1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

2. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

The first steam commenter was just somewhat ambiguous, but the second one cleared it up. They're talking about damage, not razing.

3. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Isn't that what the bConquest part of the function is for? Making sure the city was captured.

CityCaptureComplete has a bConqest variable, doesn't it?

4. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Yes, JFD didn't include it though.
    Code:
    GameEvents.CityCaptureComplete(PlayerID player, int capital, ResourceType x, ResourceType y, PlayerID newPlayer, int conquest, int conquest)
    Code:
    function JFD_Moscovy_CityCaptured(oldOwnerID, isCapital, plotX, plotY, newOwnerID)

5. Chrisy15

Yay - I can Lua from memory!

Why are there two conquest booleans? Do they do different things, or is it just Firaxis firaxing it up?

6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

If it weren't likely dead, I'd recommend this for TWATM quote list!

7. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

Since this is the model of Teddys LS in Civ6:
    Spoiler :

So I can only thank you very much JFD and Jan for this amazing WWI America.

8. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

At least we already have a good - albeit static - leaderhead to replace it in Civ VI. :cool: It seems this time around I'll be making new leaderheads for vanilla leaders, instead of those for additional modded ones.

9. OrderofOlav

OrderofOlav King of Procrastination

Haha! Well it looks nicely detailed so there is a plus, it isn't straight up lazy cartoony
    Cant wait to see the crazy proportions for leaders like Ghandi and Catherine!

10. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Teddy confirmed as Civ VI's token Walrus? :lol:

The real question is how long before someone mods in an alternate egyptian leader to replace the vanilla, and of course worst Ptolemy :p

11. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I'm thinking of making a Bomber 3rdUC for Nazi Germany (if I can find an appropriate unit skin). Is there an air promotion that allows a Bomber to attack twice?

12. BttLsht

BttLsht Chieftain

But I really like Civ 6 Teddy, BBM.

13. Chrisy15

Air Logistics.

14. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Time spent in Civ 6 forum have radicalize me to agree wholeheartly that worst Ptolemy is a bad choice for Egypt.

Well, at least there are leaderscene available. If all else fail, someone can make it from Civ4 thanks to Firaxis' art style. :p

15. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

You mean best Ptolemy?

TBH, the teddy blends in well with Civ VI's (more cartoonish than civ 5) style. The exaggerated bulk may not be pleasing to many (including me) but we should perhaps wait and see what they make other characters look like before determining to change the LH style through mods.

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

17. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

I've noticed that when I have Louis in the game (but often not flagged to be used via the Advanced Start Mod) to get Napoleon's different UU and UA, that the normal Napoleon E&D events are missing. Did a test game with Louis left out completely and the E&D events showed back up.

Not sure if this is something relating to not using all the Community patch things or not.

18. SMcM

SMcM Chieftain

My main objection is the fact that he seems to have become morbidly obese; I know he wasn't the slimmest president ever, but in any of the best known pictures of him he wasn't near this heavy. I'm not disrespecting overweight people, just objecting to the fact that this weird decision means that Teddy looks nothing like he really did. This looks more like William Howard Taft:

Spoiler :

I do though like that they have chosen a more recent president than Washington though. Though the USA's GDP was still increasing as a percentage of the world's GDP, and the USA had not yet reached the apex of its power, which it wouldn't until after world war two, Teddy is still far closer to America's peak significance than Washington. Obviously Washington is still hugely important figure in history, but if they are going to only include one leader for each civilisation, I prefer it when Firaxis chooses leaders who represent their civilizatons at their greatest (for the same reason I feel like Elizabeth I and Wu Zetain aren't the best choices for those countries, particularly Wu, so I am glad to hear she has been switched out for Qin).

19. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

Well until I can upgrade my main computer to Windows 7 (yes I know it's 2016 and I'm still stuck w/Vista) I can't play CBP.

Also in the past, it seemed to conflict with mods I liked. However I think that isn't a problem as using the Enlightenment Mod and a mod which allows a chain of upgradable type buildings has kept me from using mods which in the past messed up CBP.

If anything, I'd like to use it so I can finally try out the Exploration Mod as well as use the special features of Civs like Louise III.

20. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

CP! CP! Not CBP! (Thank god for the name change.

CP = Community Patch. Fixes, optimized, and improves code.

CBP = Community Balance Patch. Like the CP, except with new and modified gameplay features, such as Corporations and a modified tech tree.

I ran Civ 5 with the CP on Win 7. If you can't, consult the Community Patch thread for help.

I always use CP because it just makes everything better. (With the exception of not being able to have 62+ Civ battle royals).