JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Playing as Lincoln. Only mods are infoaddict, and every JFD Civ, plus leader changes.

His info says that Gold buildings are automatically constructed. This isn't happening for me at all. Can someone give some more detail on what exactly should be happening?

Thanks.

Also, I'd like to request a civilization.

Name: Revolutionary Catalonia (Alternative name: CNT-FAI Anarchists)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Catalonia

Leader: Buenaventura Durruti
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenaventura_Durruti

It would be best if the civilization offered no control over any cities buildings outside of your capitol. So every city built would be a puppet in function.

This is to indicate that the central government has no control of individual entities (Anarchism). Assumption is you would hold enough sway over your main city to still decide what is built. Worker self management would control the other cities

Possible abilities -
Free units if declared war on (to indicate people defending the cities), but with no experience to start (to indicate lack of training)
Production of buildings boost due to free working conditions.

People fought from other countries for Spain, so maybe improved City State things. Maybe units from military city states.

All the specialized weapons they had were bought from other countries. They also took anything during battles, like tanks. Could have a chance to take the unit over when defeated.

Lots of fun ideas here... I understand it would be a difficult civ to do, but it would be absolutely amazing to play.

One neat idea would be choosing to remove city population from cities and turning them into a special unit. With the option of removing them to send them back to work the cities. That's a neat idea.

Playing as Lincoln. Only mods are infoaddict, and every JFD Civ, plus leader changes.

His info says that Gold buildings are automatically constructed. This isn't happening for me at all. Can someone give some more detail on what exactly should be happening?

Thanks.

By automatically constructed I mean to say that these buildings are produced automatically; so your production per turn goes toward them as if you were building them, even when you're not. You can see that this is the case by hovering over the production progress. Of course, when I come to update Lincoln, I'll double-check to confirm that it's still working :)

Also, I'd like to request a civilization.

Name: Revolutionary Catalonia (Alternative name: CNT-FAI Anarchists)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Catalonia

Leader: Buenaventura Durruti
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenaventura_Durruti

It would be best if the civilization offered no control over any cities buildings outside of your capitol. So every city built would be a puppet in function.

This is to indicate that the central government has no control of individual entities (Anarchism). Assumption is you would hold enough sway over your main city to still decide what is built. Worker self management would control the other cities

Possible abilities -
Free units if declared war on (to indicate people defending the cities), but with no experience to start (to indicate lack of training)
Production of buildings boost due to free working conditions.

Can't declare war on other civilizations

People fought from other countries for Spain, so maybe improved City State things. Maybe units from military city states.

All the specialized weapons they had were bought from other countries. They also took anything during battles, like tanks. Could have a chance to take the unit over when defeated.

Lots of fun ideas here... I understand it would be a difficult civ to do, but it would be absolutely amazing to play.

One neat idea would be choosing to remove city population from cities and turning them into a special unit. With the option of removing them to send them back to work the cities. That's a neat idea.

You must be new here :lol:

By automatically constructed I mean to say that these buildings are produced automatically; so your production per turn goes toward them as if you were building them, even when you're not. You can see that this is the case by hovering over the production progress. Of course, when I come to update Lincoln, I'll double-check to confirm that it's still working :)

You must be new here :lol:

Not new, but understand if that's not interesting to you. I used to do AI mods for Civ 4, and worked on FFH.

I'll check, but I didn't build markets at all, and didn't have them at Scientific Theory.

Not new, but understand if that's not interesting to you. I used to do AI mods for Civ 4, and worked on FFH.

I'll check, but I didn't build markets at all, and didn't have them at Scientific Theory.

New to my thread, at least :) I rarely take requests. And I'm very much the wrong person to ask to do an anarchist mod - my Lenin mod is an isolated case of such fervent anti-Monarchism outside of some cohesive theme (like the WW2 civs). The concepts are certainly interesting, but there's only so much concession I can make as to my political orientations.

New to my thread, at least :) I rarely take requests. And I'm very much the wrong person to ask to do an anarchist mod - my Lenin mod is an isolated case of such fervent anti-Monarchism outside of some cohesive theme (like the WW2 civs). The concepts are certainly interesting, but there's only so much concession I can make as to my political orientations.

Understood, I asked because after consideration I preferred your civilizations to the others I had seen, so it felt best to request from the one I thought did a fantastic job.

Honestly though, if I want it I should probably just create it. I haven't done modding in Civ 5, and if I wanted to start that's one way to do it.

