JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

How does Maria Theresa have lines for Switzerland, though?

I don't think the text was in response to specific conditions (such as defeating Switzerland). Most likely those were just the situations under which the quotes pop up. Maria Theresa would likely say something like that when defeating any other civ.

"Ah, hello. I didn't see you there at first. I am Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor and King of the Romans, King of Spain, Italy, Germany, Hungary, Archduke of Austria, Lord of the Netherlands, Count Palatine of Burgundy, and...well you get the idea. Oh, and King of Naples too."

your leader dialogue never ceases to be the best. the vanilla-vanilla civ leaders had nice personality going on but it seemed they lost the writing touch with the DLC and a lot of them come across as bland in diplomacy.

I...will need to think of amusing things for a certain monk khan to say.

Agreed (with the exception of Hitler's tee-hee's, but that's trivial :))

I'm almost afraid to ask about it, and I'm sorry if it has been asked many times before, but I was wondering what the whole deal with the Vandals is? I've read through this thread a bit, and it seems they aren't exactly favored. Also, it suspiciously is the only mod by JFD and Janboruta that I can't get to work and thus am not able to play. Can anyone tell me if it's playable at all, and if it's going to be revamped in the future or just left alone?

Tbh I don't know if the Prussian UA quite suits them. I've been doing my research around the Prussian Empire and playing them in-game and really believe a UA which encourages expansion through military means would be much more suited. I do however see how there UA does beg the player to fight, but as iv stated I beileve a UA focused on rewarding the player for expansion would be much more beneficial, a great civ nevertheless, keep up the good work!:)

I don't think the text was in response to specific conditions (such as defeating Switzerland). Most likely those were just the situations under which the quotes pop up. Maria Theresa would likely say something like that when defeating any other civ.

That's right. All the situations that I described were just what the leader said in my games. For example Theodora gave the same line when I tried to get her to declare war on her ally Russia. And Dido always calls me a drinker at least a dozen times a game.
I often have to haggle quite a lot with other leaders, as their idea of a reasonable trade never quite matches mine. So I hear a lot of the insults.

There is an amazing amount of diplo flavour text in the files. We really need a mod that unlocks it all so that it isn't just restricted to intros and defeats.

I think adding a huge bias where the Civilization responses are defined (not the lines of text themselves) will help with making custom diplomacy text appear almost all the time. I think by default it just mixes the default and unique diplomacy lines and so sometimes it appears like they aren't actually used.

I can't actually check this myself right now with my own mods but the bias method is the one I use, and I got that from the Hidamari civilzation (That initially used a custom dll to make unique diplomacy text always appear if it was defined, as well). Here's an example from it:

Code:
<Row LeaderType="LEADER_YUNO">
	<ResponseType>
		RESPONSE_GREETING_POLITE_HELLO
	</ResponseType>
	<Response>
		TXT_KEY_LEADER_YUNO_GREETING_POLITE_HELLO%
	</Response>
	<Bias>
	</Bias>
</Row>

I'm almost afraid to ask about it, and I'm sorry if it has been asked many times before, but I was wondering what the whole deal with the Vandals is? I've read through this thread a bit, and it seems they aren't exactly favored. Also, it suspiciously is the only mod by JFD and Janboruta that I can't get to work and thus am not able to play. Can anyone tell me if it's playable at all, and if it's going to be revamped in the future or just left alone?

Vandals will be updated once Janboruta finds the time and energy to do the Genseric leaderscene and work on the UU icons. Also when I find the energy, too :p The Vandals UA will remain as is, but I'll be giving them a new UU that will hopefully promote a fresh experience for them - that and events and decisions support. Otherwise, I can't say whether it's playable or not - from your experience, it sounds like its not; though I have no idea why that is.

