1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Hmm... "teachings of the walrus"

2. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Henry VIII would be an interesting Civ. I guess his UA would have something to do with faith/religion. Maybe being allowed to reform your religion without having to go down the piety route? Like:
    Church of England
    May choose reformation belief upon enhancing religion.

Obviously they'd need some sort of faith generating UB, unless we want another Byzantines.

3. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

I'm still hoping for Franco as an Alt Leader :)

4. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

JFD may be able to figure out how to pull such off a thing. Maybe by giving a 'hidden' policy that has the reformation choice deal attached to it. But so much of the beliefs-selection stuff is very hard to successfully mod. And some things are coded by Firaxis in such a way that they're essentially impossible to mod. Some things I've tried to fool around with have simply locked-up or crashed the game, while some have worked fine for the human player, but have crashed the game as soon as an AI player tried to found a religion and select a belief.

5. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

That's a shame. It's too bad there's so many things that are basically impossible to mod.

Is it possible for a civ to gain a policy without the prerequisites? Like Henry VIII having 'Reformation' without the two preceding policies? I know it's possible in IGE, but I have no idea if that would be doable.

6. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

You can certainly give a specific policy from lua. It ought to work correctly if all one did was to give the Reformation policy in this way.

I thought you were suggesting re-doing the belief selection page to add a direct pushbutton, etc., when Henry 8 selected an enhancer belief and as an integral part of the belief selection UI and system.

I once tried something really simple: adjusting the amount of faith required for 1st great prophet, 2nd and so on great prophets. Locked the belief selection UI.

And a while back when I tried to add buildings that could be purchased with faith from a founder and enhancer belief everything went well until approx the industrial era, wherein the game started crashing to desktop every turn on the AI players' turn processing, even though I took IGE action to ensure I was the player who was given the chance to select the beliefs. Using the same buildings and beliefs but making the beliefs follower beliefs eliminated the tendancy to the CTD. That was the only change I made in code or in the list of mods that were running.

7. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Well, it would be nice to add the pushbutton and all, but if that's not possible, then it'd have to be done another way I guess.

8. JimBobV

JimBobV Warlord

Another bug report for you unfortunately. So I was playing with Peter I of russia today and it appears that the graphic for the Two-decker is missing. The other mods I was playing with were your exploration continued, Events & Decisions, cultural diversity, and an assortment of your other civilization mods. I've tried reloading to no avail and I'm almost certain it's a problem with the mod. Sorry for unloading bug after bug on you.

EDIT: I also want to take this advantage to ask, what is the Grand Carrack from your England split? You say here it replaces the caravel but that makes no sense because it also says it can cross oceans immediately which any caravel can do. The civilopedia entry and strength seems to imply that it's a galleass replacement but that would make no sense either as after a bit of research it seems that a Nau is in essence just the Portuguese way of saying carrack, which would mean its a caravel. Please tell me my brain hurts.

9. Natan35

Using anno domini poves that you both are wrong... its about the size...
    (About the modpack thing, i know im late.. :p

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Fixed Peter. Thanks. As for the Grand Carrack, it replaces the Galleass. It's a mistake in the graphic.

11. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

hello i see you're working on ivan 4.
    i thought of possible uniques and want to share my ideas, maybe you'll find something of this interesting
    oprichniki: lancer replacement. unit icon - a severed dog's head; weaker but
    - provides +2 local happiness and +5 defense but -50% growth when garrisoned
    - can kill own citizens for some gold, proportional to city size (if empire is unhappy?); e.g. 10*size
    streltsy: musketman replacement, x2 fortification bonus, can build fort
    UA: maybe some variant of my conquest of siberia mod (see my sig) - create cities from captured barb camps

12. Natan35

He already did some Russias...

13. Fedatur

Fedatur Warlord

Sukritact made oprichniki decision for vanilla civ, so its possible that JFD may move it to Ivan IV and make another decision for vannila Russia.

14. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

So I finally decided to play as the holy roman empire today and:

Spoiler :

15. Natan35

Well, JFD, that's trolling...
    I just noticed: JFD sounds exactly like TarcisioCM. And like Tomtekh. And like the heretic viregel. though, we all know what you think of heresy...

16. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

Blood for the Blood God?

17. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

FTFY.

18. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

SQL for the SQL God!

19. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Hitler and Hannibal showed up in two separate games, one attempted, one current. Their introduction text was blank. Lots of mods are used, but LastSword's Tahiti's introduction text showed up.

Edit: Churchill is in the game and he's fine, so it's not just your civs that are the problem.

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh