JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Aw got late to the party, I want to help too! :run:

I can do well, any part of the art no one has taken yet.

all art for Egypt Eyalet is taken, except the leaderscene, but oh well, I plan to make my first leaderscene with a tablet, so maybe that too.

Hi,

I just created an account so I can write to you about the bugs that I'm experiencing when I play with your version of Napoleon. When it comes to the point of actually using Napoleon's special units, the units graphics just completely mess up and the entire game freezes. I try reloading previously saved games, but whenever there is in the game any of Napoleon's special units, the game just completely freezes.

Please figure out a way how to fix this asap, the units' graphics need to be fixed and maybe some other issue that leads to game being corrupted. It's really annoying having to play half way through the game and then find out that you just can't play any more.

I think your version of Napoleon is superb! But please fix it.

Cheers

JFD: It's a shame that all three of the mainland Scandinavian civs (counting your very well-done Norway) are Christian by default. Making Gustavus Adolphus' Sweden a Protestant nation is logical enough, considering Gus' motives in the Thirty Years' War. But when most people think of early Scandinavian history, they also think of the earlier religion; is there any chance that your "revised" Denmark will have a pagan leader with preferences to match?

Hi JFD.

A month ago (or more than a month) I suggested you to do Egypt with Khufu as their leader, and you said that maybe tou'll do him. Is it still relevant? Will you do him after you'll do Akhenaten? Sorry if the answer is in previous pages, I didn't follow the forum some days...

JFD: It's a shame that all three of the mainland Scandinavian civs (counting your very well-done Norway) are Christian by default. Making Gustavus Adolphus' Sweden a Protestant nation is logical enough, considering Gus' motives in the Thirty Years' War. But when most people think of early Scandinavian history, they also think of the earlier religion; is there any chance that your "revised" Denmark will have a pagan leader with preferences to match?

Isnorden I think CL are planning on making Erik the Red in some point of the future after they finish revising the existing civs they made.

That actually may happen sooner than you expect ;)

Right now, I'm trying to hone my map-making:

Spoiler :

Right now I'm working on Piety and Prestige, though; in Janboruta's - hopefully temporary - busy season.

It looks fantastic as always, great to see you're working on England! :goodjob:

Yeah, Hatshepsut is #1 on my priority list for alternate Egypt leaders. People always point to Cleopatra but I don't think she'd be a good choice of leader.

...despite my icon still being her. Laziness. :o

Isnorden I think CL are planning on making Erik the Red in some point of the future after they finish revising the existing civs they made.

Please excuse my cluelessness, but who are CL -- forum regulars or staff at Firaxis? :blush:

I'd like to see Egypt under Tutankhamun. It'd be cool to have a child leader!

This would be bad because Tutankhamon was not that of a charismatic ruller... If we consider an ancient egyypt with another leader, I suggest Akenathon (Or Akhenamon, whatever), even if he was not that well seen by the follower pharaos. He implemented a "monotheistic" imperialistic religion in Egypt and developed the country a lot. Great leader IMO. A industrialist civilization focused on a strong control by the capital would be the best reflex of Akenathon/Akhenamon.

I visit this forum every day to seethe new developments. The art and the Mechanics of civs are some of the best I've seen arround. If I may may contribute with some ideas... :)
I tried to understand the design philosophy of this team and I think I found something suitable. Still, I dunno if they can be done. They are ideas. Keep the good work!

The Goths
Alaric
Invasions of Gutans - Choose a unique bonus at the begining of Ancient, Classical and Medieval eras. These bonuses accomulate.
Gadraught - rep. longswordsman and is available at metal casting. Heals completely after pillaging. Weaker in friendly territory.
Hov - Replaces shrine. +1:c5faith: and 10 xp. for units.

Spoiler :

Ancient Bonus:
Gothic Migrations - Melee and Archery units may use enemy roads.
Barbarian Heritage - Melee and Archery units may move after pillaging.

Classical Bonus:
Heirs of Rome - Upon conquering an enemy city keep a unique building (or a random building if city has none). This building has double maintenance cost.
Sackers of Rome - Conquering an enemy :c5capital: capital triggers a long golden age. This bonus decreases the more capitals you have conquered.

Medieval Bonus:
Visigothic Kingdom - Declare :c5war: war to an enemy that does not follow your relligion provides a Gadraught in your non-puppet cities. Each of these units provides 1 unhappiness.
Ostrogothic Kingdom - +20% :c5strength: strenght to cities connected by road to your capital. Loosing one of these cities increases the unhappiness by 5

Spoiler :
There are many ideas that I dont even know if are possible. This was supposed to recreate the division of the gothic peoples on Visigoths and Ostrogoths. I don't know much about modding but I think this or something simmilar might be a challenge... if you like challenges

Portugal
João II
Through seas never sailed before - Sea trade rotes generate +50% :c5gold: from resource diversity to civilizations and double gold to city states with a feitoria. Medieval and renaissance naval unis begin with +1 sight.
Nau - (Equal to the current one BUT) generates more gold and does not recieves experience by selling exotic goods next to a feitoria.
Feitoria - May only be built in a coastal tile next to a city-state or to a portuguese city. While in forign teritory, it provides a copy of a luxury resource produced by the city, but the copy can not be traded away. This improvement still provides +50% strenght for units standing on it and +15% :c5strength: to adjacent friendly naval units.

Spoiler :

I know you are not considering Portugal, but Maria I is not that of a good leader... And something more related to expansion than to commerce would be good to the portuguese civ. Manuel I would also be a suitable leader. To change from Civ IV. Please do not use Henry the Navigator...

