JEELEN's CIV Gold scenarios

The "Russians" in the scenario are (or are supposed to be) Kiev Rus - as it's the 1st "Russian" state, and R(i)urik was the 1st ruler, followed by Oleg (+ 913), Igor and then Sviatoslav (962-72).

Strictly speaking Oleg was the 1st ruler of Kiev Rus, as it was he who took the city, but I assume Rurik was chosen because of the start date of the scenario, which is adapted from taillesskangaru's original version. As a compromise between Rurik-Oleg and Russia/Kiev Rus, the combination Rurik-Russia is not half bad - and historically correct.

But you can change these names simply yourself, either in-game when playing the (Kievan) Russians, or by filling in the names you prefer by opening the WBS file with Notepad and saving the file.;)

I think that Sviatoslav LH looks more like Rurik than Peter's (his clothes are too modern for that time)

I'm sorry, it appears I've misunderstood: I thought you were talking about the real guy. Well, you may be right then, but I don't implement LHs if they're not in CIV Gold or a standard LH. I'm just a scenario guy, y'know! However, if more issues pop up, I can include Ivan IV in version 1.1, how's that?;)

BTW, are you actually playing this? Any comments?

Yes, I do, and I like your CIV Gold scenarios very much! As about this scenario, I haven't played it yet :)

:goodjob: Just uploaded:

1066 AD for CIV Gold for CIV Gold BTS 4.0 (Final)

Current version: 2.3 (version 2.2 removed after 356 downloads; version 2.1 removed after 211 downloads.)

Changes:

- added Sejong LH as Zhen Zong of Southern Sung
- added Afonso LH as Philip I of France
- added Charles V LH as Sancho V of Spain
- some map editing (corrected Noumea, added units)
- updated the NOTES.

DL page here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7780.

:hatsoff:

Next up: 1600 AD for CIV Gold update!

:goodjob: Just uploaded:

1600 AD for CIV Gold BTS!

Current version: 1.1 (version 1.0 removed after 338 downloads; Alpha version removed after 112 downloads; Beta version removed after 26 downloads).

Changes in 1.1:

- added Denmark as a custom civ
- updated Poland(-Lithuania)
- updated Maghreb (= Morocco)
- some map editing (corrected & added a city plus some units)
- NOTES updated.

Changes in 1.0:

- 2 custom CIV Gold civs added
- 3 CIV Gold Leaderheads added
- Denmark & Sweden now start with a Great General
- added City Walls to Danish capital
- corrected some city names
- minor editing of units.
- updated the attached NOTES file

Download from: http://forums.civfantics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7911

Just uploaded::goodjob:

1790 AD for CIV Gold BTS version 1.1

Current version includes 4 custom civs from CIV Gold:

- Austria
- Denmark (Scandinavian States)
- Bolivarian (Colombian empire)
- Vietnam.

Version 1.0 removed after 336 downloads; Alpha version removed after 88 downloads.

Additional screenshot on the download page: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7938

OK, I'm on a break for the weekend!

I will, but not right now, as I'm planning some more CIV Gold editions of my regular scenarios (as promised). Anyway, over the weekend I'm on a break, visiting my brother; we're gonna try out 7 Ages, a board game that I recently acquired.:mischief:

BTW, have you tried 1066 AD for CIV Gold already?

EDIT: In chronoligical order I'm thinking 600 BC for CIV Gold (I skipped that one), The Crusades! (with CIV Gold Hungary, Poland...) and then September 1939 (perhaps on a Huge Europe map or December 1941 (Huge World map). So, there!

And something near 2000?
P.S. I've downloaded it, but haven't played it yet - don't have much time.

Oops! Thx - link fixed!:mischief:

(I don't know how to create a [substitute] link, i.e. I have to type out every URL wholly - hence the occasional typo...):(

Hi

Very nice work. Bravo !

Too bad that since i've installed CiV 4 Gold mod i've random crash (some memory problem it seems....). I still can play it but i have to save more... This mod is really big and slows the launching of the scenario a lot. If you just use a small part of it, it would be better to find another solution unless i'm the only one having this bug.

Also, i've noticed there's St Louis town 2 times for french (One St Louis in America and one Saint Louis in Africa :) )
And you have spies at start, but 0 espionnage points ... so what are we supposed to do with spies ?

Finally, i think that you shall not began the game with Universal Suffrage tech

Very nice work. Bravo !

Thx!:D

Too bad that since i've installed CiV 4 Gold mod i've random crash (some memory problem it seems....). I still can play it but i have to save more... This mod is really big and slows the launching of the scenario a lot. If you just use a small part of it, it would be better to find another solution unless i'm the only one having this bug.

I (and others) have noticed the slower loading and proposed PAKing the graphics file but CIV Gold team has no time to do this.:( (But I just got another idea that I'll ask about on the Technical Support thread.)

Also, i've noticed there's St Louis town 2 times for french (One St Louis in America and one Saint Louis in Africa :) )
And you have spies at start, but 0 espionnage points ... so what are we supposed to do with spies ?

The double St Louis was in the Earth 1790 AD original; I must just have copied it without noticing. It'll be fixed if I do an update.

About the Spies: save 'em!;)

Finally, i think that you shall not began the game with Universal Suffrage tech

OK - why not? (I'm supposing you played the French?)

I (and others) have noticed the slower loading and proposed PAKing the graphics file but CIV Gold team has no time to do this.:( (But I just got another idea that I'll ask about on the Technical Support thread.)

Hi guys,

I just want to clarify - the load times are huge and we knew they would be (as noted in our release FAQ. But as Fierabras said - and as we've written in the project desciption - Gold is also a source of comprehensive civ modules. Using a PAK format would make it difficult for mod makers to strip what they needed, and Gold civs currently have a home in several community mods.

But I'm definitely open to anything that decreases load times. I'll look for your suggestions.

Cheers.

Well, I don't know if you've noticed in the Technical Support thread, but you can actually remove unused civs from the mod - if you also remove the relevant lines from the Diplomacy XML. (To prevent error messages; otherwise the mod will still run - but with diplomatic error messages.)

Actually I thought of turning my CIV Gold scenarios into mini-mods. (IMO this would decrease loading time considerably as each scenario only uses a fraction of the 90 civs of the mod.) But this will have to wait as I want to do a CIV Gold edition of The Crusades! and 50 AD for BTS first.;)

Thx for the answers

I had no time to look in tech support area but i'll have to do it unless your solution (diplomacy Xml) works as in fact it's crashing more than i thought, something like every 2 turns more or less. It comes in various situations like opening an advisor screen or simply roaming the map.

Also, i had several big slowdown ingame, just lasting a few seconds (less than 10, did not count) as if Civ was on the edge of freezing (and sound is stuterring too). It's either when i roam the map or when a civ contact me, and it's usually early after i launch the game (after having crashed or not ...). Add to that the long initial load time, and it's breaking the rythm and is of course rather irritating as this scenario seems very interesting.

About spies, yes, i'll keep them for later. At least they allows to see what is in the town they're in.

About Universal suffrage, it seems to me it make it too easy (though i've not played a lot of turns ....) and is a bit early.

And yes, i'm playing the french.

Top Bottom