JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I'm working up American city lists right now. Washington is based on 13 Colonies and the frontier up to 1860 (Manifest Destiny), Lincoln is on Northern cities during the Civil War, and FDR is the default city list with only some minor alternations to the top 15. Here he is:

Spoiler :
Washington
New York
Detroit
Philadelphia
Los Angeles
Chicago
Boston
Buffalo
San Francisco
Atlanta
Houston
St. Louis
Seattle
Portland
Miami

All I've really done is elevate Detroit and Buffalo. That's pretty much necessary if you're gonna invoke the Arsenal of Democracy. The rest of the city list is fine, esp. for representing the New Deal and onward. Not to tell you what to do, but I'd package the new Washington city list with FDR because I'm gonna guess you'll take the B17 from him already.

Excellent. Thank you very much. I'll include this re-arrangement for Roosevelt, and look forward to Lincoln's and Washington's lists revised.

Forgot to mention, Sverdlovsk should be reverted to Yekaterinburg. It's iconic as one of the three capitals (alongside Omsk and Ufa) of White Movement, successfully crushed by Soviet Russia.

Interesting. I'll make that amendment. Thanks.

Did you look at the database.log file?

I did:

Very strange. I can't do much to help, I'm afraid; somehow the text entries for both Armenia and Lithuania are created twice when you load your mods, which is what causes the text file to not load. However, I can't imagine what other mod would be causing that - I use Armenia and Lithuania together without problems. Perhaps I have accidentally left something in one of my older mods that I shouldn't have. Are you using any of my mods that aren't listed in the OP of this thread (e.g. Papal States, Roosevelt, Maori, etc.)?

Lincoln city list:

Spoiler :
Washington
New York
Philadelphia
Brooklyn
Baltimore
Boston
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Chicago
Louisville
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Milwaukee
Cleveland
Lowell
New Haven
Newark
Allegheny
Syracuse
Harrisburg
Wilmington
Manchester
Dayton
Indianapolis
Columbus
Worcester
Utica
Gettysburg

Washington:
Spoiler :
Philadelphia
Boston
New York
Baltimore
Charleston
Savannah
Detroit
Providence
Trenton
Jamestown
Raleigh
New Orleans
St. Louis
Concord
Hartford
Annapolis
Cincinnati
Lexington
Cleveland
Plymouth
Salem
Santa Fe
Albany
Richmond
Saratoga
Ticonderoga
Independence
Oregon City
Yorktown

I pulled these from census data of the largest cities, while also including prominent cities in the periods that aren't necessarily large. Feel free to make any changes! I can have a UK list ready to go by the time that releases.

I used the Papal States, but they are gone now and the same bug appears.
List of your mods:
HRE
Hungary
Norway
Franks
Vandals
Germanies
Russias
Ottomans
USSRs
Italy
Prussia
USA
Titles
Cultural Diversity

Ah, if I'm going to guess, it'll be Cultural Diversity. Try loading Cultural Diversity AFTER Armenia and Lithuania and see if that works. I may have forgotten to add a reference to one of the two (or both), so it's not doing that automatically.

Lincoln city list:

Spoiler :
Washington
New York
Philadelphia
Brooklyn
Baltimore
Boston
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Chicago
Louisville
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Milwaukee
Cleveland
Lowell
New Haven
Newark
Allegheny
Syracuse
Harrisburg
Wilmington
Manchester
Dayton
Indianapolis
Columbus
Worcester
Utica
Gettysburg

Washington:
Spoiler :
Philadelphia
Boston
New York
Baltimore
Charleston
Savannah
Detroit
Providence
Trenton
Jamestown
Raleigh
New Orleans
St. Louis
Concord
Hartford
Annapolis
Cincinnati
Lexington
Cleveland
Plymouth
Salem
Santa Fe
Albany
Richmond
Saratoga
Ticonderoga
Independence
Oregon City
Yorktown

I pulled these from census data of the largest cities, while also including prominent cities in the periods that aren't necessarily large. Feel free to make any changes! I can have a UK list ready to go by the time that releases.

Thanks. That's very neat. I'll have to devote some thought to possibly redesigning Washington and include his new city-list in a separate mod, akin to Germany and the Ottomans (as I don't know when I'll get to updating Roosevelt).

