1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. hokath

hokath King

As promised, a playthrough with Armenia!

Unfortunately I encountered a bit of an issue, which was that the person who founded the first religion was set upon (it turned out), by the Huns and the Inca, and as a result both the UA and the Vank special effect stopped working!!! :( :D !

So while I would like to give feedback on all the cool interactions I had based on religions and mountains and whatever else, I can sadly only comment on:
    • Firstly the colour scheme. I felt far and away the most fabulous of all the pretenders
    • The vank. Could it give the +2 faith if *2* tiles away, rather than one? I know it is already powerful, but I really feel like 2 tiles is better. I have a mod to make the observatory work the same way which I am a big fan of. If anything it just reduces the variance.

Here's the screenshot rundown, if anyone wants to see me lose, again.
    http://imgur.com/a/MTQdP#59

Settings are Communitas, epic, 13 civs (unlucky for some), immortal

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

No one will be satisfied until every UA is stripped down and discarded.

Erm, no. Why would it? There is absolutely no modding precedent for that.

I don't really want to force the player like that. Yes, the Autocracy tenet and the UA do the same; and they do stack.

Heh, bad luck. I'll consider the mountain adjustment, thanks.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Updated Lincoln so that the wartime bonus now includes defensive wars.

Update Stalin:

• IS-2 now replaces the Tank as Stalin's UU. Same attributes as the previous Levy.
    • IS-2 ability to attack twice in friendly and ideologically allied territory can now carry with upgrades.

Stalin - The Soviet Union (BNW) Download Subscribe

Spoiler :

The Soviet Union - Stalin
    Credits:

JFD - Author
    Janboruta - Artwork (Stalin, IS-2, Commissariat, Soviet Map)
    danrell - Graphics (IS-2)
    Peace Theme - James Hannigan Journey to Pugachev
    War Theme - Call of Duty 5: Soviet Song

Includes internal support for: Tomatekh's Historical Religions Mod, Ethnic Units, Gedemon's YnAEMP.

4. mattygp90

mattygp90 Lord & Steward of Gondor

As always JFD, a beautifully refined mod. I think the Russia option with Peter was beautifully done and the attention to detail in your mods is incredible. Can't wait to see your plans for Hungary. Have you ever considered a Belgium mod, btw?

5. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

6. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

Is there going to be an Ivan of Russia too?

I think the Soviet Tank is an absolutely fantastic unit, along with their great UU and Stalin's UU

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Considered and designed :) It's been on my list for a while.

No, not for now. For the moment, Peter's Streltsy covers the time of the early Tsardom. The final (next) Russian will be to round out the historical development that I have already; a period covered by none yet of my Russian civs + Catherine.

Very strange. I can't do much to help, I'm afraid; somehow the text entries for both Armenia and Lithuania are created twice when you load your mods, which is what causes the text file to not load. However, I can't imagine what other mod would be causing that - I use Armenia and Lithuania together without problems. Perhaps I have accidentally left something in one of my older mods that I shouldn't have. Are you using any of my mods that aren't listed in the OP of this thread (e.g. Papal States, Roosevelt, Maori, etc.)?

8. mattygp90

mattygp90 Lord & Steward of Gondor

Awesome! It's one that I've always been a bit confused about why one hasn't been done. What were your thoughts for Hungary? I also think Italy is my favourite of your mods tbh...

9. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

Hmmm...what could the last Russia be?

I've decided to man up and use some of your alternate leaders ,just because theyre so cool. Here's a thought, though - what about differing city lists? Like doesn't Lincoln just use Washington's City List? You could create a city list for Lincoln that started with Washington and excludes the South, while Washington could have Boston or Philadelphia as the capital and second city, and go from there. FDR could have the current city list. The same could probably be done with Hitler and the USSRs (Which I know do have some tweaks to the city list) with a focus on the cities constructed by those two empires. I think this could be done with a lot of these sorts of civs, including the UK. There'd still be plenty of overlap, I just think it'd be more flavorful!

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I think I've reached a satisfactory point with Hungary. I just need to fix the UA to only work after you've founded a pantheon.

Maybe in the future. A lot of work for little result for now.

11. SuperWaffle247

I agree - I can do the research if you'd like.

Also, I really like the choice of the IS-2 - it even bears his name. Bummer, though - I was just about to hit the Modern Era in my Stalin game. I think tank-spam is more fun than infantry spam.

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Feel free. I will certainly implement what you bring.

