JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Norway updated:

• Danish UA restored to its vanilla form
  • Norway now gets +1 Gold on Fish and all oceanic luxuries are doubled (includes Barathor's Coral now), instead of faster embarked units
  • Crossing ice function moved to the Norwegian decision

Spoiler :

The Kingdom of Norway - Haakon Haakonsson
The Northward Route: Begin with all coastal tiles visible and receive double quantity from ocean luxuries. Sources of Fish yield +1 Gold.

Birkebeiner: The Birkebeiner is a Swordsman which can move through hills, snow and tundra at double the usual rate, and which is slightly cheaper to produce. Only the Norwegians may build it.

Stave Church: The Stave Church is the unique Norwegian replacement for the Temple. In addition to boosting a city's Faith output, the Stave Church increases the amount of Food stored in the city after a new Citizen is born by the amount of Faith produced in that city. It also does not require a Shrine in order to be built.

The Kingdom of Denmark - Harald Bluetooth
Longboat: The Longboat is an early naval unit unique to Denmark, replacing the Trireme. Unlike the Trireme, the Longboat is a ranged unit and, though it is slightly weaker, it confers a foreign lands combat bonus to Land Units within two tiles. It also may move after attacking, allowing it to easily engage in hit-and-run tactics. This unit also replaces the Galleass. Any ancient era Longboats will be automatically upgraded after researching Compass.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Haakon (including Leaderscene), Map, Longboat Icon, Longboat Unit Flag Icons, City List)
Firaxis - Stave Church and Birkebeiner Art and Graphics
Peace Theme - Andreas Waldetoft Wilderness
War Theme - Geoff Knorr - Viking Fury

Includes internal support for: Ethnic Units, Gedemon's YnAEMP, Sukritact's Decisions, Tomatekh's Historical Religions.

Would it be in your interest to make the individual civ maps available in any way? Also, why did Janboruta remove the link to his DiviantArt? I thought it was cool to see all of the mods he's worked on.

Also, why did Janboruta remove the link to his DiviantArt? I thought it was cool to see all of the mods he's worked on.

Uh, I didn't (it's still in my signature, isn't it?). But DeviantArt only has a fraction of things I have worked on. And I rarely update it with new art, because it's either for mods, or for clients - and I can't publish game development art until said game is released.

And I don't have much time to draw ordinary illustrations for myself, which is a source of grief for me. :sad:

And I don't have much time to draw ordinary illustrations for myself, which is a source of grief for me. :sad:

And a source of great joy for the modding community :p

Uh, I didn't (it's still in my signature, isn't it?). But DeviantArt only has a fraction of things I have worked on. And I rarely update it with new art, because it's either for mods, or for clients - and I can't publish game development art until said game is released.

Oh. I thought you removed it for a little bit.

Alright, most of the individual revised civs have been updated, and Denmark has been added:

Maria Theresa - Austria (GK, BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Archduchy of Austria - Maria Theresa
Dragoon: Dragoons are best suited for combat against other mounted units, possessing a promotion which grants +15% Combat Strength against them. They also earn promotions 20% faster and when garrisoned in a city generates +1 Culture for every level the unit has earned. This unit does not obsolete.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Civ Icon)

Harald Bluetooth- Denmark (BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Kingdom of Denmark - Harald Bluetooth
Longboat: The Longboat is an early naval unit unique to Denmark, replacing the Trireme. Unlike the Trireme, the Longboat is a ranged unit and, though it is slightly weaker, it confers a foreign lands combat bonus to Land Units within two tiles. It also may move after attacking, allowing it to easily engage in hit-and-run tactics. This unit also replaces the Galleass. Any ancient era Longboats will be automatically upgraded after researching Compass.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Unit Icon, Unit Flag Icon)

Elizabeth - England (BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Kingdom of England - Elizabeth
Elizabethan Age: Naval Units gain +2 Movement and additional experience from combat during Golden Ages. Great Admirals may be expended to begin a Golden Age.

Grand Carrack: The Grand Carrack is the English unique unit, replacing the Galleass. This unit has greater strength than the Galleass and may cross oceans before Astronomy. It also may heal outside of friendly territory when it is adjacent to a Great Admiral.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Grand Carrack (including retexture))

Bismarck - Germany (BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Empire of Germany - Bismarck
Blood and Iron: Conquered City-States do not enter resistance and provide an additional delegate to the World Congress

Jaeger: The Jaeger is the unique German replacement for the Rifleman. Unlike the Rifleman, the Jaeger begins with the Scouting 1 and Survivalism 1 promotions, and so can be upgraded with promotions normally only available to Recon units, such as the Scout. It also earns promotions 15% faster.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Jaeger)
bernie14 - Jaeger Graphics

Suleiman - The Ottomans (BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Empire of the Ottomans - Suleiman
Suzerainty: +1 Food, Gold and Production in non-puppet cities from every puppet city that you own. +2 Faith from cities following a different religion than your main religion.

