1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Hoop Thrower time traveler CONFIRMED

Tell me, is civ6 good?

2. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

Really? May and June definitely seems to be a hotspot.

With rj's out of the way, I think mine might be next :mischief:

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yes, this one:

Spoiler :

But it's yet to be Janified. I will accept no less than these nail protectors :D

Yup, 5th. I'll be 24 - Roman laws will no longer protect me from signing questionable business contracts :eek:

4. Taco Bell Man

Taco Bell Man Chieftain

When using Ynaemp v. 24, I only have 1 city-state when using huge maps. is there a way to fix this?

5. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I mean, if Hoop's taken to traveling back in time to before it's release for fun then something certainly went wrong in development :lol:

6. Taco Bell Man

Taco Bell Man Chieftain

I'm having a problem with YNAEMP v.24 with city-states. I only have at least one city state for using the huge earth map. Is there a way to fix this?

7. tmxk2012917

tmxk2012917 Prince

wow, my first time to see a color photo about her.

8. Karagan

Karagan Chieftain

Ouch! You killed me :cry: Jan's artwork for a Franco ' s Spain would be amazing (I love the icon with the Red and Gold colours)

Help me Obi Jan Kenobi! You are my only hope!

9. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Obi Jan Kenobi... That's a name I haven't heard for a long time.... Long time.

I'm getting too old for this sort of thing.

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Constantine v2:

[FONT=""Garamond"]Constantine (Rome)
    Download | Subscribe
    Works best with the Community Patch

[/FONT]

• Removed CP dependency. Where CP is not active, the extra HP for the Palatini is extra Combat Strength, and the Triumphal Arch cannot be built in non-occupied and does not yield GG points. To compensate, the TA yields 15 XP for units - this does apply when the TA is under construction.
    • Fixed an issue wherein Map Labels support pointed to Slavic instead of Mediterranean.
    • Fixed an issue wherein the Palatini extra Max HP would not work without CID.

11. tmxk2012917

tmxk2012917 Prince

george V's decisions are not shown after the update

Attached Files:

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I'll fix the issue with George. It was there before the update, but hidden by your load order.

A quick note on future civs:

I am truly looking to the conclusion of the Empire's expansions, what with the prospect of both Civ VI and the end of my undergraduate studies. So I want to forewarn people that I am only committed to seeing the following civs completed before the end: Bhutan, Philip II, Burgundy, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Wallachia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Jeremy Irons, [REDACTED], Cixi, Innocent III, and Margarethe I. That will bring Jan and I to 75 civs.

The remaining civs that I have variously expressed interest in will not necessarily be thrown out, but they are not ones that I am particularly committed to. Because I no longer plan on doing the Scramble for Africa Deluxe, I will almost certainly not be doing Leopold II, as he is too much trouble viz. Albert I. George III and Hannover were whimsies that came with the hype of the EE civs, but which has since abated. The Han and County Palatinate have never truly interested me. This leaves Yongle, Genoa, and Hawaii. Yongle and Genoa are there because I have long had solid designs for them, and where Yongle is interesting in his own right, Genoa is there to substitute the Venice I (nearly) started with - I am, however, not particularly attached to the civs/leaders themselves, merely the designs, so I am too bothered if they don't get done. And Hawaii is obviously there because Queen Lili is a kew lady - but whether she gets done is another story. There's also Ireland, but, as with Yongle and Genoa, I'm not particularly interested, although it feels somewhat wrong to outright dismiss them, on the basis that I'm Irish.

This is, of course, over as many months as it takes. But I wanted to prepare the Empire's subjects for the future.

13. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

Rip George III, Han Wudi, Ernst August, Ferdinand V, Chiang Kai Shek, Franco. :( :p

14. TranquilSilence

Somewhat sad news, tempered by the addition of Bhutan to the wiki and the inevitable hype that brings :p

75 civs is certainly nothing to sniff at, and I'm really looking forward to the few remaining territorial acquisitions of the empire (and the Lithuania update :p) - do you still intend to mod Civ VI however?

So long as Mr. Irons, Ireland and Vlad look semi-likely to see release I'll be a content and pacified subject.

15. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

Hm, I don't see the best pope there. Wonder what the future holds for him.

16. TranquilSilence

Hmmm?

Jeremy Irons (Alexander VI) and Innocent III are both accounted for.

17. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

Ah, so that's why there is a British Actor in the list. Needless to say, I was quite confused.

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yes, which is why I'm lightening the load. Of course, we'll know in the coming months how much this changes - whether Jan's artwork can be re-used in a manner and how moddable the game truly is. Otherwise, I think I'd only want to re-make a handful of civs (1 Pope (probably Pope Jeremy), Nicky, and Prussia for Jan (Poland/Poland-Lithuania too if they're absent)). I definitely won't have the time for 75 civs again and Jan'll get carpal tunnel if he had to as well :lol: *prays to Lord God Sid Meier that Louis will be leading France*

Bhutan'll be done in the next few days. Just events and diplo/DOM to do.

FTFY.

19. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

I don't see Sir Larry, Morgan, or James Earl anywhere in your list of leaders. This Ironic person may be good at the whole expositional impostration thing, but I simply cannot support your Resolution that Irony should be adopted as our World Religion.

BTW, we are not at war but I do intend to warn the world's other leaders about you.

20. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

An Irishmen in New Zealand? Your quite far from the emerald isles.

I suppose this was coming, but saddening none the less (whaa, less free stuff :p) Out of those, my heart goes out to Leopold, who has been an interesting character in my books. Since you will no longer be Deluxing Fall or Scramble ( :( ) could you talk about your religion plans for Fall? IIRC you said you had something fun planned.

How would you feel revisiting Into the Rennaisance? It's such a great big mod, it seems like a waste to not attempt to revive it. With new CP code and a completed Rise to Power, it may just work for everyone.