Best,
notque

No pressure, but I've done all I can do for the time being

Alright then, would it be possible to have a sneak peak of the work you've already managed to get done? :3

Alright then, would it be possible to have a sneak peak of the work you've already managed to get done? :3

What Regalman said :)

Is there any way to make your civs compatible with Framedarchitecture's Accurate Europe?

As the civs on that map are pre-placed, you'll have to speak with him about custom civ compatibility.

Prussia updated:

• Added Events and Decisions support, thanks to Janboruta who provided valuable suggestions
  • Added updated alpha icon, so that it matches the Firaxis standard better
  • Amended the UA text slightly
  • Code optimisation so that Lua does not fire without Prussia in-game

The Kingdom of Prussia - Frederick the Great (BNW) Download Subscribe

Spoiler :

Frederick - Prussia
Konigsberg

Credits

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

Thanks for your updated. :thanx:
Prussia is one of my favourite civ you have made( the other one is Peter's Russia) .

Oh yes, and I should probably mention that the All-German Crown event will fire for any of the following civs: Germany, Austria, Prussia, *censored*, and Viregel's Kaiser Wilhelm's Germany.

What a cool event!!:crazyeye: why not add Viregel's Austro-hungary and your HRE civ too?

And I found this in the lua file:
Code:
local Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown = {}
	Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown.Name = "TXT_KEY_EVENT_JFD_PRUSSIA_ALLGERMAN_CROWN"
	Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown.Desc = "TXT_KEY_EVENT_JFD_PRUSSIA_ALLGERMAN_CROWN_DESC"
	Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown.tValidCivs = 
		{
		["CIVILIZATION_JFD_PRUSSIA"]			= true,
		[B]["CIVILIZATION_JFD_BAVARIA"]			= true,[/B]
		["CIVILIZATION_GERMANY"]				= true,
		["CIVILIZATION_AUSTRIA"]				= true,
		["CIVILIZATION_GREATEREUROPE_GERMANY"]	= true,

Is this mean that you will make a Bavaria civ???? That's crazy!!! I'm so happy to see that, more German states' civilizations!:crazyeye:

What a cool event!!:crazyeye: why not add Viregel's Austro-hungary and your HRE civ too?

And I found this in the lua file:
Code:
local Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown = {}
	Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown.Name = "TXT_KEY_EVENT_JFD_PRUSSIA_ALLGERMAN_CROWN"
	Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown.Desc = "TXT_KEY_EVENT_JFD_PRUSSIA_ALLGERMAN_CROWN_DESC"
	Event_JFDPrussiaAllGermanCrown.tValidCivs = 
		{
		["CIVILIZATION_JFD_PRUSSIA"]			= true,
		[B]["CIVILIZATION_JFD_BAVARIA"]			= true,[/B]
		["CIVILIZATION_GERMANY"]				= true,
		["CIVILIZATION_AUSTRIA"]				= true,
		["CIVILIZATION_GREATEREUROPE_GERMANY"]	= true,

Is this mean that you will make a Bavaria civ???? That's crazy!!! I'm so happy to see that, more German states' civilizations!:crazyeye:

Crazy? You mean... like Ludwig II...? :p

Janboruta suggested not to include Austria-Hungary, and including Holy Rome feels awkward, but I could reconcile that feeling and include them anyway.

Crazy? You mean... like Ludwig II...? :p

Janboruta suggested not to include Austria-Hungary, and including Holy Rome feels awkward, but I could reconcile that feeling and include them anyway.

More seriously, will you really make the Bavarian civ? If yes, is there any information about the Leader and the UA/B/U?
And is this event work if I also use your Revised Austria, Revised germany or the Bismarck's germany in the Hitler's pack ?

Sorry, PSA: To actually use the new events you'll have to update your version of the Events and Decisions mod first. Otherwise they won't work properly.

I download the E&D form this thread, is it the latest version?

And is this event work if I also use your Revised Austria, Revised germany or the Bismarck's germany in the Hitler's pack ?

Yes, the event will work for them - although I have to quickly update it to accommodate the revised Austria. Thanks for reminding me :)

JFD, I think you should change the UA of the Japan(Tojo).You need very specific circumstances to benefit from it.
Oh, and why there is no link to download the Picts?
And i think Churchill's UA is too specific as well.

(...) This is to indicate that the central government has no control of individual entities (Anarchism). (...)

Yeah... That is not the deffinition of Anarchism.

I shure like the speculation about new civs in this mod. JFD has a lot to work as the team constructs civs from many different variants (alternative leaders, civs, new civs, from different regions and so on). Your versatility makes this htread one of the closest (to me), to the speculation threads that appeared right before BNW. That's why I come here every day :lol:

Top Bottom