[Vanilla] Jarms' Big List of Requests / Suggestions

Jarms48

Prince
Rather than flooding this section with numerous requests, I've decided to just place them all here. Just a quick outline of the mods I have:
- Ilkum++ : Provides more options, thought I'd test it out.
- Egypt's Nile : I consider Egypt fairly low in the tier list, so this is a nice buff. Not the one I was thinking of but I'll go into that more later.
- Desert Farms : Provides more options, not too game breaking. Gives Civ's who don't have UI's the ability to improve their Petra city yields, or get some yields if Petra is taken.
- Tundra Farms : Ditto, but for tundra.
- Improved Aqueduct District : I like the idea of this one, but I've disabled it because I consider it too powerful. I'll put my request for Aqueduct changes below.
- Jungle Mills : Provides more options, not too game breaking. Gives an alternative to always chopping.
- Machine Guns +1 Range : Keeps Machine Guns relevant in the late game.
- Buffs to Weak Strategic/Bonus Resources : Will upgrade to Better Resource Yields once I get R&F.
- Theater's Natural Wonders bonus : I'm surprised this wasn't already in game.
- Production Queue : Simplifies the city management process, let's you queue up numerous projects.
- Better Trade Screen : Simplifies the trade process.
- Removable Districts : Let's you remove poorly placed AI districts when you capture their cities, also let's you tear down unnecessary campuses after you research everything.
- City Roads: I found this mod recently and think it's excellent. In my eyes at least, it represents the construction of local roads made by villages, which then continue to expand as your population and empire grow. Eventually culminating into a complex road network between cities. In my opinion I would still give Builders the ability to build roads individually to fill in holes or make your infrastructure network more efficient. Where traders can then be used for their intended purpose, or the establishment of "international road networks."

My old requests:
- End of River Tiles not Counting as Fresh Water : Previous request I've made, one that really bugs me. As an example there are about 20+ tiles that would benefit from making these tiles yield fresh water on True Start Earth. Those 20-ish tiles also increase when you factor in the additional placement areas for aqueducts.
- Support Unit Buffs : The medic in particular seems really expensive for what it does, considering you can get an apostle with the healing promotion which has no maintenance cost and 4 movement.
- Legion Road Building : Provides synergy with Rome's UA.

My current requests:
- Aqueducts:
- +1 Great Engineer point per turn. Reasoning: Ever since the Industrial Zone was made into a regional district Great Engineer points generate a lot slower than they once did, this would provide an additional source.
- Provides the city with a source of fresh water from an adjacent River, Lake, Oasis, or Mountain.
- Cities that do not yet have existing fresh water receive up to 6 Housing.
- Cities that already have existing fresh water will instead get +2 Housing.
- Cities that do not have access to the Water Mill can instead build one in the Aqueduct district. Otherwise the Aqueduct has no building options (the Water Mill is hidden if buildable in the City-Centre). Reasoning: There's a lot of Wheat and Rice that are in locations far away from rivers and you'll lose out on the bonus food, adding this building to the Aqueduct would allow more options and allow these non-river cities to catch-up on the food front (with some infrastructure investment).
- Does not depend on Citizen Population.​

- I'd like to suggest a new building for Coastal Cities only, the Desalination Plant:
- Requires Coast (the Desalination Plant is hidden if your city has access to fresh water).
- Provides the city with a source of fresh water from an adjacent Coast.
- Cities that do not yet have existing fresh water receive up to 6 Housing.
- +5 Food.
- +1 Production.
- Technology: Electricity.
- Production Cost: 525.
- Maintenance Cost: 3 Gold.
Units:
Spoiler :

Recon:
- Okihtcitaw:
- Production cost reduced to 30.​
- Highlander:
- Increase attack range to 2.​

Melee:
- Ngao Mbeba:
- Strength increased to 36.​
- Legion:
- Can use "builder charge" to place a road.​
- Berserker / Khevsur / Samurai:
- Can upgrade from Swordsman.​
- Garde Imperiale / Redcoat:
- Production cost reduced to 330.
- Can upgrade from Musketman.
- Can upgrade into Infantry.​

Ranged:
- Maryannu Chariot Archer:
- Production cost reduced to 80.
- Maintenance cost to 1 GPT.
- Gains 1 bonus movement if it begins a turn on a flat tile with no woods, rainforest, or hills. Slight nerf to make up for other buffs.
- Change to in-addition to Heavy Chariot not a replacement of.​
- Saka Horse Archer:
- Increase attack range to 2.
- Can upgrade into Crossbowman.​
- Crouching Tiger:
- Increase attack range to 2.
- Replaces Crossbowman.​
- Hwacha:
- Remove cannot move and attack in the same turn restriction.​
- Machine Gun:
- Increase attack range to 2.​

Anti-Cavalry:
- Spearman / Hoplite:
- Production cost reduced to 60.
- No combat penalties against melee units (Hoplite only).​
- Pikeman / Impi:
- Production cost reduced to 160 (Pikeman only).
- Strength increased to 45.
Heavy Cavalry:
- Winged Hussar:
- Can upgrade from Knight.​
- Rough Rider:
- Can upgrade from Knight.
- Can upgrade into Tanks.
- Unlocked at Military Science.
- Gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting on Hills. Slight nerf to make up for buffs.
- Maintenance cost to 3 GPT. Slight nerf to make up for buffs.
Naval Raider:
- Sea Dog:
- Remove the ability to capture ships, and replace it with the ability to earn gold for every unit killed. Unlocking the Boarding promotion increases gold yield.
- (Alternative take if possible) Remove the ability to capture ships, and replace it with the ability to plunder trade routes without a declaration of war if undetected.​

Civilian:
- Builders:
- All improvements are intrinsically built with a road. Inspired by "City Roads" mod.
- Can use a builder charge to place a road.​

Support:
- Battering Ram / Siege Tower:
- Only usable by melee and anti-cavalry.​
- Military Engineer:
- Drop production cost to 85.
- Reduce "builder" charges to 1.
- Reduce upkeep cost to 0 gold per turn (same as builder).​
- Medic:
- Drop production cost to 330.
- Reduce upkeep cost to 2 gold per turn.​

Policies:
Spoiler :

- Survey:
- Double experience for recon units, +50% Production towards Scouts.​
- God King:
- +1 Faith in the Capital, +1 Gold in all cities.​
- Trade Confederation:
- +1 Culture and +1 Science from international Trade Routes, +30% Production towards Traders.​
- Logistics:
- +1 movement if starting turn in friendly territory, newly trained Military Engineers gain 1 extra build action.​

Civs:
Spoiler :

- Egypt:
- Iteru: +15% Production towards districts and wonders built next to a River. Farms built on Floodplains provide 2 Gold.
- Floodplains no longer block placement of districts and wonders for all Civilizations.
- Sphinx: +1 Appeal, +1 Culture, +1 Faith.
+2 Faith if next to a Wonder.
+1 Culture at Natural History.
+1 Appeal (to adjacent tiles) at Mass Media.​
- Maryannu Chariot Archer:
- Production cost reduced to 80.
- Maintenance cost to 1 GPT.
- Gains 1 bonus movement if it begins a turn on a flat tile with no woods, rainforest, or hills. Slight nerf to make up for other buffs.
- Change to in-addition to Heavy Chariot not a replacement of.​

Last edited:
Top Bottom