JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I don't know, I feel the AI's incompetence is part of the charm of the CBR. If they did well all the time, that'd get boring fast.

Well, I wish there are more relevant wars in last few part of CBR. Imagine what would you feel if you have to give the same rank that do nothing while account for few civ that actually do something.

and write about civ that do nothing and haiku or it will be rushed by TA_Knight and team.

Out of interest, do you still intend to work on Fall of Rome Deluxe and/or other scenario updates? I can understand that they are not priority what with new Civs, and updates to your older ones and gameplay kids taking up your modding time.

Quick question - can the Rough Rider adopt all Promotions of the Recon Unit line, or just Survivalism?

In theory, it can get Survivalism II and III, and then the ExCE recon promotions that require those.
Unless CP changes the basic behaviors of which units can select which promotions, no. In the base game Archery units cannot pick either Survivalism II or Survivalism III, even if they started life as a Scout or Pathfinder. The Survivalism promotions are tied directly within the game's XML to the Recon UnitCombat Type of units (UNITCOMBAT_RECON). They cannot be selected by any unit that is not UNITCOMBAT_RECON. Mounted unts are generally defined as UNITCOMBAT_MOUNTED.

I know JFD has achieved something similar with the Jaegar from Germany, which is able to adopt stuff from the Recon line.

I have some questions about the egypt civ pack.
Will Hatshepsut the egypt leader continue to be supported with bug fixes? Before the steam page was taken down several comments were mentioning a bug with the trade routes that were confirmed to be coming from that civ from a few different people.

On a side note, I think it would be very cool to see a civ with a historical female leader with some kind of science-victory oriented UA that encourages them to build tall. Tall female civs are very hard to come across anywhere, especially with good mod support.

I have some questions about the egypt civ pack.
Will Hatshepsut the egypt leader continue to be supported with bug fixes? Before the steam page was taken down several comments were mentioning a bug with the trade routes that were confirmed to be coming from that civ from a few different people.

On a side note, I think it would be very cool to see a civ with a historical female leader with some kind of science-victory oriented UA that encourages them to build tall. Tall female civs are very hard to come across anywhere, especially with good mod support.

Yup, Hatshepsut is broke :cry:

Umm... the upcoming Palmyria mod will be tall orientated, but that isn't out yet, obviously. LITE's Cleopatra's tall, as is TMK's Kongo. Then there's Eva Perón, who doesn't have E&D but has support for CulDiv, which covers her for most of JFD's mods.

Do I get royalties now?

Tbh, if you didn't get the complete edition for £10 in a steam sale, then you've gone wrong.

Wow, dude, way to snip at me for buying Civ before the Complete Edition. :( I made this account to post questions about modding. You can figure from there how long ago my initial purpose was.

As I hinted at, while I don't run a perfect, DLL-less, all DLC setup, the issue isn't DLC.

I have EUI and I intended to use these mods with modpacks, two things which often get in the way. And that is why I came here to learn why CP is required and express my forlorn that unfortunately I cannot use these mods the way I used to.

Yup, Hatshepsut is broke :cry:

Umm... the upcoming Palmyria mod will be tall orientated, but that isn't out yet, obviously. LITE's Cleopatra's tall, as is TMK's Kongo. Then there's Eva Perón, who doesn't have E&D but has support for CulDiv, which covers her for most of JFD's mods.

Do I get royalties now?
Thanks, Cleopatra looks exactly like what I've been looking for. I'm a big fan of ancient queens and heroines.

Well hold up - if the MKIII uses the CP, then it'll have to use the CP 34 DLL. That means that there will be spaces for city states, meaning that city-state civs won't be disadvantaged!

That's how it is, right? 34 still allows for city-states, doesn't it?..

Wait, there's already a 34 civ DLL for CP? Where? :o

Wow, dude, way to snip at me for buying Civ before the Complete Edition. :( I made this account to post questions about modding. You can figure from there how long ago my initial purpose was.

As I hinted at, while I don't run a perfect, DLL-less, all DLC setup, the issue isn't DLC.

I have EUI and I intended to use these mods with modpacks, two things which often get in the way. And that is why I came here to learn why CP is required and express my forlorn that unfortunately I cannot use these mods the way I used to.

Better late than never: :p

Well, you did say DLC first...

So the problem is you want to use the modpack method? I don't know how well that would work anyway.

Wait, there's already a 34 civ DLL for CP? Where? :o

I believe it had a folder in the Betas folder once; not sure if there was ever anything in there.

I swear I had made one. Maybe it didn't upload?

I'm pretty late here, but will your future mods need the Community Patch here, JFD?
And if so, would your earlier mods would be Community Patch only in the future too?

I'm pretty late here, but will your future mods need the Community Patch here, JFD?
And if so, would your earlier mods would be Community Patch only in the future too?

Yes and yes, although he'll keep Dropbox copies of the last pre-CP-requirement versions of existing civs when he updates them, so that Mac and Linux users can still play them.

Yes and yes, although he'll keep Dropbox copies of the last pre-CP-requirement versions of existing civs when he updates them, so that Mac and Linux users can still play them.

OK, that's nice to hear. I'm just worried that that if I borrow some lua code from JFD's mods and then I found that lua code only works with the Community Patch. But that shouldn't be a big concern.

Top Bottom