JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

I've noticed that when I have Louis in the game (but often not flagged to be used via the Advanced Start Mod) to get Napoleon's different UU and UA, that the normal Napoleon E&D events are missing. Did a test game with Louis left out completely and the E&D events showed back up.

Not sure if this is something relating to not using all the Community patch things or not.

Since this is the model of Teddys LS in Civ6:
Spoiler :

My main objection is the fact that he seems to have become morbidly obese; I know he wasn't the slimmest president ever, but in any of the best known pictures of him he wasn't near this heavy. I'm not disrespecting overweight people, just objecting to the fact that this weird decision means that Teddy looks nothing like he really did. This looks more like William Howard Taft:

Spoiler :

I do though like that they have chosen a more recent president than Washington though. Though the USA's GDP was still increasing as a percentage of the world's GDP, and the USA had not yet reached the apex of its power, which it wouldn't until after world war two, Teddy is still far closer to America's peak significance than Washington. Obviously Washington is still hugely important figure in history, but if they are going to only include one leader for each civilisation, I prefer it when Firaxis chooses leaders who represent their civilizatons at their greatest (for the same reason I feel like Elizabeth I and Wu Zetain aren't the best choices for those countries, particularly Wu, so I am glad to hear she has been switched out for Qin).

So, quick question: how many of you that use my civs also use the CP?

Well until I can upgrade my main computer to Windows 7 (yes I know it's 2016 and I'm still stuck w/Vista) I can't play CBP.

Also in the past, it seemed to conflict with mods I liked. However I think that isn't a problem as using the Enlightenment Mod and a mod which allows a chain of upgradable type buildings has kept me from using mods which in the past messed up CBP.

If anything, I'd like to use it so I can finally try out the Exploration Mod as well as use the special features of Civs like Louise III.

CP! CP! Not CBP! (Thank god for the name change.

CP = Community Patch. Fixes, optimized, and improves code.

CBP = Community Balance Patch. Like the CP, except with new and modified gameplay features, such as Corporations and a modified tech tree.

I ran Civ 5 with the CP on Win 7. If you can't, consult the Community Patch thread for help.

I always use CP because it just makes everything better. (With the exception of not being able to have 62+ Civ battle royals).

CP! CP! Not CBP! (Thank god for the name change.

CP = Community Patch. Fixes, optimized, and improves code.

CBP = Community Balance Patch. Like the CP, except with new and modified gameplay features, such as Corporations and a modified tech tree.

I ran Civ 5 with the CP on Win 7. If you can't, consult the Community Patch thread for help.

I always use CP because it just makes everything better. (With the exception of not being able to have 62+ Civ battle royals).

This is some nice, knightly work there, Sir Kesler :king:

My main objection is the fact that he seems to have become morbidly obese; I know he wasn't the slimmest president ever, but in any of the best known pictures of him he wasn't near this heavy. I'm not disrespecting overweight people, just objecting to the fact that this weird decision means that Teddy looks nothing like he really did. This looks more like William Howard Taft:

Spoiler :

I do though like that they have chosen a more recent president than Washington though. Though the USA's GDP was still increasing as a percentage of the world's GDP, and the USA had not yet reached the apex of its power, which it wouldn't until after world war two, Teddy is still far closer to America's peak significance than Washington. Obviously Washington is still hugely important figure in history, but if they are going to only include one leader for each civilisation, I prefer it when Firaxis chooses leaders who represent their civilizatons at their greatest (for the same reason I feel like Elizabeth I and Wu Zetain aren't the best choices for those countries, particularly Wu, so I am glad to hear she has been switched out for Qin).

Fortunately, and the Apostle Ed Beach willing, I'll make a mod that allows users to switch between the exaggerated Civ VI leader portrayals and Jan's more sincere portrayals for Civ V, which includes Teddy. I wouldn't expect Jan to do this for leaders that don't have corresponding art already (especially as I'm not one bit bothered by the Civ VI style, and actually really like it on its own merits - walrus Teddy ftw :D), but we've already got Cleo and Teddy covered.

Agreed that Teddy is refreshing. I deplore the traitor Washington and Lincoln has been done to death. Bring on the true, loud-mouthed, no-nonsense American :D

Hopefully Japan will become finally a Tenno as leader! :sleep:

And any news from the JFD Homefront (Duty of University / schedule)? I guess everyone has still wait for June? :)

Hopefully Japan will become finally a Tenno as leader! :sleep:

And any news from the JFD Homefront (Duty of University / schedule)? I guess everyone has still wait for June? :)

I have a report due on the 31st, which I must devote my time to entirely atm. After that, I have some light uni work and some exam study to do up until the 16th. From then until the 11th of July (and then probably a week or two thereafter as my Tri 2 courses begin, which usually entails bureaucratic and contextualising stuff), I will have a lot of time to catch up on things. Hopefully, I won't be bogged down by bug reports and the need to update everything, and can get straight to releasing Bhutan. I will try to work on the Philips thereafter, but will devote most of my efforts into getting Sovereignty done - as I want this released before Civ VI.

Air Logistics.

Thanks. Can having art files show up twice in the modinfo file cause graphical errors? I want to make sure I don't forget a dds file or something....

I have a report due on the 31st, which I must devote my time to entirely atm. After that, I have some light uni work and some exam study to do up until the 16th. From then until the 11th of July (and then probably a week or two thereafter as my Tri 2 courses begin, which usually entails bureaucratic and contextualising stuff), I will have a lot of time to catch up on things. Hopefully, I won't be bogged down by bug reports and the need to update everything, and can get straight to releasing Bhutan. I will try to work on the Philips thereafter, but will devote most of my efforts into getting Sovereignty done - as I want this released before Civ VI.

Thanks for the quick answer! :D Just take your time and bla bla bla... :p The only real question for me is, If Cixi is still the birthday thing (not the biggest drama if not).

Thanks for the quick answer! :D Just take your time and bla bla bla... :p The only real question for me is, If Cixi is still the birthday thing (not the biggest drama if not).

Doubt it. Unless Jan surprises me :p

Assuming they keep Bismarck for Germany, in a form somewhat similar to the one he appears in civ 5, the game might feel a tad bit over saturated with walruses...

Jesus confirmed as the Carpenter. Carthage confirmed as the Oysters.

I wouldn't use Mediafire...too much spam on their download pages (to the extent that mediafire links are autoremoved from steam workshop)...and from what I could understand of the notice I recieved a while back they are porting themselves over to a phone app (for lack of a better term) and aren't going to support desktop applications anymore.

Ok, I guess I misread the announcement I recieved a little: http://blog.mediafire.com/2016/05/on-to-new-things/

But they had already made it difficult for me to find the folder on my desktop of the files (and the link address info to those file downloads) that I had synched up to Mediafire Desktop. I unsubbed from the whole program and service because of my dissatisfaction with the spam and the new added difficulty of managing the files I had uploaded.

Have two drop boxes. Your current one should contain all of the custom Civs. A new one should contain all the gameplay mods. This may be a hassle, but such is the price of being a student without disposable income.

So, anyone recommend an alternative to Dropbox? Or should I upgrade to Pro (if that even covers the traffic issue)?

I've heard good things about OneDrive?

=

Wow. Mind blown.

How dare you scrutinize men of bushy mustaches and other associated facial hair! For if there are leaders that lack even those qualities then they are as feeble as the peasants they command :p

Top Bottom