1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Adding a third Sweden into the mix would be nice - and I'm certainly a fan of Gustav III - but it's too difficult to say how realistic getting him done would be, at this point. Something to keep in mind for the future, anyway.

You have uncovered my weakness :p

With what few games I've had with civ, I've had even fewer with Tourism, so I was definitely very cautious when applying a Tourism related bonus on such an early building. Good to know that I can safely bump it up, which I'll do in the update, Thanks for the report :)

2. local_hero

local_hero Prince

If you don't mind, it would be fun to take a peek!

3. Tristam94

Tristam94 Chieftain

Another very minor bug I found: Germany led by Bismarck shows the Jaeger twice as his uniques instead of the Jaeger and the Hanse.

4. JimBobV

JimBobV Warlord

I think this has been mentioned, but in case it hasn't then there's a bug with your France split. Whenever you try to load the mod it crashes the game.

5. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

I want Karl!(the greatest of them ;))
    Any chance?

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Louis the Fabulous updated and added to the Alt Leaders pack with all those other sorry slobs (and Nicky and Vicky):

• Fixed an issue where the Cultural Great Person choice thingey would display for unfabulous civs
    • Fixed a conflict between Louis XIV and the obviously poorly dressed Civ IV Traits mod, which would result in a CTD

Now that the Alt Leaders pack is over 100mb, Lenin will have to go in his own Alt Leaders Pack 2.

Spoiler :
    Mwahahahahahahahahaha

7. LastSword

LastSword Prince

:) I have actually checked code of that Cultural Great Person choice thingey and expending Great General.

Other than that, I am gonna mention that Louis is my favourite custom leaderscene.

8. orikos

orikos Praetorian from Orikosia

Really interesting civs, especially Muscovy, Naples and Akhenaten.
    So who from this list will have the abbey that you mentioned when you released Francia?
    And when you say Romania, you mean Wallachia with Vlad the Impaler?

9. Bezhukov

Bezhukov Deity

Loving playing all the new civs, especially the warlike ones (and I'm usually a builder). Only just encountered my first bug: playing as the Danes, attempting to send an Inquisitor to a (conquered) Papal States Rome causes a CTD. I guess the mod never expected that to happen.

10. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Small thing with the France split, Napoleon's alpha icon does not match his colored one.
    So sometimes he has an eagle standing over a big N and other times he just has the eagle and lightning bolts.

11. Phalanx300

Phalanx300 Chieftain

Wow this looks amazing, I'll be sure to check it out. Did you also post the bias of the leaders somewhere?

Also do you take suggestions? I have some in mind for the Dutch nation.

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

We know who to thank for aligning everything already ;)

Romania under Vlad, yes. I'll be calling it Romania instead of Wallachia in the same Firaxian manner, and it'll include features of Wallachia, Moldavia and... the other one...

:lol: I'm not sure if that's a feature or a bug. But most likely just a happy coincidence.

True.

The AI biases are in the mod folder, under Core/Leaderhead.sql

I don't take suggestions :p But you're always free to propose civs that my interests might already align with.

None from the list, it would possibly go to Ireland.

13. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Playing as the Papal States, I made a decision and then all of my decisions disappeared. Lua logs yielded this:
    Code:
    [993190.859] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's The Papal States (v 10)\Lua\Sukritact's Decisions Support\JFD_PapalStatesDecisions.lua:65: bad argument #2 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
    Also, Hannibal's Diplomacy is a little messed up.

14. orikos

orikos Praetorian from Orikosia

So Ireland joins the list?

15. Natan35

Something has just occurred to me: i checked the list of civs with compatibility to the civilization IV traits mod, and...
    Why Arminius isn't there? I know you already messed a lot with this civ, but can you please add compatibility?

16. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this.

Ah yes, the day Natan learned to use the Internet. I remember that, 'twas a dark day.

And coincidentally I read the synagogue comment on the Khazars for the first time just today; that gave me a good laugh too.

The Empire of JFD (and Janboruta's) dominance over the Northern Hemisphere is secure! I'm guessing there are no plans to expand into the Southern Hemisphere though. with the exception of that sheep island Even world-spanning empires have limits.

17. Natan35

Yeah, it was dark.:p
    :)p, i joined civfanatics because of this thread)

18. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

Hey JFD,

I'm now starting researching possibilities to make the dynamic civilizations I mentioned in the other thread. Now I'm planning an "Ultimate France" -civilization, composed of your French civilizations, upgrading itself like your Sardinia-Piedmont. The civilization wouldn't change completely, but it's meant to offer an unique decision/mission-based playstyle to evolve the ancient Franks to the modern-day France. It's not meant to be balanced, but more of an experiment.

What I'm asking, is that can I use your civilizations and their art assets as the base for the mod? Be it successful, I might consider releasing it, if it's OK? You, Janboruta and all the other rightful modders would of course get the right credits for the composition. :)

19. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

This would be so. Friggin. Good.

(Also I uploaded two France designs, in case you forgot. :lol:)

20. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

In YnAEMP, your Alternate Casimir III does not show up. He shows up in "normal" game w/o the mod. Sigismund II shows up in both types of game (YnAEMP and without it).