JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Hmmm... i haven't got the patch, and without it, Venice are OP.
All units start with 50% bonus against cities.

What patch is this? Only units adjacent to a Great Galleass should get that bonus. I'll check and make sure it's working properly.

Is it bad that one of my favorite things about a new civ is seeing the map update?

It's great, because it's means I'm not the only one :D

Oh good. I'm not gonna lie, if there exists a world map made with the base game's civs and a large chunk of mods, done in your style, I'd be extraordinarily happy. Oh god you could toggle all the layers....

Bavaria updated:

• Reduced the amount of Great Musician points you get when you build a Schloss to two turns worth of your CPT instead of three turns
  • Made Hartschier into its own unit graphic, so there is no conflict with Ethnic Units
  • Added support for Cultural Diversity, Unique Cultural Influences, and Piety and Prestige
  • Small tweaks to improve the code
  • Right clicking the Schloss in the Tech tree should now take you to the Schloss' pedia page
  • Schloss now connects any resources on the tile (including Strategic resources found after construction)
  • If you're using Whoward's DLL (or the 'Community' Patch), the exploit where you can build Schlosser adjacent to Schlosser that have a Hartschier on them is fixed
  • Added some more unique diplomacy text for Ludwig
  • I did add ambience for Ludwig's leaderscene, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it works on other people's ends, because the code should work.

The Kingdom of Bavaria - Ludwig II (BNW) Download Subscribe

Ludwig II - Bavaria
Hartschier (Lancer): Weaker but cheaper replacement for the Lancer. +50% Defense and +2 Gold whilst stationed on a Schloss. Cannot upgrade, but does not obsolete.
Schloss: May not be adjacent to another Schloss. Whenever a Schloss is constructed, it yields Great Musician points for the Capital equal to three times your current Culture output. It gains +1 Culture for every adjacent Mountain tile, in addition to the +1 it yields initially. It cannot be removed and is unlocked with Architecture.

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing
Janboruta: Artwork, Research (City-List)
Leugi: Graphics (Schloss UI)
bernie14: Graphics (Hartschier)
Viregel: Research (Civilopedia)
Pierre Langer and Tilman Sillescu: Music (Peace)
Edvard Grieg: Music (War)

And thus begins the Civilization Pack Part 2 :p

Bavaria updated:

• Reduced the amount of Great Musician points you get when you build a Schloss to two turns worth of your CPT instead of three turns
  • Made Hartschier into its own unit graphic, so there is no conflict with Ethnic Units
  • Added support for Cultural Diversity, Unique Cultural Influences, and Piety and Prestige
  • Small tweaks to improve the code
  • Right clicking the Schloss in the Tech tree should now take you to the Schloss' pedia page
  • Schloss now connects any resources on the tile (including Strategic resources found after construction)
  • If you're using Whoward's DLL (or the 'Community' Patch), the exploit where you can build Schlosser adjacent to Schlosser that have a Hartschier on them is fixed
  • Added some more unique diplomacy text for Ludwig
  • I did add ambience for Ludwig's leaderscene, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it works on other people's ends, because the code should work.

The Kingdom of Bavaria - Ludwig II (BNW) Download Subscribe

Ludwig II - Bavaria

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing
Janboruta: Artwork, Research (City-List)
Leugi: Graphics (Schloss UI)
bernie14: Graphics (Hartschier)
Viregel: Research (Civilopedia)
Pierre Langer and Tilman Sillescu: Music (Peace)
Edvard Grieg: Music (War)

And thus begins the Civilization Pack Part 2 :p

Does the Illuminati-event still come up for other civs? :)

@JFD

What do you think of this?

Attachments

• 2014-11-14_00001.jpg
    2014-11-14_00001.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 670
I dunno about "The Germans" as a civ name, just kinda seems a bit off to me. I'd have gone with Germania or probably more specifically the Cherusci.

The reason I didn't go with the Cherusci is because that would contradict the design, and for another reason that should become clear when the civ is released. The reason I didn't go with Germania is because Germania was not a political entity, and implies a sense of conformity that didn't exist (and is arguably insensitive). But all that is irrelevant in the face of The Celts/The Huns/The Aztecs/The Maya - the Firaxis precedence of how to name a conglomerate of peoples.

Does the Illuminati-event still come up for other civs? :)

Yup, that should be fixed now :p

@JFD

What do you think of this?

Oh wow, that looks fantastic :D

I dunno about "The Germans" as a civ name, just kinda seems a bit off to me. I'd have gone with Germania or probably more specifically the Cherusci.

