JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I have decision and event ideas for France...

And this UA ideas:

The route for freedom

Great generals may produce great work of music. Each great work of music in a city increases the city strength by 5%(up to 25). Captured french cities are in resistance for 50% more, and infantry units receive the amphibious promotion starting from the modern era.

Viva la France

Receive a free great general on the outbreak of a war. When a war ends, receive golden age points.
Great people increase unit production while stationed in a city. May choose free great person after choosing ideology.

I wish I could say the same. Maybe I’m just not playing them correctly. I built three Tribal Encampments that periodically started spawning units. My plan was to keep a small force of my starting Slaganz (which upgraded to a Spearman via a ruin), my Scarcher (2 upgrades! Yay!), and a CS gifted Catapult to goad the AI into attacking my weak army. Then, to his shock and horror, all these barbs would join my side to fight against him. Well, lo and behold, by the time I successfully tricked Siam into DoWing me, all I got from the barbs was 1 measly Pikeman. I suppose it will help against his Elephant brigade, but I only have 2 Pikemen, a Scrossbowman, and a Cannon. I don't know what happened to all the other barbs that were supposed to come to my aid. Luckily there’s a nice choke point to help me out.

I think I would like the UA better if it worked for all wars, not just defensive ones.

To be fair, I have not been attacked in any of my games until the end. In the last game I kept no military units at all, hoping the 15 upgraded encampments would give me enough time to field one if needed. I was never attacked.

I would like to try out that part of the game, but I play on Deity and avoiding being attacked is part of my normal gameplay at all times.

I should load up a save and just start denouncing and backstabbing everyone so they attack me and see how many units actually come out. I'll try that later.

Thanks for improving Tojo, I've tried playing him several times and he's just not powerful enough.

I played Hitler 6 games in a row in the last month, and was unable to find a strategy on Deity that worked out well. Having Blitz on the Infantry is rarely useful, because attacking twice means you can't move, and you need to also be healthy. Tanks are in the wrong part of the tech tree to use in general, and the boost they get doesn't help nearly enough to change that decision. I was thinking of asking for the Tanks to get another boost of some kind.

And the Great General thing to science is useful, but the problem is you're losing them for war, and the point is you're trying to war when you can. You also lose the using them for border expansion.

There's a small error in the latest Tojo release; I didn't save the LUA logs, but under "Naval Assimilation" in JFD_JapanTojoFunctions, one of the "then"s is mistyped "the", which seems to disable the whole promotion.

The Char B1? I've always been a fan of it, as it was tough enough to take on the German armor at the start of the war, but was just too slow for the WWII battlefield... which seems like it'd be easy enough to depict in Civ. :p
More likely the Renault FT. It seems like when I suggested it a looong time ago he at least seemed to confirm it. I'll search the thread to see if I can find it...

(How I remember this in the first place, who knows? :crazyeye:)

EDIT: Found it! Although on a second readthrough, it does seem like quite the confirmation I remembered it was. But also, it was exactly the 1000th post in this thread!

The Char B1? I've always been a fan of it, as it was tough enough to take on the German armor at the start of the war, but was just too slow for the WWII battlefield... which seems like it'd be easy enough to depict in Civ. :p

Oh, that's perfect. There's even an icon for that exact model for me to use. Thanks :)

More likely the Renault FT. It seems like when I suggested it a looong time ago he at least seemed to confirm it. I'll search the thread to see if I can find it...

(How I remember this in the first place, who knows? :crazyeye:)

EDIT: Found it! Although on a second readthrough, it does seem like quite the confirmation I remembered it was. But also, it was exactly the 1000th post in this thread!

Oh! Well, I can't argue with that :D

@JFD

So many updates since I last checked. Now I might even test Hitler. Will try out Mussolini for sure. I don't want to bother you, I know it's a chore to maintain/updating your civs, but just wanted to add that the Yamato in a (latest before now I think) earlier version did not recieve the movement bonus from either the Great Lighthouse or the Exploration opener. Don't know if you fixed it now, but thought Id just put it out there.

Edit: Just tested Mussolini, and hovering over the decision that isnt the Blackshirt one doesn't give you the text for requirements, rewards and so on. Its something like TXT_JFD_ and so on :)

Thanks. Updated.

I have decision and event ideas for France...

And this UA ideas:

The route for freedom

Great generals may produce great work of music. Each great work of music in a city increases the city strength by 5%(up to 25). Captured french cities are in resistance for 50% more, and infantry units receive the amphibious promotion starting from the modern era.

Viva la France

Receive a free great general on the outbreak of a war. When a war ends, receive golden age points.
Great people increase unit production while stationed in a city. May choose free great person after choosing ideology.

Something to think about. Thanks.

There's a small error in the latest Tojo release; I didn't save the LUA logs, but under "Naval Assimilation" in JFD_JapanTojoFunctions, one of the "then"s is mistyped "the", which seems to disable the whole promotion.

Wonderful. Three years modding and that still happens. Thanks for letting me know.

Yup, seems to be fixed now.

