JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Another America bug to report, unfortunately. This time, with the Washington replacement included with the FDR civ. The ranch is not claiming horse/sheep/cattle tiles and it is not building improvements on one's already within borders. It does still give the extra hammer to the unimproved resources within borders though. Screenshot example. No readily apparent cause of the bug, but I can play around to narrow it down if you think there's a likely culprit. And if there's other info that would be helpful to you, let me know and I'll try to send it to you.

An idea that might help, could you name the units from the camp they spawned? It might help understand a bit of what exactly is happening.

Here you go http://www.twitch.tv/notque/c/5660050

That's me declaring war. All of the barbarians in my territory were spawned from those huts. I had no idea what happened, maybe you can explain it.

Also, the 2nd level huts - the Deer hut gives +2 food, and is the only one I'd ever build now that I know it gets a +2 while the others only get a +1. They become amazing tiles, where the other ones are okayish.

It worked as described in the UA; you gained control over all the barbarians that ever spawned from your Tribal Encampments, and some disbanded (on the turn after you got them, which is just bad luck, but can be fixed), but those that did turned back into barbarians.

Deer gives +2 Food? I suppose that's with the Granary. Well, I'll see what I can do to re-balance the three Villages.

Another America bug to report, unfortunately. This time, with the Washington replacement included with the FDR civ. The ranch is not claiming horse/sheep/cattle tiles and it is not building improvements on one's already within borders. It does still give the extra hammer to the unimproved resources within borders though. Screenshot example. No readily apparent cause of the bug, but I can play around to narrow it down if you think there's a likely culprit. And if there's other info that would be helpful to you, let me know and I'll try to send it to you.

Yeah, it's a very old bug. Roosevelt and all the other WW2 civs + (Lithuania, the Papal States, Lenin, Hannibal, and Lincoln) are not fully up-to-date, and some have a few bugs.

An idea that might help, could you name the units from the camp they spawned? It might help understand a bit of what exactly is happening.

Possibly. I'll see what I can do.

Okay then, I agree with the way it worked except I'd make the turn after be the first turn possible for disbanding.

It's an incredible amount of fun, it's just a bit odd to understand at first. :)

If the Granary gave the +food, then you'd expect the forge to boost the iron and the stable to boost the horses.

It would give you some strategy to assigning certain types in certain areas, which I like. I am going to stream another game now that I understand it.

I also might try the pantheon Earth Mother with the 2nd level iron settlement, that is a good synergy.

I reloaded the save, and yes. A forge increases the Iron, and the Stable increases the horses.

One interesting thing, you still can't build a forge or stable without the resource because it requires an improved one. So it adds even more strategy needed as to what types you use.

I think it's fun, but obviously in the middle of the game I have suboptimal choices everywhere.

Also, when you reload a save the names of settlements go away on the main view (but mousing over, it still shows the names)

New settlements get the regular naming within the loaded save.

Where can I see which religion the Civ picks? In the mod, I mean.

Edit: Sorry Double Post, my Chrome crashed. lol

Well they should, but Deer doesn't give +2 Food by itself, so I just assumed that's where it was getting 2. I'll investigate anyway.

Isn't the granary increasing the food yields from deer by 1?

The Germans are very fun so far. The fact that barb camps spawn warriors the entire length of the game is not fun. It's also not great that at a certain point every spawn dies because they are immediately kicked out of your borders. If I'm living with barbarians, I think they should have open borders with me and get in my way to do things. I think that's a negative, and it's a fun style choice.

I am going to go through the code today and try to understand how to make two changes to play test.

1. Scale up barbarian spawns like normal.
2. Open Borders with the barbarians. They should stay in my territory if they randomly wish, and they should get in my way to build roads, and move my army.

JFD, if you have any tips to do this, would love to hear your thoughts. I'm so intrigued though I will start reading what I can.

One of the best little "hidden bonuses" of the Germans is that, because you start off at peace with the barbs, you don't have to struggle with protecting your Trade Routes in the early game. The only quirk I did notice is that these barbs that you're peaceful with still exert ZOC over you when you try to pass by them.

One of the best little "hidden bonuses" of the Germans is that, because you start off at peace with the barbs, you don't have to struggle with protecting your Trade Routes in the early game. The only quirk I did notice is that these barbs that you're peaceful with still exert ZOC over you when you try to pass by them.

I think open borders should solve this, but there's no dll call to do it that I can find at the moment.

The Germans are very fun so far. The fact that barb camps spawn warriors the entire length of the game is not fun. It's also not great that at a certain point every spawn dies because they are immediately kicked out of your borders. If I'm living with barbarians, I think they should have open borders with me and get in my way to do things. I think that's a negative, and it's a fun style choice.

I am going to go through the code today and try to understand how to make two changes to play test.

2. Open Borders with the barbarians. They should stay in my territory if they randomly wish, and they should get in my way to build roads, and move my army.

JFD, if you have any tips to do this, would love to hear your thoughts. I'm so intrigued though I will start reading what I can.
Open borders with the barbs is a VERY bad idea. Its hard enough to get them out of the encampment, but totally out of my territory would be too much. Besides, i found out that you can still pillage encampments, which is cool.
And they are already getting in your way. It provoked other civ to attack me(encampments spawning barbarians are in my territory and there were lots of them) , and prevented me from building roads. Also, it made my economy crush. I had to disband some of the units myself :p. But eventually, i crushed Assyria and forced Portugal to pay me to defend them from my(second)self... :lol::lol::lol:
I also found another use for scouts: clearing encampments located on rough terrain.

It provoked other civ to attack me(encampments spawning barbarians are in my territory and there were lots of them)

It didn't provoke them to attack you, they attacked you for other reasons. My first Deity game with them the entire game I didn't have a single AI declare war on me. I had a lot of barbarians in my area.

Small error: the Weregild doesn't give +2 culture for improved tribal villages. It's an easy fix - the right value just needs to be put in the Decisions SQL file :)

Where can I see which religion the Civilization most like. With the Historical Religions mod.

In the Core/Civilizations.sql file.

Isn't the granary increasing the food yields from deer by 1?

Yes.

1. I don't know what you want to accomplish here.
2. Impossible

If you're sick of barbarians spawning, upgrade your Tribal Encampments to Villages.

Small error: the Weregild doesn't give +2 culture for improved tribal villages. It's an easy fix - the right value just needs to be put in the Decisions SQL file :)

I think after three years I know how to fix things like this... Anyway, it's already been fixed. You have an outdated version.

If you really want to give the barbs open borders (or at least functionally similar) you can probably use lua to assign all barb units a promotion with RivalTerritory = true.

If you really want to give the barbs open borders (or at least functionally similar) you can probably use lua to assign all barb units a promotion with RivalTerritory = true.

Thanks, that's a novel solution.

Top Bottom