JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

So the Netherlands are truly to be on the Revised civs mod, right? Good, their current one is woefully insufficient and kind of...undersells everything. Personally my idea for a UA is along the lines of 'cities can be founded only 2 tiles apart, and can also share worked tiles' - entailing that, say, if Rotterdam and Amsterdam have a series of Polders in both of their working radii, both cities can work those tiles at the same time instead of having to swap which city has what. Very much a mechanic promoting the extremely efficient and organized usage of land in the country along with the very high population density despite still maintaining extensive agriculture. Definitely means that you can get a lot of mileage out of much smaller land area, very fitting for how the Netherlands has continually been a pretty competitive European force despite being a fraction of the size of its neighbors.
Being from the Netherlands myself, I like this idea very much.

It's much better than the garbage ability they have now. Seriously, I don't think there's any official civ with a worse ability than the Netherlands.

Founding cities close could be doable with Dummy Builds (giving the settler an improvement called Found City)... Not sure if the AI would handle it well though

Sharing worked tiles though... that one's not really doable.

Might seem like a stupid question, but do any of your civs support Historical Spawn dates?

EDIT: Actually, that is a stupid question. But is there any reason they don't?

I don't use it, and I was having some trouble adding support, and I wasn't aware of any interest. Maybe I will, I don't know.

So the Netherlands are truly to be on the Revised civs mod, right? Good, their current one is woefully insufficient and kind of...undersells everything. Personally my idea for a UA is along the lines of 'cities can be founded only 2 tiles apart, and can also share worked tiles' - entailing that, say, if Rotterdam and Amsterdam have a series of Polders in both of their working radii, both cities can work those tiles at the same time instead of having to swap which city has what. Very much a mechanic promoting the extremely efficient and organized usage of land in the country along with the very high population density despite still maintaining extensive agriculture. Definitely means that you can get a lot of mileage out of much smaller land area, very fitting for how the Netherlands has continually been a pretty competitive European force despite being a fraction of the size of its neighbors.

Yes, but this is intended to be primarily through the Exploration Continued Expanded mod.

Also, + 50% Sea Trade Route length would be great for The Netherlands. Perhaps tulips could be a unique luxury resource.

I have an idea for a revised Byzantium. When selecting your bonus belief you should be able to choose from the pantheon beliefs or even from the Reformation beliefs. This is feel will make the Byzantium a very versatile civ. In addition you can increase the defense of a city by its faith output.

I have an idea for a revised Byzantium. When selecting your bonus belief you should be able to choose from the pantheon beliefs or even from the Reformation beliefs. This is feel will make the Byzantium a very versatile civ. In addition you can increase the defense of a city by its faith output.
Isn't the former already true?

A revised Dutch civ would be interesting! I don't like their current trait either.

I don't use it, and I was having some trouble adding support, and I wasn't aware of any interest. Maybe I will, I don't know.

I'm going to try and see if I can add support manually (in the mod itself, rather than in one of yours).

yes you are right. :D i guess i haven't played the Byzantines in a very long time. i'm guessing it was a fall patch change to be able to pick another pantheon. but it would be cool if you could choose another reformation belief

Hah same problem that NN23 mentions:
Spoiler :

Lol. For the glasses, you'll have to uninstall TPangolin. For the TXT_KEY error, check your Database.log. There'll be something in there about "tag is not unique," so let me know what that says specifically. There is no conflict between Hungary and Austria directly, so it'll be a third party that's interfering.

Top Bottom