Don't have a problem with the name myself, but it does have me thinking that I don't believe I'll be mentioning the war with Armenius....(Probably fitting :lol:)

Link to video.

@JFD

Imperial (Great) Ambassador unit graphic here:

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23438

Screenshot:

-----------------------------

And I made my last update of Doppelsoldner unit graphic.

- new hat for both model.
- now both model use the "breastplate" version of body model, the reason why I totally abondon the original landsknecht body model is more than "armours is cool" or "making more difference to landsknecht", the most important reason is that the landsknecht body model become angular(less smooth) and ugly through import and re-export and this is a problem can't be solve.
- this will be the final version of Doppelsoldner unit model.

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23000

--------------------------------

P.S.
When will you add a civ into the Full Pack? or what's the qualification that a civ can be added into the Full Pack?

I could try my hand at it, once the model is done (and there's a base for the texture, so I know what parts of it go where on the model).

I have done my version of the texture, as you can see in my post. However the texture is not perfect, you can try to do your version of re-texture if you want:D

The body(and main) texture is u_french_musketeer_diff.dds and u_french_musketeer_sref.dds, the hat texture is from u_german_landsknecht_b_diff.dds and u_german_landsknecht_b_sref.dds

@JFD

Screenshot:

- now both model use the "breastplate" version of body model, the reason why I totally abondon the original landsknecht body model is more than "armours is cool" or "making more difference to landsknecht", the most important reason is that the landsknecht body model become angular(less smooth) and ugly through import and re-export and this is a problem can't be solve.

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

P.S.
When will you add a civ into the Full Pack? or what's the qualification that a civ can be added into the Full Pack?

You are a great artist, zwei. :goodjob:

@JFD - or anyone else.

I've been a huge fan of the custom civilizations that bring more historical leaders and civilizations to the game.

What bothers me is that Civilization V doesn't let you play modded Civs (only works in Hotseat from what I know, and I never play that with my friends of course...)

I know that there is a guide here on CivFanatics where it's well described how to convert these mods into DLC-files so they can be played on multiplayer (I only play LAN). I understand that both computers must have exactly the same mods and such things, I've experimented a lot with .xml files for customization of current civilizations. The problem with the conversion is that I lack the set of skills that is required to start the converting process.

With all this in knowledge, my question will be the following; Is there anyone here that converted their mods to DLC-files? If so, is it possible for you to send it to me or upload the files somewhere? I would only need directions for where to put the files, nothing else.

I really really want to play these Civs with my friends since we have played more than 500 hours together working through most civilizations and combinations.

I'm looking forward to any kind of reply but please note that I'm only looking to convert JFD's civilizations and no other mods

Best regards,
Giz

After Arminius I´m only miss the DDR and Saxony under August the Strong. Then each era of german history is present and I can play my homeland Saxony, hehe :p

@JFD

Screenshot:

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

P.S.

This is great work - much appreciated. Thanks :)

HRE will be added to the full pack eventually. Civs enter the Full Pack after a long enough period to catch bugs and balance feedback.

Could you tell us how one would do that? Sorry...I am completely ignorant of the guts of the game...

There are instructions in the OP, but go to My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS/JFD's The Holy Roman Empire/Core/JFD's Austria Revision and in there is a folder called New Icon. Delete or re-name that to revert Austria to her vanilla colours.

@JFD - or anyone else.

I've been a huge fan of the custom civilizations that bring more historical leaders and civilizations to the game.

What bothers me is that Civilization V doesn't let you play modded Civs (only works in Hotseat from what I know, and I never play that with my friends of course...)

I know that there is a guide here on CivFanatics where it's well described how to convert these mods into DLC-files so they can be played on multiplayer (I only play LAN). I understand that both computers must have exactly the same mods and such things, I've experimented a lot with .xml files for customization of current civilizations. The problem with the conversion is that I lack the set of skills that is required to start the converting process.

With all this in knowledge, my question will be the following; Is there anyone here that converted their mods to DLC-files? If so, is it possible for you to send it to me or upload the files somewhere? I would only need directions for where to put the files, nothing else.

I really really want to play these Civs with my friends since we have played more than 500 hours together working through most civilizations and combinations.

I'm looking forward to any kind of reply but please note that I'm only looking to convert JFD's civilizations and no other mods

Best regards,
Giz

I'll have to see what I can do - I haven't tried converting them to DLC format, but if it's easy enough, I can start providing a packaged version ready for Multiplayer too.

After Arminius I´m only miss the DDR and Saxony under August the Strong. Then each era of german history is present and I can play my homeland Saxony, hehe :p

But... what about the County Palatinate of the Rhine :D

Top Bottom