JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Tryed the new Norway-mod, now including their famous longboat but with no real viking warrior like the socalled berserker. While the old birkebeiners were something like commando-vikings, this one is kind of a off-road swordsman:confused

I`m shure not easy to please on this:lol:

Edit: easy to fix this, just swapped creferences from "swordsman" to "Danish berserker"

Would it be safe to just pay with the lack-of-England bug I've mentioned earlier? Do you think anything can fix it?

It must be a mod conflict, but it's really difficult to say what could be causing it. But if there is a mod you're using that somehow changes England (other than the Victoria mod itself), then that'll likely be the culprit.

I'm having a weird bug where using your second Alternate Leaders pack disables scrolling through civs in the start-up menu. Like I can still pick them from the advanced options, but the main selection list where you'd see all the pictures and text is disabled from scrolling past the first four civs.

It must be a mod conflict, but it's really difficult to say what could be causing it. But if there is a mod you're using that somehow changes England (other than the Victoria mod itself), then that'll likely be the culprit.

Really? When I un-check Great Britain, it made England playable.

I'm having a weird bug where using your second Alternate Leaders pack disables scrolling through civs in the start-up menu. Like I can still pick them from the advanced options, but the main selection list where you'd see all the pictures and text is disabled from scrolling past the first four civs.

That occurs when a unique unit or building is missing - most likely deleted by another mod, but possibly an internal problem. I removed the links to the Alternate Leaders pack because they were difficult to support, so I couldn't be sure there wasn't something inherently wrong within them, rather than it being a mod conflict. If you can post your database.log file, I'll be able to see exactly what unit or building is being deleted and perhaps that'll help diagnose a solution.

How to enable logging:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482

Really? When I un-check Great Britain, it made England playable.

Well, yes. Because there is a conflict between Great Britain and another mod that most likely edits vanilla England.

Well, it only started happening recently, I believe on the 3rd. The other modded civs I use are Colonialist Legacies (minus Blackfoot), Tomatekh's civs, More Civs, your civs, and Hiram's civs.

EDIT: Since I don't find myself playing England on a regular basis, I don't think it's that serious to wait until a solution is found.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but is there a problem with your Papal States mod? All the technical things like UA, UU, UB work. The problem is that there's no art. As if the atlases are gone. Might be something wrong on my end.
Edit I looked up the actual are files to make steam didn't goof on Downloading and the atlases are there. They are just not being used.

Is Norway supposed to do this on TSL maps?
Spoiler :

In case the images don't show up normally, right-clicking seems to pull them up.

I feel bad now! I'll see what I can do to fit something to do with Fish in whilst I'm reconsidering Denmark; however, I stand firm against putting anything to do with Oil it - it simply goes against the design too much.

I'm sorry if I made you feel bad, that was really not the point of the comment. :blush:
But I am happy to say that the change you've done to Norway (+1 gold from fish) is quite satisfying, and I like that you've buffed Denmark again. Great job as always. :goodjob:

And I agree that putting oil in the Norway civ is really out of place (wow, that sounds weird out of context :lol:)

Just a question that passes through my head everytime I see norway's new colors, in where do/when did they use it in real life? The blue-yellow combinations feels more swedish than norwegian to me. I'm not complaining, only curious.

note: I do know many civs use non-historical color schemes, but JFD's norway used to be red-blue and that's why i'm asking. :p

Is Norway supposed to do this on TSL maps?
Spoiler :

In case the images don't show up normally, right-clicking seems to pull them up.

Yeah, that's their UA (do something like selecting your Settler to get the rest of the map to be visible - limitation with the game engine I guess). It's certainly something on an Earth map!

I'm sorry if I made you feel bad, that was really not the point of the comment. :blush:
But I am happy to say that the change you've done to Norway (+1 gold from fish) is quite satisfying, and I like that you've buffed Denmark again. Great job as always. :goodjob:

And I agree that putting oil in the Norway civ is really out of place (wow, that sounds weird out of context :lol:)

Well, it turns out it was something I needed anyway to do - so I'm glad you brought it up in a compelling manner :)

Just a question that passes through my head everytime I see norway's new colors, in where do/when did they use it in real life? The blue-yellow combinations feels more swedish than norwegian to me. I'm not complaining, only curious.

note: I do know many civs use non-historical color schemes, but JFD's norway used to be red-blue and that's why i'm asking. :p

The red-blue combination was awful to gaze upon, frankly. The most important thing is the Golden Lion, anyway.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but is there a problem with your Papal States mod? All the technical things like UA, UU, UB work. The problem is that there's no art. As if the atlases are gone. Might be something wrong on my end.
Edit I looked up the actual are files to make steam didn't goof on Downloading and the atlases are there. They are just not being used.

