Jarmrik s factory

I like this artillery, even if I have no use for it yet. I hole I will find it again when I need it. :goodjob:

My doors are always opened for you :lol:
It went back to service in russian and ukrainian armies last year - probably earlier for Ukraine. So it may fit both for late cold war era and modern era. It s intented to destroy heavy structures and dense formations, as far as I know.

Thank you very much :hatsoff: . Miracles happen, yes :). I did not expect anyone to take up the T-60 (he is in the eternal shadow of the T-70). Meanwhile, the T-60 is not only the third most produced Soviet tank. In reality, he is with the T-70 in different classes and weight categories. The "70" is a classic light tank, but the "60" is a so-called small or "patrol" tank. In general, this is the result of the evolution of tankettes.
Naturally, the tactical niches of light tanks and small tanks are also different. The most obvious -, the class of small tanks was inhabited by floating scouts (T-60 aka T-40 C is essentially a land derivative of one of them), and airborne tanks (often it was the same thing).
In general, grandfather T-60 (T-37) was dropped from the planes, they were going to drop the "daddy", and actually the T-60 ... flew himself.
Spoiler :

These are experiments, but if the USSR had more air capabilities, the T-60 would have occupied the niche of an airborne tank.
And yes, just for the record - a light version of the Katyusha was installed on the T-60 case.https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/БМ-8-24

Not requested by Pecheneg :),
Well, I'm just trying not to be impudent:D . In reality, modern heavy guns were very necessary

Last edited:
Hi, I ve been quite inactive for a while because of a sprained right wrist, meaning no mouse nor keyboard for three loooooong weeks...
Today I tried to continue what I had started a month ago. I finally decided to build a ZIL135 from scratch (it tooks me much less time than converting the one I had).

zil_135_20230404_15-07-22.jpg

But I m completly stucking on the mount. I couldn t find a good picture of the launching system, and my "blind" attempts were not good at all. So if someone founds good pictures of the 9k52 launcher (possibly with no missile on), don t hesitate to contact me...

Even in not quite finished form, it's just fine. And yes, thank you very much :clap: - the car is very complex, the chances that it will ever be taken care of were vanishingly small. I didn't quite understand what kind of detail is needed, but here are two detailed photo shoots of the "Luna".
And sorry for the delay - I published a not too orthodox military technical article and am still arguing with commentators.

That will help thanks. Soviet vehicules have impossible shapes... That s why I started with german models :D

impossible shapes
Yes, the Russian engineering school just hates straight lines and flat surfaces. In part, this has a rational explanation: there are fewer details, albeit complex in shape, and there is less chance of problems during assembly by personnel who strongly dislike monotonous work. But only partially.

9k52 Luna-M released. I made a less detailed launcher than I wanted because the model was complicated and too heavy. Also I failed in animating the piston, so I just deleted it. I just hope it will be enough for the requester...
I put two versions: one with a one block launcher, and one with the missile separated, in case someone wants to do something with (new anim? projectile?)

9k52_LunaM.jpg

Download:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/9k52-luna-m.30649/

Really really cool:clap:[party]:hatsoff:. Thank you so much - I almost did not hope that I would ever be able to close the problem with missing unit classes, and even more so to close it perfectly. At the same time, on the basis of the same truck there were also MLRS, launchers for anti-ship missiles and ... launchers for jet drones. Should I find the drawings or would you prefer to take a break from the Soviet... diesel baroque?

9k57 may be a possibility, but the launcher will need a huge work, more than the Luna required. Later maybe. But if you find the required elements, I can upload the ZIL135, and you put what you want on it. Just have to ask.
And yes, I take a break from the "soviet diesel baroque" :lol:. You will have to wait a bit for reinforcement.

Kathy, I have started working on spz Luchs II. But if I remember well, you were looking for the Wiesel. In so far as I haven t gone very far in modeling the Luchs, I can change my plans and go for the Wiesel if you like.
But now my wrist is functional, I have to get back to work (need money to feed the fridge). I also have to prepare the uploads of units I made for a mod I ve been working on for a long time, which may interest some of you - we ll see. So no promise on release date, as usual.

Yes, the "Uragan" animation alone will also be extremely baroque. At the same time, "Luchs" is also cool, and a hungry refrigerator is not an ordinary monster. This is the boss.

@Jarmrik
Do you also take sci-fi requests?
I'm thinking of some conversations from Universe at War: Earth Assault.
However these aren't urgent at all.

No particular policy on the eras. I m on WWII and Cold War because I ve been solicited on it; but I also have a sci-fi mod in which I design weapons for example.
In converting models, it is more a matter of complexity and file weight: I won t spend 45 hours in converting a 8Mb object into a 1,5Mb nif that will more or less make your game crash every time you select it, if you understand what I mean. At last, my critical limit is anim: no kfm/matching skeleton, no model.

Now your turn :):
- do you have the original models, in which format?
- do you have pictures that would be a strong base to work on (front/rear/top+one side)?

In converting models, it is more a matter of complexity and file weight: I won t spend 45 hours in converting a 8Mb object into a 1,5Mb nif that will more or less make your game crash every time you select it, if you understand what I mean. At last, my critical limit is anim: no kfm/matching skeleton, no model.
Fair enough. I totally understand.
I even like that you have a clear policy 🙂

Now your turn :):
- do you have the original models, in which format?
- do you have pictures that would be a strong base to work on (front/rear/top+one side)?

1681587055546.png

Something like this. It doesn't even need to be the same.

I understand, that it is very a different thing, and if you say 'No' I won't even be disappointed ;)
But I had the models extracted from the game sometime, I'll try to find them....

EDIT:
Just checked: The game is using .ala and .alo files for models.
Not sure if you can work with those :shifty:

Last edited:
Dear <Nexus>... Do you want my brain to explode? :think: Honestly, I m not sure I can do such a thing...
Okay, is the in game camera mobile? I mean can you take screenshots that would have perfect angles, so I could have an usable 2D view?
Example attached

Attachments

• 9k52.jpg
    9k52.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 20
BTR-4 released. Have fun!
BTR_4.jpg

Download:

Kronstadt Orion combat drone/UAV, my first identified flying object model...
I realized a little too late I put the Kornet launcher version but used the bomber anim from asioasioasio's MQ-1 which will appear as an unforgetable mistake for the purists. Xenomorph has released somewhere here a missile version of the said MQ-1, if you feel hot enough to make a modification by yourself. However, if it really gives you insomnia, I can modify and upload a bomb equiped version of the Orion, just request.

Orion_drone.jpg

Download:

Last edited:
Top Bottom