1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

As you now have two name-changing civilizations, it has got me pondering what other aspects of civilizations (leader? color? trait?) could be changed with Lua this way. Like most of us probably, as I'm dreaming of a Rhye-type scenario or mechanic in the game, could it be possible to evolve a certain civ to another in the game, like Russia could cycle from Kievan Rus to Muscovy, Peter, Catherine, and depending on ideology, Stalin, Nicholas or someone else?

2. Vicevirtuoso

Vicevirtuoso The Modetta Man

3. local_hero

local_hero Prince

How many civs do you have on your "to do list" JFD? :)

Edit: I have downloaded the latest version of de Gaulle but my Foreign Legions still doesn't seem to get that firepower bonus. Now on to test Lincoln! If one were to use the FDR mod and the Lincoln mod, what happens to Washingtons E&D?

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Between none and too many :p

I'd forgotten to deal with that in the updated. Fixed and updated.

Washington just gets a new decision to replace the Emancipation one.

5. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Haha, I take it as a very fluid list then. :) Well, about the those first in line, I'm very curious about your updates to Louis XIV.

The first part of Lincolns UA, is it only for when being DOWd and not for offensive wars?

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

7. GeneralSecura

GeneralSecura Chieftain

Playing a game as Lincoln now and his UA finally works (the automated building construction thing).

One thing to report: I met Hitler in that game and he didn't have any introductory dialogue. Just an empty box.

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Probably have an outdated version of either the WW2 Pack or the individual Hitler mod. I noticed that issue a while ago, and made a quick, and silent, update to fix the issue. If you use direct downloads, or Steam is a bit buggy for you, you may have missed it.

9. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

Great mods, JFD! :D

I got a question though, how do you calculate the 50% chance increase of Generals for the Empire of Germany Civ?

(I don't see a lua file)

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It's done via promotion (Core/Promotions.sql). Nazi Germany is the only one of my civs that contains no Lua to do its attributes.

11. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

But... you made it! What is this?!

Oh and what about the diplo screen bug that i reported a while ago?

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yeah, but most of my modded civs would need more than simple database updates to be made compatible, and that's just silly to do.

Could you remind me what that bug was? :p

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

His most sexy and fabulous Majesty, Louis XIV updated, now with double the number of insults about the player's dress sense:

• Added P&P, Map Labels, E&D, CulDiv, Unique Cultural Influence, R.E.D., and Civ IV Traits support
    • Imperial Guard XP now caps at 15
    • Fixed an issue where Napoleon would recieve 2 GGs on the outbreak of war
    • Civ unique functions will now only fire when that civ is in-game (yup, the civ hasn't been updated in that long :p)
    • You now receive a Great General at the outbreak of war with a major civ (so defensive or offensive wars) and it is no longer limited by whether you're already at war. Great Generals now must be expended to build a Courthouse, but also halts any resistence, too.
    • Slightly increased the strength of the Imperial Guard
    • Louis XIV reworked a bit. Chateau provides 1 Culture instead of 2 and does not provide a defensive bonus, but begins a 5-turn WLTKD in the Capital (no matter where its built, its all about Louis :D).

And because I think he's the best leaderscene that Jan has done still, here's His Splendidness again:

Spoiler :

Louis XIV - France (BNW) Download Subscribe

Credits
    Spoiler :
    JFD: Design, Code, Writing
    Janboruta: Design, Artwork
    bernie14: Graphics
    Jean-Baptiste Lully: Music (Peace), (War)

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

I'll save a Three Musketeers (I really don't know enough about them anyway) event and something to do with the navy for Sukritact to put in his addon, if he so wishes (there's just so much good stuff for Louis and Napoleon, I can't fit them all!).

Given the extensiveness of the update, I will wait a bit before I add Louis to the Alt Leaders pack, so as to catch bugs, or to hear balance concerns.

And thanks to everyone who contributed ideas for E&D - I'm going to pretend like I remember who you are (I'm guessing DonStamos, because he's President (C.E.O.? Sith-Lord?) of Creative Corp.) by saying "to everyone"... whoops :p

14. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Whoops wrong thread

15. Natan35

Donstamos quitted the job...
    Are the ideas same for both leaders?

16. local_hero

local_hero Prince

I understand your decision to decrease the tile yield of the Chateau in favor for its new ability, but I will miss the tile yield. One of my favourite Unique Improvements.

One heck of an update nevertheless and I'm hard pressed to play everything you release. ;) It's optional, I know...

Btw, I can't open the cultural overview when playing de Gaulle. Which is weird, because that wasn't a problem earlier. Could the café stir it up somehow?

17. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

Louis is now sufficiently smug about his updates. Excellent.

18. Natan35

Interesting how will Louis will react to Arminius...:lol::lol::lol:

19. Daigotsu Max

Daigotsu Max Chieftain

YES. I was really much looking forward to this one :D Thank you JFD!

20. CadetSF

CadetSF Chieftain

Any chance that you might rework Greece with Pericles? (similar to his buffs in civ 4)