Ah, if I'm going to guess, it'll be Cultural Diversity. Try loading Cultural Diversity AFTER Armenia and Lithuania and see if that works. I may have forgotten to add a reference to one of the two (or both), so it's not doing that automatically.

Thanks. That's very neat. I'll have to devote some thought to possibly redesigning Washington and include his new city-list in a separate mod, akin to Germany and the Ottomans (as I don't know when I'll get to updating Roosevelt).

Sounds good to me. I love what you've done with Bismarck and Suleiman; I think the concept for Washington as expressed in the base game just needs to be made more interesting.

Thanks, I'll see, if it works (both of the problematic countries are mentioned in this mod).

Nope :(. The descriptions don't work.

What happens if, when playing as stalin, you invade another civilization that shares your ideology?

Btw, I invaded sweden before any of us had choosen an ideology and my own units took attrition damage. And since I play with lots of mods, there's no way of knowing which one is causing this bug.

Yup, the problematic mod is the Cultural Diversity. After disabling it both countries had proper descriptions.

I can't really do much for either without experiencing the problem myself. But if your unit is not gaining the Soviet Union promotion upon entering Swedish borders, the attrition is not from the UA.

You'll take attrition damage from invading a civilization that is ideologically aligned with you. But perhaps you deserve as much :p

Yup, the problematic mod is the Cultural Diversity. After disabling it both countries had proper descriptions.

Hm. I'll have to look into this. Sorry about the problem. But thanks for bringing it up.

I can't really do much for either without experiencing the problem myself. But if your unit is not gaining the Soviet Union promotion upon entering Swedish borders, the attrition is not from the UA.
Oh I forgot to mention, they do got the promotion.

You'll take attrition damage from invading a civilization that is ideologically aligned with you. But perhaps you deserve as much :p
:lol:

Oh I forgot to mention, they do got the promotion.

Okay, just updated Stalin with a change in the code that may or may not fix the issue. Regardless, it would seem that the IS-2 wasn't working as intended, so I've fixed that too. Also added Stalin's city-list. Stalin won't take attrition damage in the borders of civs that share your ideology when you're at war, now, also.

Hm. I'll have to look into this. Sorry about the problem. But thanks for bringing it up.

I think that there are some additional texts which do not exist in LT description (such as "Pagan Bastion" and "Pagan Resistance") in the text of CD mod and these thingys cause the problems.

OK. So i dunno what causes the problem :(

From GameText.xml
Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_YEKATERINBURG">
<Text>Stalingrad</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_SVERDLOVSK">
<Text>Sverdlovsk</Text>

From Civilizations.sql
Spoiler :
('CIVILIZATION_JFD_USSR_STALIN', 'TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_STALINGRAD'),
('CIVILIZATION_JFD_USSR_STALIN', 'TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_YEKATERINBURG'),

Looks like Stalingrad's name doesn't exist and Yekaterinburg is called Stalingrad.

By the way, I meant Yekaterinburg should be in Lenin's list, not Stalin's. He should have Sverdlovsk.

Edit: Found typo. Should be Ulyanovsk.
Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_ULYANOVAK">
<Text>Ulyanovak</Text>

Spoiler :
('CIVILIZATION_JFD_USSR_STALIN', 'TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_ULYANOVAK'),

Edit 2: Missing Z.
Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_ARZAMAS-16">
<Text>Aramas-16</Text>

Extra Y.
Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_TOLYATTI">
<Text>Toylyatti</Text>

From GameText.xml
Spoiler :
<Text>Stalingrad</Text>
</Row>
<Text>Sverdlovsk</Text>

From Civilizations.sql
Spoiler :

Looks like Stalingrad's name doesn't exist and Yekaterinburg is called Stalingrad.

By the way, I meant Yekaterinburg should be in Lenin's list, not Stalin's. He should have Sverdlovsk.

Spoiler :
<Text>Ulyanovak</Text>

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
<Text>Aramas-16</Text>

Sorry. Rushing a bit, I guess. Fixed now.

From GameText.xml
Spoiler :
<Text>Stalingrad</Text>
</Row>
<Text>Sverdlovsk</Text>

From Civilizations.sql
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
<Text>Ulyanovak</Text>

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
<Text>Aramas-16</Text>

Extra Y.
Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JFD_STALIN_TOLYATTI">
<Text>Toylyatti</Text>

Heh. Your crazy city names start blurring my english eyes :lol: I'll fix that too.

Top Bottom