JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

So what are you doing here?:trouble:
Spoiler :
Admitting it is a point in your favor... though His Modjesty may not see it that way.

Or does that mean JFD might be doing Greece/Macedonia?:D

I'm afraid I traded Greece for Armenia, and those ancient treaties must stand :p

I see. Was this an event, or a decision that you made to clamp down on it?

It was an event. And now it shall be an event for the - eventual - modders scenario update :p

They certainly do for me, I'm not talking about a 5-tile radius forest but a forest of 5 continuous tiles. On a map the relative scale of Civ5's, that's big enough to get lost in.
Of course adding more thicker forests is awesome too. Scouts will no longer cross the entire Pangaea!
(Especially on the Arborea map...)

Well then, I'll see what I can do :D

But damn. Philip II, Karl XII, Naples, Ireland, and some Balkan blob like Serbia or Bulgaria would secure my mastery of Europe but for a More Civs enclave in Greece... :scan: And then the invasion of China begins...

It's Sukritact's design (except, at great personal injury, I went with more solid colours :p)
*SOBS*

Because I have the misfortune of spending this New Year's modding, I thought I'd share some preliminary plans on Exploration Continued Expanded - a more heavy weight counterpart to Colonialist Legacies upcoming Governor's Edition mod, which will require the use of the Community Patch DLL (the Balance Patch is still optional) and Barathor's More Luxuries.
I assume Whoward's DLL is an acceptable alternative? It requires More Luxuries though? I wasn't expecting that.

Grand Canal wonder (thanks to Sukritact for the wonder art)
Gah, that icon is horrible! Expect something better in a few days. I believe Pouakai intends to update the wonder anyway.

And then the invasion of China begins...
Remember that you have agreed to cede the lands of Shu Han to me upon conquest. I expect to receive Chengdu in relatively good condition.

Also I'm a king? That's nice; though I've never seen a King who governs under a president...

I'm afraid I traded Greece for Armenia, and those ancient treaties must stand :p

It was an event. And now it shall be an event for the - eventual - modders scenario update :p

Well then, I'll see what I can do :D

But damn. Philip II, Karl XII, Naples, Ireland, and some Balkan blob like Serbia or Bulgaria would secure my mastery of Europe but for a More Civs enclave in Greece... :scan: And then the invasion of China begins...

This takes the World According to Modders to a whole other level... I really think all city names should be the names of civs' you've done...
And while you may have traded the city of Greece Split to More Civilizations, it can still be recaptured, can it not? Although you seem to have taken the Honor policy tree so I suppose that's out.
Even in the world according to modders Europe is crowded! I think Patria Grande and Colonialist Legacies deserve credit for bringing greatness to South America, Canada, Australia, and South-East Asia...

I assume Whoward's DLL is an acceptable alternative? It requires More Luxuries though? I wasn't expecting that.

Well, maybe it won't need More Luxuries - the original ExCE required it when I picked it back up, but I don't really remember why. I'll remove the dependency for now, and see if anything bad happens when I test it :p Although some key resources will be missing (namely ones that complete the "this trade boosts this Great Person" set).

Gah, that icon is horrible! Expect something better in a few days. I believe Pouakai intends to update the wonder anyway.

Wonderful! Although I thought it was pretty good.

Remember that you have agreed to cede the lands of Shu Han to me upon conquest. I expect to receive Chengdu in relatively good condition.

Of course! All the lands south of that time period are belong to you.

Also I'm a king? That's nice; though I've never seen a King who governs under a president...

There are a few sub-national Kings in Nigeria and South Africa that do a bit of politics, but I suppose in no official capacity. Still, the government of More Civs is a strange and complex beast.

This takes the World According to Modders to a whole other level... I really think all city names should be the names of civs' you've done...
And while you may have traded the city of Greece Split to More Civilizations, it can still be recaptured, can it not? Although you seem to have taken the Honor policy tree so I suppose that's out.

You think? Hm. That would probably make it more familiar, so yeah, I'll probably make that change. And that will save me a heap of time downloading all of DJSHenninger's civs to check what the capital is. Guess who's going to be a Scientific City-State :p If there were those anyway :lol:

Yes, I'll keep out of ancient Greece, as per the old agreements :shifty:

This ExCE sounds amazing!
As a Dutchman, I'm also looking forward to Philip II (as long as it's the right one), could make for some interesting unique dialogues with Charles V and William...

As a Dutchman, I'm also looking forward to Philip II (as long as it's the right one), could make for some interesting unique dialogues with Charles V and William...

Yup, it's that treacherous Williams monarch :D

You think? Hm. That would probably make it more familiar, so yeah, I'll probably make that change. And that will save me a heap of time downloading all of DJSHenninger's civs to check what the capital is. Guess who's going to be a Scientific City-State :p If there were those anyway :lol:

Yes, I'll keep out of ancient Greece, as per the old agreements :shifty:

Could I be a Militaristic city-state, or a Cultural one if you prefer by virtue of my units (even if you don't seem to use them as much as, say, fantasy modders, Colonialist Legacies uses them)?
I don't really see much worthwhile stuff about non-ancient Greece TBH.

Are unique dialogues possible, other than through UCI? I can think of a ton of uses for those in Warhammer...

Could I be a Militaristic city-state, or a Cultural one if you prefer by virtue of my units (even if you don't seem to use them as much as, say, fantasy modders, Colonialist Legacies uses them)?

