1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Maklohi Vai

Maklohi Vai Warlord

I'm by no means an expert, but I don't imagine that there would be a unique name for "Admiral" or "Captain" in the Dano-Norwegian Navy besides the translations that one could easily obtain through Google Translate. A bit of digging has turned up that in the modern Danish Navy, the equivalent of Admiral at OF-9 is termed the Chief of Defense, but that's not a day to day position as I understand it. OF-7 is an active position, and is termed Kontreadmiral, the same as it is the modern Norwegian Navy. If you're looking for a special post to fit the role of a special unit, i.e. Great Admiral, I suppose the former would be more appropriate. What special traits have you come up with?

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yeah, found that out :)

Kontreadmiral should work fine; thanks. I understand it's not the highest rank, but Great Admiral has never been too explicit about hierarchy, just merit. And sprinkle in some artistic license and it's perfect.

I'm not in the business of revealing traits and effects before release, of course :)

3. jollysox

jollysox Chieftain

Hey JFD,

How close are you to rereleasing the Holy Roman Empire now that the Papal States are done? Will the UA be the same as before?

Love your mods and looking forward to creating a HRE vs. Papal States Domination game!

4. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

You should try releasing one-word teasers of traits. :p

"And a section from the trait of Denmark-Norway..."
    Spoiler :
    a

Seems JFD-esque enough.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

We'll have to both be patient on the matter. Janboruta has a slew of RL work to get done. But yes, the UA will go mostly unchanged (if not totally).

I resent that :p

6. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

Of course not. I feel stupid now! :blush:

7. Maklohi Vai

Maklohi Vai Warlord

Cool; happy to help.

Darn it. At least I gave it a shot. :D

8. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

Anatolia looks empty. Do you have plans for a Seljuk/Sultanate of Rum/Ilkhanate mod?

Or an Achaemenid/Sassanian/Parthian Persia split?

9. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I might have plans for a Seljuq Empire or Sultanate or Rum... Problem with the Empire is that it's essentially another Seleucid / Alexander / Persia for the most part, and isn't centered in Anatolia so much as the wider Middle East

10. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I can't wait for you guys to have more free time to work on this hyped stuff

11. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

I have subscribed to a number of these mods out of the workshop. For some reason, not all of them show up even though I have subscribed. Most do, so I am a little confused. Victoria, Churchill, Pius and Saladin do not appear. I do have Carthage, Lincoln, Fredrick, Louis, Hitler, the Picts and Norway in my list. Any ideas?

12. BttLsht

BttLsht King

Steam Workshop is wonky with files and it might not extract them at all, you will find a ZIP file either with the correct name or a spit of hexadecimals which you will have to extract yourself.

13. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

thank you very much!

14. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

And if you have win8 or win8.1 like I do you play hob trying to see where the 'packed' version of the mod went before steam / the game refused to unpack it and place it into your mods menu. I've given up looking anymore. I just go ask for a direct download link when steam is being bad that way.

I'm still not convinced there aren't file corruptions caused by the steam workshop system that occur when authors upload to steam, because there are about five custom civ mods that have never downloaded or updated properly for me. I always have to go to a direct download link to get an updated version. I had this sort of thing happen with one of my own mods. No one, and I mean no one was able to get an update to download and unpack properly. I re-uploaded to steam the exact same file from the modbuddy 'packages' sub-folder and all of a sudden there were no more problems.

Err...sorry to highjack JFD. My bad.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

When all else fails, direct downloads are available for all.

16. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Great! As you know, I definitely intend to use the Doppelsoldner for the HRE. And I'm sure Reichsritter will find some use out of the other two, given he is doing a more early-medieval HRE.

18. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I'm having an error with Dido that's keeping her from functioning. Edit: Ran it with just Dido's mod so the Lua will just have her error in it.

Attached Files:

• Lua.zip
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
  19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. Sgt.Roadkill

Sgt.Roadkill Chieftain

late reply i know.

but great to hear, there is a possibility at least! If you need any help with those early medieval factions backgrounds or ideas for units/buildings/traits gimmie a yell.