Jaws

blackbutterfly

Emperor
@Diktaattori Sharknado? šŸ¤£

That's not a Jaws reboot.
It's parody.
And then some.

Have you heard of marine biologist Ocean Ramsey?

Jaws did considerable harm to the conservation of sharks, settling it back decades.

In the opening scene you have blonde girl swimming for her life eaten by the great white Jaws.
Ocean Ramsey turns that image on its head.
Now blonde girl is swimming along side Jaws.

I have seen a reef shark scuba diving in Sydney Australia. I was only one in the group that turned and swam the other way šŸ¤£

I think you will find the behaviour of Jaws to be very uncharacteristic. And lots of people know that now.
People are excited to see sharks, not scared.

Let's see how well the rerun does in theatres.

Last edited:
Wow! Impressive. And most of the swimmers were snorkeling (no air tanks).

I did have an amazing time diving with sharks in Fiji.

Sadly no photos of the sharks!

1663873600504.png

I have seen sharks several times while spearfishing. Mostly dogfish but also a couple considerably big blue sharks and even a huge baskin shark (this last one from my boat). They all ran away when watched us, so didn't look very menacing. Anyway I think getting that close to a great white is crazy. Only for experts who know these animals behavior very well and know what they are doing.

It would have been cool if CIV IV had sharks in them or some other kind of aquatic barbarian enemy for your boats.
Krakens sinking early ships.

@blackbutterfly We need to be kind to sharks. You might open a conversation with the fellow who started this thread....

Last edited:
Civ: Beyond Earth
Dang, that sure does look creepy!

We need to be kind to sharks. You might open a conversation with the fellow who started this thread....
It depends if it's possible to be kind to sharks in a way that's understood as beneficial for each party. I mean, they are carnivores. I'd think they'd eat cows, for example, if they walked on legs on land. If I could talk to sharks, I'd be all, "Hey sharko, what's with all the fish gobblin'?"

It depends if it's possible to be kind to sharks in a way that's understood as beneficial for each party. I mean, they are carnivores. I'd think they'd eat cows, for example, if they walked on legs on land. If I could talk to sharks, I'd be all, "Hey sharko, what's with all the fish gobblin'?"
View the cool video that opens this thread.

Dang, that sure does look creepy!

Actually until it was brought up in this thread I'd forgotten how potent Civ: Beyond Earth's aquatic aliens are, more so than Civ V/VI's boat barbs.

Perhaps it's because there is aquatic gameplay in BE, but not in regular Civ?
(i.e. you can build aquatic cities in BE).

View the cool video that opens this thread.
Swimming with sharks will never not be cool.

Actually until it was brought up in this thread I'd forgotten how potent Civ: Beyond Earth's aquatic aliens are, more so than Civ V/VI's boat barbs.

Perhaps it's because there is aquatic gameplay in BE, but not in regular Civ?
(i.e. you can build aquatic cities in BE).
Is that a fun game? I've heard mixed reviews about BE.

There were reef sharks when I went snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef but itā€™s hard to be intimidated by an animal half your length. A great white would have been a very different experience lol.

All that said we kill way too many sharks and have done an absolute number on their existence.

Top Bottom