Tbh I don't know if the Prussian UA quite suits them. I've been doing my research around the Prussian Empire and playing them in-game and really believe a UA which encourages expansion through military means would be much more suited. I do however see how there UA does beg the player to fight, but as iv stated I beileve a UA focused on rewarding the player for expansion would be much more beneficial, a great civ nevertheless, keep up the good work!:)

I don't think I should mess with the formula of my most popular, non-provocative civ ;)

Vandals will be updated once Janboruta finds the time and energy to do the Genseric leaderscene and work on the UU icons. Also when I find the energy, too :p The Vandals UA will remain as is, but I'll be giving them a new UU that will hopefully promote a fresh experience for them - that and events and decisions support. Otherwise, I can't say whether it's playable or not - from your experience, it sounds like its not; though I have no idea why that is.

I don't think I should mess with the formula of my most popular, non-provocative civ ;)

Put in a change...
(Got it? Putin?:crazyeye::lol::D)

Prussia seems pretty rad. I've never gotten to really try their stuff out since I can't reliably get to the Industrial era but on paper their design is solid. CONQUER EVERYTHING but since their iv traits aren't kill everything at all, once you do that you fortify them and cultivate the arts.

Germans added:

Spoiler :

The Germans - Arminius (BNW) Download Subscribe

Slaganz (Warrior): Cheap but weak German warrior replacement. +50% Attack when near to a Barbarian Unit.
Tribal Encampment: Periodically spawns weak Barbarians. May be upgraded into a Tribal Village which acts as a source of either Deer, Horse, or Iron. These Villages spawn Military Units when war is declared against you, the type depending upon the resource. These units disband once peace is restored.

Jaeger (Rifleman): Begins with Scouting 1 and Survivalism 1. May earn promotions normally only available to Recon units. Earns promotions 15% faster.
Hanse (Bank): Unique German Bank replacement. +5% Production for each Trade Route your civilization has with a City-State. Trade routes other players make to a city with a Hanse will generate an extra 1 Gold for the city owner and the trade route owner gains an additional 1 Gold for the trade route.

Note: To revert to the vanilla Germany UA, delete or change the name of the folder "JFD's Germany Revision" in My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS/JFD's The Germans/Core

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing
Janboruta: Artwork, Research (City/Tribe/Spy-List)
JTitan: Graphics (Slaganz)
Mateo Pascual: Music (Peace)
Elder Scrolls Online OST: Music (War)

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

Sukritact said:
The Barbarian Invasion has begun! This release is part of the Barbarian Invasion event, four civs will be released separately throughout the day as part of this event. I'll be adding the links below as they are released:

I feel like that Bismarck UA's a bit OP. The no resistance thing is fine, but the additional delegate sounds like you'd be unstoppable in the world congress after you took out a few cities.

I feel like that Bismarck UA's a bit OP. The no resistance thing is fine, but the additional delegate sounds like you'd be unstoppable in the world congress after you took out a few cities.

It may actually nerf you in the atomic era. After United Nations is formed every CS ally provides two delegates instead of one.

Arminius looks brilliant. Can't wait to try it out (and integrate this version of Arminius into the mod)!

I'm getting the urge to watch The 13th Warrior when I get home from work :)

Aah, I can't wait to be over with all the work I have, cleanse my mods folder out of unecessary trash and load up the Germans. So excited about Tribal Encampments. :)

It may actually nerf you in the atomic era. After United Nations is formed every CS ally provides two delegates instead of one.

I second The Lohoped. As I see it, this UA has an opportunity cost - get a bunch of Delegates early by conquest and gain a few good city spots / natural wonders / luxury resources, making civs hate you for conquering City-States (mimicking the unification of the Holy Roman Empire in the 10th and 11th centuries), but after that you have to turn to diplomacy and Patronage to maintain your political dominance in the Congress (later HRE, the conflict with Austria over who should lead the Germans, EU). I enjoyed playing with it.

I'm getting the urge to watch The 13th Warrior when I get home from work :)

And now I know what I'll be listening to while at work. :)

However, you don't have to expend resources to ally them because...well, you've conquered them. No diplomacy worries if every possible vote is going to be for yourself unless someone liberates those cities.

Top Bottom