a Cheslovak Batmobile 😅
Lucky me to be alone home today, I ll probably start laughing with no warning all day long thinking of it :lol:

Pecheneg,

The "blueprint" in the middle of the page is the kind of thing I need. If you can, get it and apply a good texture to it (something a bit metallic, maybe a bit damaged) and you re done. The difficulty for me is to have the litle details (things like windows, accessories...) but I m training on an other model (I ll let you know).
This one will probably be a modelling challenge because it s all made of curves, but we can have a try.

On my part, I don t create things just for them to be a part of a mod. Of course, if you tell me it is for an existing mod, there s a higher chance I work on before models that are just bound to a collection. But as an example, I ve made a (very basic) anim for Surcouf model, even if I will probably never include it in any mod. But it s in my Civ4 unit collection, and I m satisfied with that. So don t hesitate with requests, if I have free time, I ll do my best to accomplish the quest :)

Last edited:
Well, the Skoda was just an example that you can find projections of even an exotic car produced in the amount of as many as 13 pieces. Theoretically, it could be a "national" Czech armored car, but, as is obvious, there are a huge bunch of more relevant holes in the lists of units.
Let's think about what is especially clearly missing, and I'll try to find it.
By the way, either the requested, or there is no Kathy "Wiesel" - in two versions, with a 20 mm cannon and an anti-tank missile.
In general, here's just what is in the "armored collection" of the same site:
Spoiler :

The most common MLRS on the planet, "Kalashnikov" among such installations – that is, "Grad".
240 mm self-propelled mortar (complex)
Artillery tracked tractor "Comintern", can successfully carry Katie's guns
Later tractor
Komsomolets Light armored tractor
Sd.Kfz.2 German tracked motorcycle.
Jagdpanzer IV
Marder II and III
A fairly common (200 pieces) German light tank destroyer based on the French R-35. Theoretically, it can work as a generalized light tank destroyer.
Sd.Kfz.251/9 Ausf.D (i.e. a self-propelled gun based on a "canonical" German APC, with a 75 mm cannon)
SD.KFZ.231,German triaxial armored car of the 30s https://modelist-konstruktor.com/bronekollekcziya/na-baze-trexosnogo-shassi
Light Hungarian tank "Toldi I":
Dodge 3/4
M2 Scoutcar
"Commando" V-150, an American armored car of the Cold War, 4 projections – with a 90 mm cannon.
T-60
Su-100
Su-122
Soviet railway 180 mm cannon
Soviet experimental wheeled tank, based on the BTR-70
British Staghound armored car in the main and anti-aircraft version
A rare Austrian four-axle armored car of the 1930s
https://modelist-konstruktor.com/bronekollekcziya/ne-opytnye-no-i-ne-massovye
Post-war Austrian light tank ("Cuirassier")
But his tower (from Amx-13) already has
a "Moon" - a tactical ground rocket (on a four-axle truck). A class of weapons that is not among the available units. Alas, without a rear projection.
Soviet mobile air defense system of the 1960s
An early Japanese light tank.
German tracked amphibious armored personnel carrier of the Second World War and the same class in Japanese. With... torpedoes :crazyeye:.

As well as armored trains, combat... sledge with a propeller in 3 projections, just "rare and boring" vehicles and what is "already there" vehicles, including the "Jaguar" in both versions.
This is what lies on the site in "ready-made form (not counting airplanes). Attached to this is the main deposit - an archive of issues of the same magazine, which can be downloaded. The magazine is, to put it mildly, not the only one. And of course, there are Russified versions of "Osprey", but it is quite dull compared to the local bacchanal

From the obvious, in the case of the 2nd World War, the mods lack a huge crowd of self-propelled guns based on armored personnel carriers, including self-propelled mortars. Armored personnel carriers and vehicles based on them were more mobile than "heavy" parts - that is, they could play the role of "armored cavalry". But it's a bit boring to draw, yes.

Last edited:
:lol: Christmas was a month ago, you know...

Already in the pipeline or already released:
- Wiesel 20mm (in my coldwar units list)
- BM21 Grad (in my coldwar units list)
- Komintern (although I think it s in Kathy s range with a composite nif as she s used to)
- Kettenkratrad (Kathy s already done one, maybe a little work on texture to perfect it)
- Jagdpanzer IV (I have to decide if I downgrade a model I recently got or if I build mine from scratch)
- Marder II (already in CFC database)
- Marder III M
- Sd.Kfz.251/9 Ausf.D (already in CFC database/in a mod in CFC)
- T60 (already in CFC database)

Maybe you could choose the model you REALLY want to get, because it actually takes me 2/3 weeks to produce a functionnal unit.

You should also have a look to MatteM s thread, I d bet there are some models he has already done.

From the obvious, in the case of the 2nd World War, the mods lack a huge crowd of self-propelled guns based on armored personnel carriers, including self-propelled mortars. Armored personnel carriers and vehicles based on them were more mobile than "heavy" parts - that is, they could play the role of "armored cavalry". But it's a bit boring to draw, yes.
Would you use it in a game? I mean how would you set them, what would make them important in your game?

Top Bottom