JEELEN's Civ2 Scenarios

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario Creation' started by Agent327, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

5. Radyserb

Radyserb Chieftain

One question: Is the First Contact-Scenario MGE-compatible? It looks like this:

Attached Files:

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Welcome Radyserb!

Well, it's not exactly supposed to look like that, but I remember that certain Asteroid squares sometimes look like they've been laid over a Planet terrain - which is, if I remember correctly, how I created them. The map itself looks the way it should, as I copied the idea from one of kobayashi's scenarios, where the whole map consisted of Planet/Islands in a big Space/Ocean. (I also tried a Master of Orion-variant, but that didn't work properly - the AI never colonized any of the other islands/planet systems.)

If it's MGE-compatible I honestly don't know, as I didn't keep notes on which Civ2 version I made these scenarios (originally I made them just for private use and I never uploaded any of them at the time); if it works, all the better - if it doesn't, too bad. You'll just have to try, I'm afraid.:dunno:

BTW, thanks for the screenshot! :thumbsup:

7. Radyserb

Radyserb Chieftain

Do you play your own scenario? :p

Btw: Date of readme is 09-11-2001 :goodjob:

Attached Files:

8. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I usually do - although it's been a couple of months since I last played Civ2. And I read through (and if necessary edit) all Readmes before uploading. (Just the other day I found an error in a Civ4 scenario Readme- which however I am not editing, because I will not be updating it anytime soon.)

PS Another reason I cannot answer your MGE question is that I don't have it (I did have the Civ2 Gold edition, but now I have the Chronicles edition).

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

10. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Jelen, do you have your own webpage?

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I have one 'under construction', why?

12. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Mostly to add it to my list of Civ2 modders ;)

13. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Ah, well I don't mod Civ2 anymore, really. (Sorry.)

14. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Still, for a record's sake it would be a good project. :p

15. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

16. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

17. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

19. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

jeelen,i would like to know if i could upload a test of time Exstended original scenario using a gigamap ,i still have not gotten my answer past few months. the Giga map i downloaded from this web site works and it measures 254x 230 tiles so far i have not seen another earth larger. but im going to try make it bigger but in order to do it i have to move all landmass's south from certain key points showing all of the land south of 60* latitude is not nessisary. im trying to make it more like duckflanders nice world map. i like the Size of Lavant coast. on duck flanders it was not enough space between Damascus and Jerusalem. also giga earth map and duckflanders lack in the space between Odessa and Istanbul. so what i ended up doing was i moved Africa south by 3 tiles. to add for this error. then a year later i found out Giga map was actually a larger surface area so i do know that after spending say a day or two i could move all coastlines south from where i want. but on Duckflanders it only took me about 6 hours to move africa south by 1 square so i had spent a long time on it. and i got up as far as the year 1911. and the space alieans had gotten the leonards workshop wonder all by them selfs and so they they were working on a space program before the humans were. of cource that game got erase a few weeks ago.
    my Test of time game wont have any modding exspect a diffrence to the rules file to alouw diffrent types of tiles to develop diffrent amounts of Food. a tile of land producing a maximum of only 2 food is ridiculusly too low. it would not even alouw for a city of 10 million people. so i uped it too 8 and now instead the least number is 2 such as deserts and glaciers. or what ever. with this change i once had a population nearly as high as 5 billion humans on a modified regular earth im certain that i could create a 10 billion human world on a giga map of the earth.

20. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Sure, go ahead. ;) I don't know what question you need answering though.