JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Thanks for the Mussolini update - in a similar vein, do you have any plans to utilise the Caio Duilio-class icon now that Mussolini will no longer be needing it?

Teddy is looking sweet, awesome to see the Rough Rider icon from so long ago finally getting put to use - alos congrats on getting through all of the WW1 civs in such a short time (if we don't count the hiatus :p) - really interested to see how the excursion to the Balkans and other projects go!

That ironclad model+icon that was used was just the CSS Virginia from the Civil War scenario. I'd be more than happy to see it only in the context of early armoured warships, but it might trigger me if used for anything from after the year 1870. :p

JFD civs that requires the CP... Managed to avoid it so far but now I suppose I just have to learn to like it...

Damn you... sir!

Mussolini's Battleships really ought to auto-sink when attacked, or else run away and mothball themselves in the nearest friendly city. Especially if they're being attacked by Churchill's England.:)

His Infantry, of course, should auto-disband when attacked by a unit from a civ of equal or higher technology, unless there's a unit from an Italian ally nation within two tiles of the battle. :)

When/if Innocent gets released, will CP now be a requirement for him as well? That would be disappointing to us Mac users who can't use CP and have been waiting for him for a long time..

I guess this depends how sexy the mechanics of this civ will be. Maybe his release is like the Mussolini update with two versions. :p

Teddy's civ custom wiki page is up. And boy, does that Rough rider look awesome. I also like the colors and the map.

If a new JFD civ is really soon incoming he prepares the wiki, so I guess it can't be very long until the civ is here.

If a new JFD civ is really soon incoming he prepares the wiki, so I guess it can't be very long until the civ is here.

Having some complications with DonStamos' part of the UA, so will be taking longer than anticipated to finish. Still, not too long :p

I guess this depends how sexy the mechanics of this civ will be. Maybe his release is like the Mussolini update with two versions. :p

Hahahahahhahahaha. No. Mussolini only has two versions because he was a pre-existing civ.

When/if Innocent gets released, will CP now be a requirement for him as well? That would be disappointing to us Mac users who can't use CP and have been waiting for him for a long time..

As much as I sympathize in these cases, the matter is that all civs will be requiring the CP. Mac users will have access to only those pre-existing civs. Disappointing as it may be, I think I've been generous enough with my time over the years, and now I simply have to look at ways of cutting back on the time that I spend modding.

As much as I sympathize in these cases, the matter is that all civs will be requiring the CP. Mac users will have access to only those pre-existing civs. Disappointing as it may be, I think I've been generous enough with my time over the years, and now I simply have to look at ways of cutting back on the time that I spend modding.

What are the upsides to modding with CP anyway? I'm sure loads of people would like to know which features were quicker and easier using it.
I for one would like to know how if i could use it to improve my modding.

What are the upsides to modding with CP anyway? I'm sure loads of people would like to know which features were quicker and easier using it.
I for one would like to know how if i could use it to improve my modding.

Here is a list of things from the mod that require the CP then.

While some things may be possible without the CP, they are infinitely easier to acccomplish with - for instance, Great General Points (which are a yield in CP - without this, I'd have to use Lua, as I didn't want the points to be city-based) and building a Courthouse anywhere (a simple tag, as CBP's Satrap does this).

Church of Holy Sepulchre is one of the Decisions, yes.

Think this is a decent summary.

CP has more consistent naming conventions. HasBuilding instead of IsHasBuilding and the like. Because I depend upon CP for CID, RtP, and ExCE, I habitually use HasBuilding, which will result in errors for vanilla, and will then requiring fixing. There are other examples, such as HasTech for the player object, which only exists for the team object in vanilla.

GrantPolicy() is a good substitute for the SetNumFreePolicies() exploit because it allows you to give and remove a policy without affecting social policy costs (whereas the latter method cannot preserve your policy costs if a dummy policy is removed, for instance, in Milan, where their dummy policy is only active during war/peace).

There is a plethora of GameEvents() added, which faciliate a greater array of effects - for instance, George V's WLTKD on Golden Age.

There is also a plethora of methods that can be invoked. I, for instance, use IsWithinDistanceOf or IsAdjacentTo frequently in order to faciliate unit-based effects without having to iterate through a unit's surrounding plots - which means I don't have to spend time hooking up Whoward's PlotIterators, and there is an increase in performance. A partial list can be seen here.

Yields are uniform. Faith and Culture will work where Production, Science, Gold, and Food do. As will Tourism, and new yields: Great General Points, Great Admiral Points, Population, Local Culture (borders), and Golden Age Points.

Yields that I use in my mechanic mods are accessible - Loyalty, Piety, Crime, Health, etc, as are their corresponding functions (GetStateReligion(), HasStateReligion(), ChangePiety(), etc.)

Certain functions are already built into the database structure - for instance, the ability to build Courthouses anywhere is a simply "CanBuildAnywhere" tag, as opposed to the ordeal that it is to facilitate this for vanilla.

Most of all, I don't have to switch between the CP and not CP just to work on my civs - which I would need to, as otherwise I may attempt to use tables only available to the CP.

These are just off the top of my head - there are certainly more.

CP has more consistent naming conventions. HasBuilding instead of IsHasBuilding and the like. Because I depend upon CP for CID, RtP, and ExCE, I habitually use HasBuilding, which will result in errors for vanilla, and will then requiring fixing. There are other examples, such as HasTech for the player object, which only exists for the team object in vanilla.

GrantPolicy() is a good substitute for the SetNumFreePolicies() exploit because it allows you to give and remove a policy without affecting social policy costs (whereas the latter method cannot preserve your policy costs if a dummy policy is removed, for instance, in Milan, where their dummy policy is only active during war/peace).

There is a plethora of GameEvents() added, which faciliate a greater array of effects - for instance, George V's WLTKD on Golden Age.

There is also a plethora of methods that can be invoked. I, for instance, use IsWithinDistanceOf or IsAdjacentTo frequently in order to faciliate unit-based effects without having to iterate through a unit's surrounding plots - which means I don't have to spend time hooking up Whoward's PlotIterators, and there is an increase in performance. A partial list can be seen here.

Yields are uniform. Faith and Culture will work where Production, Science, Gold, and Food do. As will Tourism, and new yields: Great General Points, Great Admiral Points, Population, Local Culture (borders), and Golden Age Points.

Yields that I use in my mechanic mods are accessible - Loyalty, Piety, Crime, Health, etc, as are their corresponding functions (GetStateReligion(), HasStateReligion(), ChangePiety(), etc.)

Certain functions are already built into the database structure - for instance, the ability to build Courthouses anywhere is a simply "CanBuildAnywhere" tag, as opposed to the ordeal that it is to facilitate this for vanilla.

Most of all, I don't have to switch between the CP and not CP just to work on my civs - which I would need to, as otherwise I may attempt to use tables only available to the CP.

These are just off the top of my head - there are certainly more.

TL;DR Version: Get a PC. :p

Top Bottom