Agreed; my vapid knowledge of military history and tanks is the only reason I never went with a Tank replacement before. Thank Janboruta for the quick turnaround for the icon.

13. TheLohoped

TheLohoped Known today as TLPD-AVW

Interesting. That means that this civ is either Muscovy or Novgorod, precursors to Tsardom (considering there already is a terrific Kievan Rus' civ), either Russian Republic, enemy of the Communist Russia, either everybody's most requested Putin civ. :lol:

By the way, I tried to come up with a rough city list for Stalin. Lots of cities named after commie leaders. I tried to avoid cities existing in Catherine's list if they weren't iconic enough in USSR.
    Spoiler :
    Moscow
    Leningrad (St. Petersburg) - after Lenin
    Kiev
    Minsk
    Kharkov
    Stalingrad (Volgograd) - after Stalin
    Sverdlovsk (Yekaterinburg) - after Sverdlov
    Gorky (Nizhniy Novgorod) - after Maxim Gorky
    Krasnodar
    Vladivostok
    Novosibirsk
    Krasnoyarsk
    Kuybyshev (Samara) - after Kuybyshev
    Baku
    Tbilisi
    Alma-Ata (Almaty)
    Tashkent
    Omsk
    Ufa
    Chelyabinsk
    Sevastopol
    Molotov (Perm) - after Molotov
    Kaliningrad - after Kalinin, conquered Königsberg
    Riga
    Tallin
    Kazan
    Odessa
    Kirov - after Kirov
    Ulyanovsk - after Lenin (Ulyanov)
    Dnepropetrovsk - after Petrovskiy
    Stalino (Donetsk) - after Stalin
    Khabarovsk
    Tolyatti - after Tolyatti
    Barnaul
    Ustinov (Izhevsk) - after Ustinov
    Ordzonikidze (Vladikavkaz) - after Ordzonikidze
    Ashgabat
    Stalinabad (Dushanbe) - after Stalin
    Novokuznetsk
    Tselinograd (Astana)
    Karaganda
    Frunze (Bishkek) - after Frunze
    Shcherbakov (Rybinsk) - after Scherbakov, was also called Andropov from 1984-1989
    Arzamas-16 (Sarov) - why not to include a secret nuclear city with a weird name in the end of the list?

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Excellent. Thanks! I'll be sure to add this list. Would this be appropriate for Lenin as well, do you think?

15. SuperWaffle247

I love that list, especially the inclusion of non-Russian Soviet cities and the nuclear one at the end. In my opinion, while it's definitely more of a Stalinist list than a Lennist one, I think it's still apropriate.

16. TheLohoped

Lenin's list should have Baltic cities removed (Riga, Tallin, Kaliningrad), Stalin-cities reverted to previous names (Stalingrad to Tsaritsyn and lowered to the middle of the list), city of Trotsk (Gatchina) added. Leningrad was named Petrograd before Lenin's death, same for Ulyanovsk (Simbirsk). I'd also revert Molotov to Perm because he was friend of Stalin.

Well, the idea of USSR was that all republics were equal so I spiced up the list with western and central asian cities.

Also I just now have thought about Attila settling Arzamas-16 before researching Mathematics. :eek:

17. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

Muscovy then?

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I can't, of course, say what it is :) Just that it's another leader to Russia.

Thanks. I'll add these lists in now. Much appreciated.

19. SuperWaffle247

I'm working up American city lists right now. Washington is based on 13 Colonies and the frontier up to 1860 (Manifest Destiny), Lincoln is on Northern cities during the Civil War, and FDR is the default city list with only some minor alternations to the top 15. Here he is:

Spoiler :
    Washington
    New York
    Detroit
    Philadelphia
    Los Angeles
    Chicago
    Boston
    Buffalo
    San Francisco
    Atlanta
    Houston
    St. Louis
    Seattle
    Portland
    Miami

All I've really done is elevate Detroit and Buffalo. That's pretty much necessary if you're gonna invoke the Arsenal of Democracy. The rest of the city list is fine, esp. for representing the New Deal and onward. Not to tell you what to do, but I'd package the new Washington city list with FDR because I'm gonna guess you'll take the B17 from him already.

20. TheLohoped

Forgot to mention, Sverdlovsk should be reverted to Yekaterinburg. It's iconic as one of the three capitals (alongside Omsk and Ufa) of White Movement, successfully crushed by Soviet Russia.