1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. OrderofOlav

OrderofOlav King of Procrastination

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Which I find amusing, seeing as my civs are almost all exclusively European :lol: Still, that is a wide margin, and, as you say, they could be alternate leaders, revised civs, or new civs.

Austria should (but I'll double-check that it's working). I do need to fix England, though.

All of my UAs are generally very directive; affording bonuses only if you pursue specific mechanics. I like it that way. Without a directive in the civ that I'm playing, I find the game too chaotic, and I'm unable to enjoy it when there are too many decisions to be made (I'm, thereby, more of a casual gamer). Tojo will need some adjusting, but this will be more as a buff.

The Picts is mostly Viregel's project; he doesn't have a direct download, so you'll have to pester him if you want one :)

3. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Don't forget about the fixed alpha icons for them. [aesthetics nazi] ;)

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Whilst you're right about the effect not stacking for the same resource, it works regardless of when the resource is improved, as far as my testing proves.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I had, but I've made a note of it now :)

Peter the Great updated:

• Added Events and Decisions support*|***
    • Renamed the Streltsy to the Preobrazhensky Guard**
    • Code optimisation
    • Added Catherine's unique city-list by TheLohoped
    • Re-created Peter's atlas so that there will be absolutely no conflict with Nicholas anymore
    • Added Map Labels support (this was added for Prussia and Nicholas, too, but I forgot to mention)
    • Catherine's Banya now increases city production by 10% for every different type of strategic resource, seeing as the original design did not work (thanks to LeeS for pointing this out). The revised edition of Catherine has been updated accordingly.

*Catherine's Streltsy decision replaced with the Establishment of the Smolny Institute.
    **Keep in mind that this unit will be restored to being the Streltsy when I do the Muscovy civ, but was changed now to temper complaints over the use of the Streltsy.
    ***Peter's Beard Tax decision is temporary, and will be replaced with the Institution of the Preobrazhensky Regiment when Ivan gets the Streltsy.

Peter the Great - Russia (BNW) Download Subscribe

Spoiler :

Peter I - Russia
    St. Petersburg
    Catherine - Russia
    St. Petersburg
    Credits

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:
    Spoiler :

6. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

How can you possibly commit such a terrible crime as to make this decision only temporary? :lol:

Anyways, Decision support for Italy and France better be up soon, or heads will roll! :hammer:

viva la France

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Okay, cool, that gives me a direction. I'll work on Italy next then.

8. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

It's just for a personal project (Scenario) in which I have implemented Decisions. :) Napoleon and Mussolini are the only ones which are unsupported.

9. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

But there is a direct download for the Picts! Here, for those of you interested. (JFD should probably add it as well, but I can't blame him. :p)

10. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Peter's direct download link is broken.

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I hate to be a pest, but could I recommend changing the name of the save file? Both Peter and Nicholas are called "JFD's The Russian Empire" just with different version numbers (I think Peter is currently v2 and Nicholas is v3.

The same is almost true for the US ones, except Lincoln is "JFD's The United States of America" while Roosevelt is the subtly different "JFD's the United States of America" again with different version numbers.

13. BttLsht

BttLsht King

Tsardom for one of them?

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Neither were Tsardoms.

The American difference is accidental. I'll make some changes.

EDIT: Done, for the Russian civs. I'll change the American ones when I update them fully.

15. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

Just finished two games, Roosevelt and Tojo.

Kinda fell in love with Roosevelt. Like really, really, really in love.
    There's far too few industrial/financial specialized civs out there and he perfectly fits my preferences. With that little military kick on the factories.
    Yet i hate to admit, his UA is too strong. It happened several times to me, that i spawned 2-4 GE at once, having about 8 or 10 cities in total (some of them conquered). This alone is not a problem, considering it's just bound to happen with a flat bonus for all cities.
    Still, by ~1900 i had 20+ manufactories and other GP improvements in my territory, going so far as that i started using them as "mine-replacer" on a regular basis.
    I would advice lowering the amounts of the UA by 10-20%, for both, the GE as well as the production hurry bonus.
    Ofc, this is just my opinion.

As promised, i tried Tojo for another round.
    I stay with my first impression, that he's to weak right now. While the Yamato IS a real killer, the rest of the game feels a bit like a 'blank civ' ( =not much fun :( ) until you hit modern era. Besides the 'unhappiness-in-conquered-cities'-thing, have you considered giving him a more 'general' bonus in addition?
    Throwing in more ideas: Sth. like Harbors/Seaports give more XP to units produced or expanding the 'siege navy'-factor to all of his ranged ships (possibly not so good, as it would obsolete the Yamato).
    I'm thinking of sth the way it was done with the japan buff, when they got their culture on fishing boats added.

I'm still fascinated by Tojo/Japan. Just feeling like something is missing.

(Played on king and emperor.)

16. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Way-back machine comment :)

But....hmmmm...I just re-tested and found it to only work the way I described. I did not use IGE or any lua method to Djinn up the building or the improvement, so I'm not sure what's different between the way we are testing for this. :confused:

Though I'll double-double-check before I pester more on this subject on your thread.

17. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

I must have missed the previous mentions of Ivan, because I caught that in the update description and got super excited. Can't wait to see what you do with him!

18. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

Any news on Lincoln and if his effects work re:markets? Doesn't have to be from mod creator, if anyone else wants to try him. Just want to know if it's just me.

19. Chrisbburn

Chrisbburn Chieftain

Lincoln works fine for me get the messages and the markets are built alongside. If remember right you have to just finished them of with 1 turn of production.

20. BttLsht

BttLsht King

Wasn't it a Tsardom until Peter came to reign? but seeing you are planning on Ivan the Terrible you will probably reserve it to him which may I ask will the Oprichniki be a unit or part of his UA?