Catherine - Russia (BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Empire of Russia - Catherine
Banya: The Banya is the unique Russian replacement for the Garden, for Catherine. Unlike the Garden, the Banya reduces the cost of purchasing tiles with Gold by 15%. It also increases a city's Production by 5% for every worked Strategic Resource. However, it takes slightly longer to be constructed than the Garden, and it still can only be built in a city next to a River or Lake.

Just Napoleon and Dido haven't been; but the most serious of these was England's update. The full revised pack will be updated in time.

In Collaboration

Spoiler :

The Ayyubid Sultanate of Egypt - Saladin

Credits:

Pouakai - Author
JFD - Designwork, Text (Diplomacy), Coding
Leugi - Artwork (Leaderscene, Unit Flag Icon, Unit retexture)
Sukritact - Artwork (Leader Icon, Map, Unit Icon)
Irkalla - Artwork (Civ Icon)
Chris Sifniotis - City List, Text (Civilopedia)
Andrew Holt - Audio - DoM Speech
Peace Theme - David Christiansen Magic City
War Theme - Andreas Waldetoft Saladin Besieges Jerusalem

Includes internal support for: Gedemon's YnAEMP.

Spoiler :

The Imamate of Oman - Saif bin Sultan

Credits:

Pouakai - Author, Artwork (Civ Icon)
Janboruta - Artwork (Leaderscene, Unit Icon, Unit Flag Icon, Unit retexture)
Sukritact - Artwork (Leader Icon, Map, Building Icon)
JFD - Designwork, Text (Diplomacy, DoM), Coding
Viregel - Text (Civilopedia)
Tomatekh - Artwork - Civ Icon
Andrew Holt - Audio - DoM Speech
Peace Theme - David Christiansen Golden Shores
War Theme - Andreas Waldetoft Saladin Arrives at Jerusalem

Includes internal support for: Gedemon's YnAEMP.

Modders Notes

This will be anything that I think might be pertinent to other modders to keep compatibility with my civs in mind. At the moment, all I can think of is listing the City-States I have introduced, but please let me know if there is anything I do not cover.

City-States:

Andorra la Vella - Replaces Brussels for the Kingdom of Belgium.
Dorpat - Replaces Vilnius for the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
Karyes - Replaces Vatican City for the Papal States.
Lubeck - Replaces Bern for the Confederacy of Switzerland.
Lviv - Replaces Budapest for the Kingdom of Hungary.
Sarajevo - Replaces Geneva for the Confederation of Switzerland.
Tbilisi - Replaces Yerevan for the Kingdom of Armenia.
Vaduz - Replaces Antwerp for the Kingdom of Belgium.

The updated Ayyubids look really interesting! How do I get them: download or subscribe?

The updated Ayyubids look really interesting! How do I get them: download or subscribe?

Sssh. You'll get me in trouble! :p They will be released (by me, on the More Civs page) in the morning, when Pouakai returns to the living. I only put it up on the OP before release because I'm finicky.

Sssh. You'll get me in trouble! :p They will be released (by me, on the More Civs page) in the morning, when Pouakai returns to the living. I only put it up on the OP before release because I'm finicky.

Oh. Oops. What do you mean by "when Pouakai returns to the living;" wake up or return from hiatus?

Haha, I was wondering when that section would be put to use.

For the Banya, are you using <Building_ResourceYieldModifiers> ?* If so, you may want to make it clear that the building has to be constructed before a terrain improvement is made to the tile with the strategic resource. Otherwise no yield modification occurs. And also, the modification occurs only once per resource type. So, multiple tiles with iron around the same city only add the modification to food, gold, science, or production one time, regardless of how many copies of iron there are within the city's workable range or cultural borders.

* I haven't downloaded or looked at the revised Catherine as yet.

Looking at these credits, these mods are amazing collaborations.

I don't suppose you could list the music in your civs in the modders' notes? I know it's there already; though it would make it a lot more convenient to make sure the tracks don't overlap.

No problem; added.

The world ain't ready for that Oman civ you could easily get a battleship up to siege unit combat bonus or even 500 or1000 percent combat bonus vs city's :eek:

Top Bottom