1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Keniisu

Keniisu YouTuber | Modder

JFD, you came right on time with this mod :D
    I was working on the script for the 4th Mod Showcase right when you posted the T. Roosevelt mod. I plan to extend this one so it'll take longer to produce than normal (Which is normally 3-4 hours.)

EDIT: I run "Quick Turns" among other performance mods to increase the speed so maybe that might help TPangolin.

2. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Ayyyy, awesome to see Teddy (and his icons) and that the WW1 civs are finally technically complete (not counting Carol's eventual rerelease) - fantastic work, really hyped to try all of them in a game together!

Now, time to #BringOnTheBalkans ? :p
    (bbs pls no need 2 rush)

In terms of CP, I notice no serious increase in turn times on my rig - no idea how it would affect the CBR though.

3. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Thank you. In my current game, turn times take over 45 minutes at this point.

Thanks, but I don't use unit animations anyway. What other performance mods are you talking about?

4. Keniisu

Keniisu YouTuber | Modder

Um, do you mind giving me a bit? I can compile a list and send it your way as I know quite a few :)

5. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

JFD didnt even finished his first line of civs. :p Kalmar Union, the Pope and Harry Nixon are not released (even if Harry Nixon is a lie)

But I'm really excited for the April Speech of the Emporer.

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

For the benefit of those of us who aren't american, are this 'Theodore Roosevelt' and the old WW2 'Roosevelt' the same guy?

7. Typhlomence

Typhlomence Magical Tomomo

8. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

The community patch (without the balance patch and other add-ons) only changes the dll, right? I'm thinking of adopting it to play your new civs but I'm worried I'll have to reconstruct my mod list. I'm pretty much just using new civs and YNAEMP.

9. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

They were some level of cousins (3rd or 5th? I can't recall), and IIRC Teddy was the uncle of FDR's wife. So while they were fairly closely related they were not in fact the same guy.

*Awaits correction by Americans*

10. Chrisy15

Pretty much - it shouldn't affect civs or YnAEMP.

Thanks guys - I was sure that the guy from Night at the Museum wasn't meant to be in a wheelchair...

11. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Duke of Savoy

They were 3rd Cousins if I recall correctly.

12. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Well, now that's a way to make a civilization centered around Gunboat Diplomacy.

Uh, you sure you want this civilization in the battle royale? It's completly centered around City States, which the Battle Royale doesn't quite... use.

13. Chrisy15

Well hold up - if the MKIII uses the CP, then it'll have to use the CP 34 DLL. That means that there will be spaces for city states, meaning that city-state civs won't be disadvantaged!

That's how it is, right? 34 still allows for city-states, doesn't it?..

14. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

A 34 civ CBR would suck. Can you imagine how the game would play if every civ was Yakutia?

15. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Civs that cater towards City-States usually have their traits changed ala Mongolia and Churchill Mk.I!

16. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

Now that Teddy is released, will you rename the other Roosevelt to Franklin Roosevelt when you eventually update him?

Wasn't Gazebo working on a 43-civ DLL? While it's not ideal, perhaps someone could convince him to work on a 62-civ one?
    This problem aside, I think the Community Patch would be very beneficial to the BR. It would certainly help with many frustrating AI quirks, such as not being able to take cities right next to them.

17. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

I don't know, I feel the AI's incompetence is part of the charm of the CBR. If they did well all the time, that'd get boring fast.

18. Chrisy15

CP AI doesn't mean they suddenly become geniuses, but it does certainly give them a better chance. It wouldn't get boring because all civs would be smarter, and it'd be more exciting because more captures will happen, and the AI will actually bomb units rather than 0 health cities.

19. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

Quick question - can the Rough Rider adopt all Promotions of the Recon Unit line, or just Survivalism?

20. Chrisy15

In theory, it can get Survivalism II and III, and then the ExCE recon promotions that require those.