JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

FYI: the Republic social policy in the liberty tree breaks the automatic building of gold buildings of Lincoln's UA

Aah, I can't wait to be over with all the work I have, cleanse my mods folder out of unecessary trash and load up the Germans. So excited about Tribal Encampments. :)

I second The Lohoped. As I see it, this UA has an opportunity cost - get a bunch of Delegates early by conquest and gain a few good city spots / natural wonders / luxury resources, making civs hate you for conquering City-States (mimicking the unification of the Holy Roman Empire in the 10th and 11th centuries), but after that you have to turn to diplomacy and Patronage to maintain your political dominance in the Congress (later HRE, the conflict with Austria over who should lead the Germans, EU). I enjoyed playing with it.

And now I know what I'll be listening to while at work. :)
I totally misread the UA. I thought it said conquered cities. Conquered city states is not OP at all.

Poking in to check the Germans' start bias shows that Bohemia's tag is there instead of the Germans'. Likewise, the Civ IV Traits support is just copy-pasted Bohemia.

"these units may disband if they do not level enough."

Sorry for being obtuse, but what does that mean, exactly?

Hmmmmm.... no Slavs, no Vikings....
Oh, Germans are fun! Funfunfunfunfunfunfunfun fuuuuuunnnnn!!!!!!!
I spawned way too much barbs, though, they are OP.

Yeah, it seems like the encampments I built spawned barbarians every turn... that wasn't the intent, was it?

Also is the warrior replacement unit bonus next to barbs +50 or +25%? I think the tooltip at the start said +25%, but it's listed as +50% here

FYI: the Republic social policy in the liberty tree breaks the automatic building of gold buildings of Lincoln's UA

That's what I've heard. Ironic much.

Poking in to check the Germans' start bias shows that Bohemia's tag is there instead of the Germans'. Likewise, the Civ IV Traits support is just copy-pasted Bohemia.

Yup. Fixed now.

"these units may disband if they do not level enough."

Sorry for being obtuse, but what does that mean, exactly?

There is a chance those units will disband each turn, and that chance decreases for every level they gain, until they reach level 5.

Just played a full game with Roosevelt and... it feels very overpowered. I understand if balance isn't your primary concern, because it is very fun to play, but man, I got a sub t200 cultural victory on Immortal and it felt extremely easy. I was swimming in great engineers by the end, just replacing mines with factories for a lack of better things to do with them, and the production boost you get from policies is insane, it's basically three quarters of a wonder in and of itself.

There is a downside to it which is that generating great scientists becomes very difficult, but still. I think it would be good to nerf the numbers, especially the one time production boost upon enacting new policies.

That said, it was very, very fun. But as is it feels like the civ is way more powerful than even OP civs like Korea or the Maya.

Yeah, I know. And I will nerf the numbers. But right now I just haven't been motivated to work on my mods (Germans had been ready for a month); especially updating old ones (and the ones that I personally find less interesting, like Roosevelt, make it all the harder :p). But I fully intend to re-balance Roosevelt.

Just played a full game with Roosevelt and... it feels very overpowered. I understand if balance isn't your primary concern, because it is very fun to play, but man, I got a sub t200 cultural victory on Immortal and it felt extremely easy. I was swimming in great engineers by the end, just replacing mines with factories for a lack of better things to do with them, and the production boost you get from policies is insane, it's basically three quarters of a wonder in and of itself.

There is a downside to it which is that generating great scientists becomes very difficult, but still. I think it would be good to nerf the numbers, especially the one time production boost upon enacting new policies.

That said, it was very, very fun. But as is it feels like the civ is way more powerful than even OP civs like Korea or the Maya.

The downside of not having any scientists is serious, but it is OP. But it's my favorite Civ to play on Deity because it's so much fun.

There are negatives like you have to pick an Ideology when you get a factory (which can really hurt you on Deity), but then you usually get the first one, so at least you can get happiness boosts.

If it was nerfed a bit, I think it'd be fine, but I don't want to live in a world without Roosevelts production monsters :)

That's what I've heard. Ironic much.

Yup. Fixed now.

There is a chance those units will disband each turn, and that chance decreases for every level they gain, until they reach level 5.

That disbanding thing is unfair....
I got two spearmans, and they disbanded right after i got them....
Once i got my units disbanded in an enemy territory(and they received full HP).
as i mentioned before, they are pure fun for a warmonger like me.
Lol, "barbarians of the world, unite"
One last complaint: using cultural diversity, i get the honor policy tree unlocked. Although it nice, its quite ironic.

That disbanding thing is unfair....
I got two spearmans, and they disbanded right after i got them....
Once i got my units disbanded in an enemy territory(and they received full HP).
as i mentioned before, they are pure fun for a warmonger like me.
Lol, "barbarians of the world, unite"
One last complaint: using cultural diversity, i get the honor policy tree unlocked. Although it nice, its quite ironic.

I just played them, and the same thing happened to me. They should start disbanding the turn after, not the same turn. They were created, and immediately disbanded before they could even move.

Would people rather the barbarians work like the units you get from the Villages - i.e. disband after peace, but otherwise not disband? You'll still get them in an offensive war (unlike the ones from Villages), as they're meant to be... uncultivated barbarians :p I think the mechanic is a good point of flavour, to represent the looseness of your confederation with these barbarians, but maybe it's too frustrating to deal with. Otherwise, at least a period of 5-10 turns in which they cannot disband?

Would people rather the barbarians work like the units you get from the Villages - i.e. disband after peace, but otherwise not disband? You'll still get them in an offensive war (unlike the ones from Villages), as they're meant to be... uncultivated barbarians :p I think the mechanic is a good point of flavour, to represent the looseness of your confederation with these barbarians, but maybe it's too frustrating to deal with. Otherwise, at least a period of 5-10 turns in which they cannot disband?

Could they turn back into barbarians after peace? That would be a neat mechanic. You'd lose them, and they'd harass whoever at random until they died.

Even having them instead of disbanding, turn back into barbarians at random times (unless they were experienced) would be neat.

They'd still potentially be useful after they disbanded, but completely uncontrollable.

I streamed my first play of the game, so I'm going to go back and watch it to see if that happened or not. It gets to be difficult to tell what is coming from where once you have 10 or more of those spawners.

Here you go http://www.twitch.tv/notque/c/5660050

That's me declaring war. All of the barbarians in my territory were spawned from those huts. I had no idea what happened, maybe you can explain it.

Also, the 2nd level huts - the Deer hut gives +2 food, and is the only one I'd ever build now that I know it gets a +2 while the others only get a +1. They become amazing tiles, where the other ones are okayish.

EDIT: I just realized that you get a resource with the other 2. That makes up the difference. If you happened to have no Iron, it would make sense to build them. Same for horses... but if you have those resources, you default to deer. That makes sense.

Sorry, some of the strategy takes a second to understand.

Top Bottom