Given the WWII civs in the OP, is there any possibility of a (Nationalist) Republic of China civ? Sun Yat-sen might be pretty cool, though Chiang Kai-shek would work better for WWII purposes. Here's a potential icon for them anyway, I can get a map if you're interested. Of course, it all depends on if leader art is viable, which may be a problem at the moment. :p

I was actually thinking about the same idea. I was plotting out a more broad Taiwan/Republic of China type civ, with Kai-Shek as the leader. I think he'd be an even clearer choice for a WW2-centric China. I'd love to see that happen...I just love WW2.

Mao Tzedong is one of my biggest mod wishes ( befor Franco Spain and the GDR or Pol Pot^^). So a Mao needs a Chiang Kai Shek for a fight :D

A Pol Pot Civ (not necessarily from JFD) would be WONDERFUL.

Fair enough on your preferences JFD - De Gaulle is interesting in his own right, anyway. I'll shift my lobbying elsewhere :)

Franco Spain would be a great edition to WW2 but doesn't look like JFD will be doing that one.

Ability ideas
Maybe any Civs you're Friends (Or Ideology partners) with gift you units (like a Military City State?)
Maybe able to built units if Friends (Or Ideology partners) can? But they fight with a 10% penalty if you don't own the tech.
Extra resistance due to Ideologies?

Given the WWII civs in the OP, is there any possibility of a (Nationalist) Republic of China civ?

Unfortunately, WW2 bores me to death. I'd only be doing De Gaulle for completeness (as was the case for Tojo, Mussolini, and Roosevelt), so no Chiang Kai-shek from me.

Plus, you know, the whole republic thing.

Now, if it were the Kingdom of China on the other hand... :lol:

Lenin proves that I'm above such restraints (+Lincoln, Roosevelt, Hitler, Stalin, Hannibal, Iceland, Genoa, and De Gaulle). I would do the murderers of a 2000 year-old Imperial Monarchy if only they were more interesting to me. But non-Monarchs have the habit of often being incredibly uninspiring.

Franco Spain would be a great edition to WW2 but doesn't look like JFD will be doing that one.

Well, I don't know. IIRC Viregel was planning it. Maybe I'll just help with that.

Oh, that's perfect. There's even an icon for that exact model for me to use. Thanks :)

Yay!

There's already an icon for it? Interesting...

Admittedly, the Renault FT is a bit iconic in that it was really the first "modern" tank design (with a turreted gun on top, as opposed to the typical "landship" designs that preceded it). On the other hand, tanks like the Char B1 and Char D2 were commanded by de Gaulle in WWII, so they have a somewhat closer attachment to him.

That, and I'm a sucker for things like the battle of Stonne, where one Char B1 took out two Pz IVs, eleven Pz IIIs, and two anti-tank guns, taking 140 shots in return and surviving to return to French lines. :p

Roosevelt updated and added to the WW2 pack:

• Added P&P, CulDiv, Civ IV Traits, and Events support
  • Washington UA and UU revisions added.
  • Washington's ranch code converted to use the new Lua hooks
  • Reduced the amount of Production/Gold and Engineer/Merchant points gained from the UA
  • Reduced the magistrate cost of the 'Declare America the Arsenal of Democracy' decision
  • Emergency Relief Admin decision no longer requires low GPT to be enacted, and grants gold whenever war is declared against you, and now costs Gold to enact (you choose how much to spend, which is then returned to you every time war is declared against you)
  • Added new city-lists for Roosevelt and Washington by Gyra Solune
  • Roosevelt's UA now supports policy branches
  • Ranch now also improves Bsion and Deer and gives +1 Production to these resources. Production cost slightly increased

Roosevelt - The United States (BNW) Download Subscribe

B17 (Bomber): This Unit has a chance of evading interception, and does additional damage to Cities compared to the Bomber, which it replaces.
Assembly Plant (Factory): +10% Production toward Mechanised Land and Air Units. +50% embarked Defense for Armor and Siege Units. Only one Assembly Plant is required to unlock an Ideology.

Minuteman (Musketman): One of the first gunpowder units of the game. Replaces the Musketman, but is much cheaper to produce. This Unit may move through rough ground as though it were flat, and receives a bonus when fighting in rough terrain.
Ranch (Stables): Claims and improves all workable sources of Bison, Cattle, Deer, Horses, and Sheep. 10% Production when building Mounted Units. Each source of Bison, Cattle, Deer, Horse, and Sheep worked by this city produce +1 Production.

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing
Leugi: Artwork (Leaderscene)
Janboruta: Artwork
Firaxis: Artwork (Assembly Plant)
Gyra Solune: Research (City-Lists)
Andreas Waldeloft: Music (Peace), (War)

Events (thanks to DonStamos for the ideas):

Spoiler :

If you think the values are too little/much for the UA, give me a proposal next time :p Remember: I don't play this game, so I don't know what fiddly numbers are balanced.

I've played Roosevelt around 40 times. I'll give them a run through tonight and let you know how it works :)

Top Bottom