Yeah, I don't know. The Papal States is really old, but I don't know what's going on in there. I'm in the middle of their new update, so I don't really have an older version around to see what's up either.

That occurs when a unique unit or building is missing - most likely deleted by another mod, but possibly an internal problem. I removed the links to the Alternate Leaders pack because they were difficult to support, so I couldn't be sure there wasn't something inherently wrong within them, rather than it being a mod conflict. If you can post your database.log file, I'll be able to see exactly what unit or building is being deleted and perhaps that'll help diagnose a solution.

How to enable logging:

Does this mean that the alternate leaders need to be downloaded separately?

No worries, I just wanted to be sure. :)

How to enable logging:

It happens even if that mod alone and no others are enabled. But yes I shall poke at logging to see what is up, it seems like other people aren't having the problem so I have no idea.

E: It's a problem with Lincoln, both unit icons don't show up. Here's what I can gather is relevant from the database log:

Spoiler :

[618290.774] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618291.773] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618292.677] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618293.645] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618294.409] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618294.425] column Type is not unique
[618302.537] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[618302.552] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[618302.552] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_JFD_MONITOR_MELEE" does not exist in Units
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_JFD_PARROTT_RIFLE" does not exist in Units
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_JFD_MONITOR_RANGED" does not exist in Units
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitClassType - "UNITCLASS_JFD_MONITOR" does not exist in UnitClasses
[618306.499] Invalid Reference on Policies.Description - "write a bug on this" does not exist in Language_en_US
[618306.499] Invalid Reference on Policies.Description - "write a bug on this" does not exist in Language_en_US
[618310.773] Failure to check references for foreign key Units(PolicyType).
[618310.773] no such table: PolicyTypes
[618310.773] Failed Validation.
[618313.176]

In addition, an issue with the Soviet Unions related to city names, from what I can tell.

Spoiler :

[618310.773] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_LENIN_ARZAMAS-16) contains invalid character (-)
[618310.773] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_ALMA-ATA) contains invalid character (-)
[618310.773] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_ARZAMAS-16) contains invalid character (-)
[618310.836] Validating UnitGameplay2DScripts
[618310.836] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN
[618310.836] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[618310.836] Validation Took 8.348585 seconds
[618313.160] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[618313.160] **** Validation Success *****
[618313.176] SetGlobalActionInfo
[618313.176]

I know absolutely nothing of coding so make of this what you will.

It happens even if that mod alone and no others are enabled. But yes I shall poke at logging to see what is up, it seems like other people aren't having the problem so I have no idea.

E: It's a problem with Lincoln, both unit icons don't show up. Here's what I can gather is relevant from the database log:

Spoiler :

[618290.774] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618291.773] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618292.677] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618293.645] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618294.409] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[618302.537] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_JFD_MONITOR_MELEE" does not exist in Units
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_JFD_PARROTT_RIFLE" does not exist in Units
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_JFD_MONITOR_RANGED" does not exist in Units
[618304.783] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitClassType - "UNITCLASS_JFD_MONITOR" does not exist in UnitClasses
[618310.773] Failure to check references for foreign key Units(PolicyType).
[618310.773] no such table: PolicyTypes
[618310.773] Failed Validation.
[618313.176]

I can't imagine what would be causing that...

In addition, an issue with the Soviet Unions related to city names, from what I can tell.

Spoiler :

[618310.773] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_LENIN_ARZAMAS-16) contains invalid character (-)
[618310.773] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_ALMA-ATA) contains invalid character (-)
[618310.773] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_ARZAMAS-16) contains invalid character (-)
[618310.836] Validating UnitGameplay2DScripts
[618310.836] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN
[618310.836] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[618310.836] Validation Took 8.348585 seconds
[618313.160] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[618313.160] **** Validation Success *****
[618313.176] SetGlobalActionInfo
[618313.176]

I know absolutely nothing of coding so make of this what you will.

Whoops. Don't let Pouakai see that! I'll have those fixed in the next update.

So... what are you working on?

Give me an hour (or so) and you'll find out :p

Do you still pretend to work portugal? i think an expansion focused civ with Manuel I or João II would be the best. Im looking forward for more changes. The ones you have are really well reorked to fit historically and have an interesting innovative strategy :)

Top Bottom