JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

D'oh. Forgot that another Japan would have to be an alternate civ. :crazyeye:
...But that raises an interesting point of discussion (while simultaneously moving the discussion away from controversy (Killing two stones with one bird!)) - I think this has been asked several times, I don't remember, but - are you planning to do any completely new civs, i.e. non-alternate, from outside of Europe?

I don't think so, no. I flirted with an interest in doing the Apache, but that didn't last long. I think I'll stick to my comfort zone - which does occasionally include the Middle-East (hence, my work on Oman and the Ayyubids), but I think the most significant states in the Middle-East are done, outside of splitting up Arabia.

Mohammad would be controversial because his being is of the utmost sanctity to Muslims. There is no equivalent in the modern world.

I wouldn't like to presume anything of such a sacred figure - diplomacy lines, DoM text, flavours, etc. Making any judgement of Mohammad's character by a non-Muslim is too sacrilegious for me. I can be extremely objective when it comes to the mods I make - Hitler, Stalin - and have even violated my own values in doing so - Lenin - but I'll have to draw the line at irreverence, and there seems too much a risk for irreverence in doing a Mohammad-led civ. Abu Bakr is probably the next best thing to what is wanted from a Mohammad-led civ.

You know what? I feel really bad for even having brought up the idea. Let's just assume I never said anything about it. Please.

You know what? I feel really bad for even having brought up the idea. Let's just assume I never said anything about it. Please.

Said anything about what? All I remember was a proposition for an Arabic split including the Umayyads, Fatimids, Abbasids and Rashidun :p

Wait, why on earth would you kill two stones? That seems like an incredibly mean thing to do.

(Also, JFD, I need to collaborate with you on Egypt for no better reason than forcing you to put it onto the map. :p)

Akhenaten? Sign me up! (If anyone wants to contribute art for the leader, please raise your hand...)

Wait, why on earth would you kill two stones? That seems like an incredibly mean thing to do.

(Also, JFD, I need to collaborate with you on Egypt for no better reason than forcing you to put it onto the map. :p)
I wondered who would notice that first. :lol:
Is this the same Egypt we were talking about using the Serapeum for or is that restricted to a Ptolemaic Kingdom?
(If anyone wants to contribute art for the leader, please raise your hand...)
*slowly puts hand out of sight, under desk*

Anyways; what are you working on now? (if you even are working on anything)

Right now, I'm trying to hone my map-making:

Spoiler :

Right now I'm working on Piety and Prestige, though; in Janboruta's - hopefully temporary - busy season.

Spoiler :

Right now I'm working on Piety and Prestige, though; in Janboruta's - hopefully temporary - busy season.
looks good! but can I do the map for Egypt. only reason being I want to put it on the map of civs i have collaborated on.

I was thinking more Muhammad Ali, but oh well. :p Do you actually want to collaborate on it then? (Remember, the point here is not another civ, but an addition to the map.)

Ah, well, let's collaborate on Muhammad Ali, and I'll do Akhenaten myself - I've always wanted to cram as much of my old Age of Mythology mod into a civ.

I wondered who would notice that first. :lol:
Is this the same Egypt we were talking about using the Serapeum for or is that restricted to a Ptolemaic Kingdom?

Akhenaten would be too ancient and mystical for the Serapeum, I think.

looks good! but can I do the map for Egypt. only reason being I want to put it on the map of civs i have collaborated on.

I'll have to think about it! Doing maps is sort of fun... :p

Spoiler :

That's looking very good!

That's the one mod I'm looking the most forward to; even more than the decisions mod (waaaa? :eek:). I especially love the religious institutions; in particular the Mandate of Heaven, Caliphate and Papacy, not in any particular order.

Ah, well, let's collaborate on Muhammad Ali, and I'll do Akhenaten myself - I've always wanted to cram as much of my old Age of Mythology mod into a civ.

Akhenaten: May switch the current pantheon to a more powerful one, giving him some piety and increasing unhappiness from population by 25 %

:p

I also think Hatshepsut would be a better alternative than Akhenaten.

I think that's JFD's decision to make though. Maybe it'll make the population of his thread a bit unhappy - but at least he gets a decent amount of culture out of it.
(itsnotreallyafunnyjokeiknow)

Aw got late to the party, I want to help too! :run:

I can do well, any part of the art no one has taken yet.

Top Bottom