Militaristic goes to those who make units, so yeah, I'll make you militaristic.

A WW2 Greece might be worthwhile, though. We'll see; it was just musings :)

Militaristic goes to those who make units, so yeah, I'll make you militaristic.

Awesome, thanks!

A WW2 Greece might be worthwhile, though. We'll see; it was just musings :)

JFD, it comes of being in a position of great power. You bet if Obama was heard musing about nuking Russia in March 2015 it would be all over the place... so your musing about invading Greece carries more weight than you might expect.

Not sure about unique interactions. May look into it, for those leaders that do know each other.

Well, how did you do Unique Cultural Influence? (That was you, wasn't it?)
Seems like extending that to all diplomatic or less-than-diplomatic phrases would work.

Also, we really need to stop editing our posts if we're responding at this speed.:lol:

Sorry! Forgot to answer this part.

Whoward's DLL will be an acceptable alternative at this stage, but the CP really is just Whoward's DLL++. It doesn't add any superfluous features; just new methods and Lua hooks, and enhanced features to the AI (like the AI assessing the flavours of resources when elevating their worth in trades). In the future, P&P will require Whoward's DLL, in order to deal with changes to Reformation beliefs. Unless Whoward comes back from beyond this realm and updates his DLL to include the changes made to the CP DLL (probably quite a task now), CP will become the norm for my DLL mods to rely upon.

JFD, it comes of being in a position of great power. You bet if Obama was heard musing about nuking Russia in March 2015 it would be all over the place... so your musing about invading Greece carries more weight than you might expect.

Where are my ministers to deal with this indiscretion? Invading Greece. What an tactless thing to say ...out loud :p

Well, how did you do Unique Cultural Influence? (That was you, wasn't it?)
Seems like extending that to all diplomatic or less-than-diplomatic phrases would work.

Nope, it was this fellow.

Where are my ministers to deal with this indiscretion? Invading Greece. What an tactless thing to say ...out loud :p.

Hm... and there's another event for JFD's Civilizations in the World According to Modders. Rather the opposite of De Gaulle's Diplomatic Faux Pas event.

Oooooh attrition sounds so gooood, it will hopefully complement some Civs their start bias (like Brazil, ugh). I remember coming up with the exact same mechanic for Civ and writing it down somewhere, which might be pointless info to you but it was personally really weird/awesome to read this haha.
Also; yaaay! Finally a more interesting mechanic for the Dutch!

edit: Also also, will it be compatible with Colonialist Legacies colonial resources then?

Oh, I shall borrow your modding enthusiasm, love it. 1000 years for this great polish empire (ok, half-polish). :) Definitely, modding subforum would be dead without you.

About exploration, have you consider "leash" mechanic? Consider distance to nearest city, increasing % of bad things happen the further unit is. Don't know about AI.

At last, considering your future "conquests" the quote of my favourite historical character (he was young then, later he made this statement false):
"Europe is a molehill. It has never had any great empires, like those of the Orient..."

The day natan learned to use the internet
Some weird boy from a territory unknown to our empire has started to share his strange a and complex views with the world, and this is driving our citizens mad. What shall we do?

teach him to use the internet better.( 3 turns of anarchy, gain 1500 science and 200 culture)
we shall expel him to the wild territories controlled by the CL...(barbarian city is founded)
explain him that things take time.(50% chance you get 2000 golden age points, 50% chance your capital enters one turn of anarchy)
appoint him as minister of fun & foreign affairs.(+1 magisters, gain great scientist and additional great person of your choice)

Reminds me: i think i found a bug(i cant determinate whether its in the game or in of the mods)
1. Coal seems to appear in mines of CSs(or very close to CS territory)
2. Even though I'm allied with many CSs(that coal appeared in their mines) , i don't seem to get any coal from them.( and they ask me to connect it to my trade network :p)

Attrition is still built with the intent to "slow-down" early-game exploration, prompted by my annoyance at being discovered by Siam every Classical Era from Europe on TSL Earth maps. Basically, certain terrain and feature types may incur an attrition effect (will damage a unit, and prevent them from healing). There are four types of attrition: Extreme Conditions (Snow and Desert), Scurvy (Ocean and Coast), "getting lost" (Jungle), and Disease (Marsh, Flood Plains, and Jungle), which differ slightly in their effects. Attrition does not effect units in your borders, and units born in cities adjacent to or on a terrain or feature that gives attrition (except for Disease and Scurvy) will begin with an immunity to that attrition. Scouts may be upgraded with immunities and certain unique units (as well as Polynesia for Scurvy) begin with immunities, and the Woodsman promotion now gives an immunity to Jungle/getting lost. Finally, the Exploration Finisher and the Satellites tech grant all units immunity to all attrition effect except Disease.

I'm absolutely infatuated with this idea! In ancient times, civilizations pretty much only knew about the other nations surrounding them (Egypt didn't discover the Americas in the BC's) and they were more likely to explore less difficult terrain than venture beyond a mountain range or into a jungle (or so I assume - I wasn't alive back then). In civ, I could intentionally choose not to explore around natural boundaries to simulate this, but there was no way to stop the AI from doing it. Your upcoming mod will solve this dilemma for me once and for all.

EDIT: I assume it's obvious that possessing Citrus will dampen the effects of Scurvy?

Top Bottom