JEELEN's CIV Gold scenarios

The Crusades! for CIV Gold BtS is now at 600+ downloads.;)

Darn! I'm overdue for an update of this one...

The Crusades! for CIV Gold BtS is now at 700 downloads.;)

Note: haven't had the time to do an update...:(

1862 AD for CIV Gold BTS - good but few mistakes
- british and spanish as well as france at war with mexico in 1862
- british and french not at war with china, in 1862 british, french and china government were allies during the taiping rebelion
- british were at war with the Māori people on new zealand in 1862
-why is there an south african nation? was only zulu and boer people in that area and fighting didnt escalate into war till 1879 and 1880 against the british
- Rangoon should be british, it was seized by the british in 1852
- hayderabad no longer captial of Sindh in 1862 was changed to karachi in 1840's so the city should be karachi and karachi was conquered by the british in 1843 so should be british
-minor state becomes a big power because of the number of cities it has, could it be split up into 4 minors maybe e.g minor america, minor europe, minor africa, minor asia etc and the technology seems a little too far ahead for 1862

Well, thx for the detailed criticism, I guess. Though you might pass it on to Lokolus, as I merely did a CIV Gold edition with very little changes to the original.;)

wasnt trying to criticise, merely just pointing out a few factual errors thats all ;)

I'd of edited it my self if i knew how :)

Pointing out errors is criticizing (which I don't mind at all), but unless Lokolus does an update on Earth 1862 AD I won't be making any changes. The main reason for this is, I'm not too happy about how the scenario plays out, but to change that I'd have to do a major overhaul, which might make the original irrecognizable.* Which is why I suggested pointing your finds out to Lokolus, who is the original creator.

* A secondary reason is I've got 2-3 scenarios planned, 2 updates I'm backlogged on plus MOO2Civ. So I haven't got the time right now.

PS: Actually you can easily edit the changes you propose by starting up the scenario, choosing the first civ in the list, opening Worldbuilder when your turn comes up and saving all of the changes you make.

I won't be making any changes. The main reason for this is, I'm not too happy about how the scenario plays out, but to change that I'd have to do a major overhaul, which might make the original irrecognizable.

yes i know what you mean, things like the tech is too far ahead for 1862, minor nation becomes big power due to size and when i played as england you had minimum units to protect cities in south africa against lots of units of barbians and sud afrika or whatever its called

Actually, the Boer Republics of Oranje Vrijstaat (Orange Freestate) and Transvaal were independent until they were defeated in the late 19th century Boer War. (The Union of South Africa wasn't created until the mid 20th century.) So England should be at peace with the South Africans (though maybe not the Zulus, hence the barbarians) in 1862 AD, but I think Lokolus wanted to mix in some late 19th century events (like the Opium Wars/Boxer Rebellion in China) and not miss out on the US Civil War and the unification processes going on in Germany (1870-'71) and Italy (starting in 1859).

yes i know, there should be a boer and zulu nation in that area of the map not south africa thats what i meant and well yes i can see where he went with the barbarians but there is lots of barbarian units in that area and basicly no british units, not enough to defend the british cities let alone win the later wars and as for the mixing well then thats fine if he wants to do that but in which case is should be called 1800's not 1862 and also i question the number of units given to france/britain to battle china, theres no way with what is given to them they could do like in the second Opium War take some cities and then sailed a larger join force from hong kong land and march and take the capitial, cant exactly do that with 3 land units and 2 ships

Err... OK, I know you got only 12 posts on your count, but it's in the Scenarios forum (you can't miss it: 1862 AD/Lokolus/5 stars rating). Don't be a stranger now.;)

750 AD for CIV Gold BtS has reached 400 downloads, while 1790 AD for CIV Gold BtS now counts 800 downloads.

You could keep both scenarios up--that is, keep the Lokulus edition going, but make your own edition as well, where you can take advantage of CIV Gold and a custom DLL.

I'm assuming you're talking about 1862 AD: that's an idea. Although presently I have no time to work it out, as I've got 2 other scenarios planned plus 2 more I want to update already. (Also, my comp can't really handle 40 civs maps, so I don't see that happening, sorry.)

Top Bottom