1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

2. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

I've played the Norway mod (even having a quite sucsessfull game with it ATM), and I have to say (a bit late, I know) that I did really enjoy it, good work, I gave it an A+ now :)

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. mr.mare

mr.mare Chieftain

can you put the "swastika" flag instead of "iron cross" for nazi germany? thanks for the mods by the way

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

7. mr.mare

mr.mare Chieftain

tnx JFD, I have swastika flak now

8. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

My attempt at a diplomacy screen for Te Rauparaha:

Spoiler :

It's not great but it's better than any of the other images out there, haha. If you want the dds file let me know.

9. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

After some editing, here is a better version of my Te Rauparaha diplomacy scene:

Spoiler :

It is based off this image:

Spoiler :

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

11. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

DDS attached.

I go by BENRBUSH on steam workshop so that's probably a better name to credit me with. Thanks!

Attached Files:

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

13. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

The fallback image for Te Rauparaha is referencing Charlemagne's diplomacy screen.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I thought I should make an update on the status of my civs, for anyone interested.

I still have two civs left to update for BNW: the Papal States and Venice. The Papal States I'm still working on their new UA, which I want to be more active than currently, and Venice will be updated alongside my HRE mod, which will adopt Venice's vanilla UA.

I can't say how long the HRE will take, as I'm learning just how hardcoded the Venetian UA is. My plan was to grant them a settler when Guilds was discovered to found the Free Imperial City of Lubeck; a special city which would serve as your economic center. However, giving the HRE the <NoAnnexing> tag prevents any unit from being able to found cities (presumably once the Capital has been founded), whether they are Settlers or not and without it they lose the means to purchase in puppeted city-states, partially invalidating the benefit of Lubeck. It will take some thought.

15. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

Looking forward to the Papal States update. So will HRE be able to found cities like other civs or will it function like BNW Venice? Seems a bit strange for it to work like Venice given that it was a pretty large empire.

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It will function more like Venice, as the point is that it was only nominally an Empire (just as it was only nominally Holy or Roman). Instead, it will rely upon having as many puppets as possible (from whom the HRE will receive extra delegates) - but of those puppets it will be able to designate three Free Imperial Cities - i.e. the cities over which the Emperor had direct authority (such as Lubeck) - that gain added benefits for trade and Great Merchant (Diplomat) generation and that will function as normal cities.

Of course, Venice will be changed to compensate and an alternative version will be available for those who still don't like the restrictions, but I feel the HRE suits the mechanic better than Venice.

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

Excellent! I'm looking forward to playing with it once Firaxis sorts the mod text issues out. So I'm guessing you've given BNW Venice the city list from your G&K mod?

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

I've played a couple of games against Holy Rome and they don't appear to puppet any city states. It might be a good idea to give them a free diplomat at some point in the game (say upon discovering writing).

Edit: I've made the tweak myself and I'm going to see how the AI goes with it in my next game.