United Kingdom of Portugal
Maria I
The Fifth Empire - Starting the medieval era Wine and Sugar resources provide double quantity and generate a gold basis on international trade rotes. Academies provide double science and landmarks double culture during golden ages. May reallocate the capital once in a game, starting a :c5goldenage: golden age by doing so.
Cassador - Replaces riffleman. Weaker than that unit, with only 28 :c5strength:, the cassador recieves a bonus of +100% strenght on a fort or fortlike improvement and has +33% strenght against melee units.
Linhas de Torres - Unique Improvement that can only be built within two tiles of your capital or of another equal improvement. It provides +100% strenght to units standing on it but enemy units may use it as well.

Spoiler :

Explaing the ability:
the resources generate gold in INTERNATIONAL trade rotes as shown by the table:

Medieval Era: 1 :c5gold: for each Wine you pocssess; 0 :c5gold: for each Sugar you possess.
Renaissance: 2 :c5gold: from wine; 1 :c5gold: from sugar
Industrial: Wine 3:c5gold:; Sugar 2:c5gold:
Modern: Wine 4:c5gold:; Sugar 3:c5gold:
Atomic: Wine 5:c5gold:; Sugar 4 :c5gold:
Information: Wine 6:c5gold:; Sugar 5:c5gold:

Spoiler :

It was never your decision to erradicate a leader from civ, just changing its abilites, providing space to another. As though I have thought on a second portuguese empire to place Maria I. It should have been United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves but the name was too long... It is focused on defense (Napoleonic wars, specially the reallocation fot he capital, something that ultimately gave independence to Brasil and still forged strong bounds between portugal and brazil) but still provides space to the development of science and culture (to fit the development of academies in Portugal by Maria I).

Brazil
Pedro II
Carnival - (Equal)
Bandeirante - Brazilian replacement for the Musketman, has double movement but may not attack outside Brazilian borders. May construct Brazilwood camps and Plantations and may found a city by spending gold, increasing this way the golden age points. It also generates G.A. points while garissoned in a city founded this way. Upgrades to Great War Infantry.
Brazilwood camp - (Equal)

Spoiler :

Explaining the gold:
1st city founded by bandeirantes costs 100:c5gold:
2nd city 200 :c5gold:
3rd city 400 :c5gold:
4th city 800 :c5gold:
5th city 1600 :c5gold:

The G.A points are equal to the tourism that city generates + 2.

The unit is consumed when founding a city of course...

Spoiler :

The brazilian UU should work towards G.A., like the pracinhas, but also towards a post-medieval exploration and development. I think the bandeirante is an easy way to create this. This small change would work like the new Danish UU.

Hum... Rifleman is too late for Bandeirantes I'd say, if anything they should be a replacement for Scouts or something like that, maybe settlers. Fatherland Volunteers are always a good option for Rifleman replacement for Brazil of course, but then none of the bonuses you proposed would make sense for them.

Aw got late to the party, I want to help too! :run:

I can do well, any part of the art no one has taken yet.

Well, if you ever felt the urge to do an Akhenaten leaderscene... :mischief: (might be a bit difficult, I understand)

Hi,

I just created an account so I can write to you about the bugs that I'm experiencing when I play with your version of Napoleon. When it comes to the point of actually using Napoleon's special units, the units graphics just completely mess up and the entire game freezes. I try reloading previously saved games, but whenever there is in the game any of Napoleon's special units, the game just completely freezes.

Please figure out a way how to fix this asap, the units' graphics need to be fixed and maybe some other issue that leads to game being corrupted. It's really annoying having to play half way through the game and then find out that you just can't play any more.

I think your version of Napoleon is superb! But please fix it.

Cheers

Out of the ~9000 subscribers, you're the only one to describe such an issue, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to assume it's more on your end, than mine.

A shame, perhaps, but accurate. In compensation, though, I offer Lithuania - a civ completely devoted to paganism :D

Hi JFD.

A month ago (or more than a month) I suggested you to do Egypt with Khufu as their leader, and you said that maybe tou'll do him. Is it still relevant? Will you do him after you'll do Akhenaten? Sorry if the answer is in previous pages, I didn't follow the forum some days...

Probably not, I'm afraid. I'm not really interested in alternatives Egypts so much as in Akhenaten, and my hands are tied to what art I can scrounge, and there's only enough lying about for one alternate Egypt (well, maybe two, but I'm not sure how much Khufu warrants the Nilometer).

It looks fantastic as always, great to see you're working on England! :goodjob:

This was my first map, so if you mistook it for a work of Jan's... then it's an insult (to him) :lol: But I get the point; thanks :)

Please excuse my cluelessness, but who are CL -- forum regulars or staff at Firaxis? :blush:

:king:

I visit this forum every day to seethe new developments. The art and the Mechanics of civs are some of the best I've seen arround. If I may may contribute with some ideas... :)
I tried to understand the design philosophy of this team and I think I found something suitable. Still, I dunno if they can be done. They are ideas. Keep the good work!

Tomatekh has an excellent Gothic civ (and a UA called "Successors to Rome" feels very wrong :lol:)

A Portugal split is something I would consider, in the future, pending art and time. But don't worry, I wouldn't have Henry the Navigator - likely, it would be Manuel I.

These are interesting ideas, and I'll certainly keep them in mind should I do a Portuguese alternative in the future.

Well, I couldn't tell the difference between your artwork and Jan's, so that shows that it's a sterling first attempt! :D The only things I could really say could be improved is that Welsh Kingdoms is "Welsh Kngdms" or something similar to that and by 899, Cornwall was firmly under English control. Great work is all I can say though, hope to doom see the final product.

Top Bottom