Jernoran- Halfling Civ

mimic

Magic Box
Download is Here

A new civ I made for fun, the Jernoran are a race of halflings. They aren't at all like the Hobbits from LOTR though (even if they are the main inspiration) these Halflings are troublesome opportunists, nomadic wanderers, and seekers of wealth like the ones from DnD, well thats the description I got from wikipedia :p

Changelog for Vers 2!
  1. Made worker halfling size
  2. Gave new ability "steal gold" to Thief
  3. Added new building "Levee" that makes rivers a lot better for halflings
  4. Thieves Guild now gives more exp to recon units
  5. New unit graphic for Myrmidon
  6. halflings now get "Halfling Slinger" uu for archer
  7. New "Pitfall" improvement that causes damage to non halflings who move on it

Features

leaders get 3 traits each, all units get weak promo, all units get halfling promo, all units are very small. They have a good synergy with recon line and are good with animals.

Leaders

Karine the Swift

Spoiler :

Alignment:

Neutral

Traits:

Fin/def/raiders

Background:

Karine the Swift is the reliable and resourcful leader of the Jernoran but she has a shadowy past from her time as a nomad and hunter and her other...profession, she was trained as an assassin to serve esus but left that path to lead her people, she is respected for her combat skills and wisdom, she is known to be a collector of artefacts, and will do anything in her power to obtain such things.

Kaliptar the III

Spoiler :

Alignment:

Neutral

Traits:

aggr/def/raiders

Background:

Kaliptar is a rogue and leads his people to banditry and thieving, he is very cunning and enjoys wealth but he spends gold as quickly as he aqcuires it.

Other Stuff:

Shadow UU: Shadow Step
Workboat UU: Raft
Scout UU- Thief, can explore rival territory, can steal gold and equipment.
Hunter UU- Rogue, same as thief except it kidnaps instead of steals.
Hunting lodge UB: Thieves Guild
Archer UU: Halfling Slinger
Longbowmen UU: Light Crossbow
Crossbowman UU: Ballista
Arquebusier UU: Arquballista
Ranger UU: Myrmidon has courage, dominate animal, explore rival
Horsemen UU: Mule Rider, this is temporary until I get art for War Dogs which are halflings on ferocious dogs

Hero:

Amerantha Silverback

Spoiler :

Inspiration picture, currently she looks like this..

I cant edit graphics or anything so if anyone is willing to stick her on a wolf I'd appreciate it :) I got the graphic from
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=250360
Also it would be cool to get rid of the teamcolor hair and just make it black/brown

World Spell: Rise of the Halfmen, gives all halfing units extra strength

I need ideas and suggestions :)

I could also use some new art if you want to help with this PM me.

Special thanks to:

• Tasunke for ideas
  • Opera for buttons
  • Chuggi for units
  • GarretSidzaka for the female crossbow
  • Kailric for units
  • PhysicLlamas for Great Maw (pitfall)

Download is at top of page.

Attachments

• Raft.JPG
    Raft.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 553
  • GuildofThieves.JPG
    GuildofThieves.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 513
  • jernoaxe.JPG
    jernoaxe.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 483
I duno... starting with the Weak promotion could severely gimp them, especially in the early game. Perhaps a strength reduction would be better? Something like -20% strength/+10% withdrawal for the racial promotion.

With kaliptar as the leader they have aggressive, raiders and defensive and halfling which is altogether +20% str, +10% str in borders, 20% withdraw always, 0-2 first strikes always, can move on enemy roads ... they are really small, smaller than dwarves. Giving them -20% strength would just negate the effects of combat 1 or whatever, Weak isn't that crippling for them with all the bonuses they get.

EDIT: Well that gave me an idea for their worldspell:

Gives all their units +1 str

need a name for it.

Rise of the Halfmen ... name for worldspell.

Ah, dumb me! :lol:

I like her picture... Icewind Dale II, if I'm not mistaking.
You'll use a civ trait for the weak promo?

Thats right, The picture is from Icewind Dale II :)

There already was a trait for the weak promo, so I just used that :dunno:

Ah, yes, I forgot that :D
I'm eager to see the development of your mod!

Thanks :D would anyone be willing to edit a graphic for me? check the Hero info in the first post if you want to help :)

Thanks :D would anyone be willing to edit a graphic for me? check the Hero info in the first post if you want to help :)
Did you post this in the Unit Request thread? You could find help there.

If you want, I can do the button with the inspiration image you posted, though. I'm an expert buttoneer :)

(i saw your post in the Unique Request thread :goodjob:)

Hehe, that would be great! could you do buttons for the leaders too? or am I being greedy :lol:

Aye, I've already got their portraits ingame. But no button :( Kaliptar is using falamars button :lol:

Oh! I did them too since I begun before you answered. I don't know if you did the 125% stretch trick so that they look alright ingame (not in the selection screen).

Did the hero and leaders' buttons and banners :)

Attachments

• Mimic.7z
    181 KB · Views: 88
Oh wow :) thanks a bunch, I'm useless at the art stuff, barely managed to get the portraits in :lol: this is very helpful :goodjob:

You're welcome :)
This is certainly just how much I will be able to help you, though. I'm stuck at the button-making in art mastery :lol:

Top Bottom