1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

No, it doesn't, it makes perfect grammatical sense as it is guys; a comma would make it grammatically incorrect.

2. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

No, I was just meaning to help understand the phrasing of it, not in terms of actual grammar.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

If a comma went there, that would suggest Hannibal is threatening you with turmoil (just because you seek with Carthage, whatever that means on its own :p), but that comment is the premise to Hannibal's actual threat (he gonna mess you up).

4. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

Hey, JFD, I actually have a bug to report.

I have been playing a modpack I made for myself - (your enlightenment civs, InfoAddict, Communitas Map, CIV Traits, CulDiv, E&D, EUI, UCI, More Luxuries and MorePantheons - nothing too spetacular or unique about it).

For some reason, Peter the Great does not have any meeting responses at all. In fact, it seemed as if he was missing the entire diplomacy file.

5. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Could you possibly messed something up during the modpack's creation?

(Don't kill me if I'm wrong)

6. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

By the way was there any plan about the same UB of both Soviet Unions? I know there is no art possibility for a while, but how about giving Stalin the Katyusha rocket launcher and Lenin the commissariat? :)

7. Wistfulness

Wistfulness Chieftain

Are any of these civs workable with the community balance patch? I don't see it written on the steam pages so I'm not sure:

Papal States (Pius IX)
    Francia
    Armenia
    Anglo-Saxon

Also the following ''alternate leader'' civs seem to change the original civ so it shouldn't work in theory too well, but it still lists compatibility on the steam page. Can you confirm if this is correct?

Kingdom of Norway (changes Denmark)
    Kingdom of Hungary (changes Austria)

Thank you for your time and great work with all these civs.

8. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Hmm, JFD, will you update the Denmark-Norway? it seem buggy with EE or CID...

9. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

I'm guessing that's because of how EE modifies the Ski Infantry.

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Burned out, so taking a break, but will keep that in mind.

Funnily enough, those four are ones I haven't yet updated properly for the CBP.

No, the latest updates (which includes Norway) automatically allows for CBP compatibility. For instance, with Norway, Denmark's Longboat is removed in favour of CBP's Jelling Stones. Hungary is another that hasn't been updated, though.

11. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

Playing as Bohemia and wanted to reclaim some land swiped by a rival's great general building a citadel. But the Tabor does not have that ability. At least I was unable to do so from the options listed. I then tried different locations and no dice. That would be very disappointing if that were truly the case. Love the citadel bombs.

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Well, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed, as the Tabor doesn't have the ability to construct Citadels (says so in the help and strategy, but I understand that's no as obvious with GP). Tabors are purposely designed to be retained.

13. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

It's all good. It's just that I could really use that ability in my current game. Keep up the amazing work!

14. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

Hey bossman, found an odd little glitch or something.

I decided I'd start up game as Elizabeth, so I went and found her in the list of civs. Everything fine, Grand Carrack, Playhouse, New Icon. However, when I selected her and it took me back to the overview, it displayed the Grand Carrack, the Playhouse, and the regular England Symbol in red and white that you moved to Victoria.

In game it changes her Decision icons to default England, however the coloration is still the proper red and gold.

15. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Are you quit and re-load in the middle of the game?

16. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

No...? I'll try that then.

17. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Wait, when you haven't enable any mods, is Eliz' England your 'default' civ when you start a game?
    If yes, that would cause some strange issues of art files loading after you enable a mod which change the art of your 'default' civ.

No idea why, but this always happens. The only way(as far as I know) to avoid this is start a game without any mods using another civ(in order to change your default civ), then quit the game(to desktop), then restart the game and enable your mods and play Eliz's England…

18. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

I have Victoria and Henry enabled, I presume it's just a problem with the order I enabled them in or something silly like that.

Here's a visual aid should my actual statement be too confusing.
    Spoiler :

19. Gizomot

Gizomot Chieftain

Will JFD make a multiplayer pack for these incredible nations? The current links online are broken. Would be so lovely to try it out with a friend or two. Merry Christmas!

20. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

I think he plans to, but in a while. I was actually planning on testing the updated ones now that my final projects have finished, so I could provided a DL link for that.