1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

It's ok. Sometime I can't seem to get the right feeling of a leader easily

BTW: In fact, I also must say I really like TP's Lenin background; so ser TP, do you think you could grant me the base file of your leaderscene? I'd only try some few tweaks (mostly so Lenin doesn't look so photographic) so it would still be yours mostly.

2. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

Does JFD's HRE plan on changing existing civs?

3. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Hmm... I don't have that anymore. I don't really have a standard template, since I make everything from scratch. Lenin however was taken from a figurine and a nice wallpaper of the Kremlin.

Spoiler :

and

4. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

Really excited to try that mod with your civs. Any shot that you would be adding Prussia and Lincoln's USA to that list soon?

5. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

The only thing that really bothers me is Lenin's face. If it was a bit more colourful, then he would be ready to go. It should be easy enough to do, just add red. :D

6. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

JFD, even with the update to Churchill my game still crashes after the opening cinema tics.

EDIT: Stalin crashes too. :confused::sad:

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Austria and Venice.

Probably not until my break begins at the end of next week. Although I was in the middle of Lincoln's decisions; I just need one decision to replace the one I moved from Washington to Lincoln (Emancipation Proclamation).

Opening cinematic? That's before mods are even enabled...

8. Bergerperson

I know it's strange. The game crashes when I get the first loading screen with a splash image of one of the Brave New World pictures. Is there something in the mod files that would do this? And it also seems to be those two because I'm using your Lincoln, Victoria, Hitler, Bismark, etc... mods without problem or crashes.

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

10. Bergerperson

I already tried the deleting the cache thing, didn't work, and I use the Mac AppStore version of Civilization 5, not the Steam.

11. awakening

awakening Chieftain

Can you make Seljuq dynasty?I have couple ideas,their leader is Alp Arslan,their UB is Madrasah,replaces university but costs a bit more to build,comes with %10 more faith and instead of jungle it gives +2 science per desert and their UA,their caravans can't be destroyed by barbarians or enemy players but it costs let's say %25 more to build and their unique tile improvement is iqta,you can only build it near water source(lake,river) and it covers 1 land unit's upkeep.

12. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

JFD hasn't been known to accept civ requests so this would probably fit better in the civ request thread. He's also stated many times something along the lines that his interest doesn't extend very far beyond monarchial Europe. You might consider checking out DJSHenniger's Seljuqs, though.

13. awakening

awakening Chieftain

Thanks,I'll post it there.
    Edit:Btw how can I install these mods?Where do I paste these files?

14. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

The Belgian decision to Create the Force Publique is too costly IMO. You use TWO Magistrates to get just +1 gold on plantations, when gold, like happiness, should be what you least worry about, as the UA gives you so many resources you'll practically be a Belgian Scrooge McDuck. I instead think the decision should add +1 Production to plantations, as that is both powerful and was a part of the Belgian UA in Scramble for Africa.

I also recently discovered Belgium has a spy named Tintin. Just bloody brilliant. :goodjob:

15. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

Actually, continuing my Decision balance feedback, here's my view on the rest of them:

Great Britain:
    These are well balanced

Khazaria:
    Consolidate the Khaganate is great, but Encourage the Isinglass Trade seems too underpowered, as just one trade route does not really make that much difference.

Switzerland:
    Fund Foreign Researchers seems a bit overpowered... or maybe not, as Switzerland is supposed to stay neutral.

Norway:
    I. LOVE. THESE. DECISIONS! They're both great and balanced, and so friggin powerful! I also like that you're referencing the persecution of the followers of old Norse religion, or is it a reference to the Sámi?

United Kingdom:
    Adress the British Nation is too overpowered. +25 % combat strength? Really? That's as much as Clausewitz's Legacy! Perhaps making it less strength or cost additional magistrates, or maybe making it impossible before the industrial/modern era.

The Third Reich:
    Create the Luftwaffe seems a tiny bit underpowered, maybe 20 exp?

Carthage:
    Consult the Tribunal of a Hundred and Four might be underpowered, as the results are not necessarily that effective... although maybe I'm just not used enough to warmongering in civ.

Papal State:
    You said it yourself; these are too costly.

16. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Warmonger here, it might be "powerful" when combined with the Sophet natural bonuses: you can reach units far away to apply the regen bonus from the sophet, and you can move him through your whole army without worring about filthy Romans enemy units blocking the way. However I think it's still weak when compared with some other decisions (The Opness and Upness of them vary so much I dont even know), some free units could help.

17. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

So, JFD'ers... I think this might be useful for you guys.

Its an addon by mscibor for "Really Advanced Setup" that allows you to manually establish "Civilization Groups", so to prevent more than one (or more, one can also establish the number) civ from a Group appearing in game... So, you can, say, group both Frances or all Russias in one group to make sure your game isn't overrun with only Russia. One can even combine groups it seems.

18. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

Considering what you cover in your mods, JFD, do you play a lot of Paradox Plaza games?

19. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Made a little fix for Hitler's face since everyone on Steam seems to hate him :p (I see why, the face did have lots of issues)

20. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

You know... I'd been more worried if everyone on Steam loved him.