JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Are you planning to do many updates to preexisting Civs? If so, could you share with us whatever plan you have on that front?

All of JFD's civs will hopefully be getting updates once Sovereignty is released, of those it's probable that only Lithuania and the Holy Roman Empire will be seeing serious revisions, with the rest of the updates just being balance tuning, bug fixing and mod support.

EDIT; I guess this imperial proclamation also means that the China Split is realistically RIP - any chance that More Civs or someone else will pick up the Han and the other Chinese civs planned for the split?

Palatini don't require horses - intentional?

I've had the same experience as a previous poster, with no decisions loading as playing a WW1 civ. Italy this time, but I think I've had it with Clemenceau as well. These are the logs from the Italian playthrough.

Attachments

• Database.7z
    1.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Lua.7z
    14.7 KB · Views: 149
EDIT; I guess this imperial proclamation also means that the China Split is realistically RIP - any chance that More Civs or someone else will pick up the Han and the other Chinese civs planned for the split?

Well, my proclamation was also in consideration of Jan's position. I wouldn't be gaining much if I decided against doing something like Yongle and then Jan went and did it for More Civs. And Sukritact's too autonomous to be at Pouakai's command :p

I've had the same experience as a previous poster, with no decisions loading as playing a WW1 civ. Italy this time, but I think I've had it with Clemenceau as well. These are the logs from the Italian playthrough.

Some mod of yours is interfering with Sovereignty support.

He didn't even say "please".

Also, Egypt has such a long and rich history and he had to choose the most boringest leaders possible. :p This is more of a request to the Our World project. We've got our plate full here, and without any modern leaders, save for Bhutan and the already completed Putin.

Hey! In his defence Nasser was kind of a big deal, and seeing his post amount he can't be blamed for not using "proper etiquete"/unspoken rukes can he? I feel Jfd's releases can misguide some people into thinking he likes to do these civs (WWII, modern Russia, Lenin).

JFD and Jan,

Just wanted to say thank you for all the joy you have both provided to community and for all the hard work you put into all of your mods. Glad to see Innocent III will make the cut!

If you do end up doing mods for Civ 6, you should really think about setting up Kickstarter pages for each new civ and mod you want to do. You both deserve to be paid for your work. It's easier to actually make money off your work if you put a price on these things rather than asking for donations. I think the hunger for new civs for Civ 6 will be intense right out of the gate.

I'm happy that I could - and still can - provide all the new artwork for mods and create so much good stuff along with JFD (and others). But I don't do it for the money, even though it does look like a day job.

please help I don't know what I'm doing with my life

If you do end up doing mods for Civ 6, you should really think about setting up Kickstarter pages for each new civ and mod you want to do. You both deserve to be paid for your work. It's easier to actually make money off your work if you put a price on these things rather than asking for donations. I think the hunger for new civs for Civ 6 will be intense right out of the gate.

With lay knowledge of the law, I believe Firaxis would have legal cause to go after any Kickstarter money generated to develop mods, based on mods being subsidiary works.

With lay knowledge of the law, I believe Firaxis would have legal cause to go after any Kickstarter money generated to develop mods, based on mods being subsidiary works.

So in the US they'd be derivative works, and based on my (better then lay but I'm not allowed to practice law) knowledge I don't think Firaxis could sue, given that Firaxis has essentially given permission to modders to mod (they encourage it). You'd have to look at the relevant EULAs though.

I think kickstarting mods is not a good idea though, because if anything causes Firaxis to change its mind, it's that. They don't seem to mind the Patreons that some modders use, however, and if paid workshop content becomes a thing, that changes everything.

Derivative, yes. Thanks for the correction, I forgot the right word.

The paid mod thing on Steam, if it comes back, would have some of the money from the transactions be split between the modder, Valve, and the game publisher/developer.

I have no problem whatsoever with Patreon (and am pretty confused with the people who do), but I don't think I or a lot of other people could support mods where payment was necessary. Part of that is the principle, and the rest is my general lack of income.

Top Bottom