JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Hello, JFD. I'm sorry, but I want to ask you something. I really want to play Muscovy mod, but there is a bug: Ivans UA was used on me and after war all my cities take maximum damage. Please, fix this.

I'm sure he'll fix it. Eventually. Last we've heard, his schedule is pretty full with game play mods and Bhutan taking the priority.

I would not raise your hopes for a fix coming soon.

Hi,
First of all, I really like your mods.
But always when I'm playing your mods my city management screen gets stuck:

Do you know how to fix this?
Edit: look on the top left, food wont show, border growth wont show, etc

I'm sure he'll fix it. Eventually. Last we've heard, his schedule is pretty full with game play mods and Bhutan taking the priority.

I would not raise your hopes for a fix coming soon.

I can't wait so long. Please, somebody can help me to fix it?

I can't wait so long. Please, somebody can help me to fix it?

I am curious as to why you can not. I don't speak for Chrisy, but he is the only Civ Fanatics member I know of that has created custom patches for mods. I would recommend that everyone learns how to code, but seeing as how that is not practical or possible for some, your only true option is to wait. Or hope the Emperor is benevolent and kind :p

I am curious as to why you can not. I don't speak for Chrisy, but he is the only Civ Fanatics member I know of that has created custom patches for mods. I would recommend that everyone learns how to code, but seeing as how that is not practical or possible for some, your only true option is to wait. Or hope the Emperor is benevolent and kind :p

Hey, I haven't done anything that important, have I?

Post lua log, since it'll probably be a mod conflict.

I'll found how to fix that problem, thanks.
Now I have a question about Peter the Great mod. Why in a text window is no text? In other mods everything works normally.
And it's not a mod conflict, because I tried to put him on a clear game.
Example:
Spoiler :

I'll found how to fix that problem, thanks.
Now I have a question about Peter the Great mod. Why in a text window is no text? In other mods everything works normally.
And it's not a mod conflict, because I tried to put him on a clear game.
Example:
Spoiler :

Mind sharing what the problem and solution were?

There's no text because JFD forgot to do greetings text for Peter. Diplo text is by far the worst part of adding civs.

Diplo text is by far the worst part of adding civs.

Yeah, you have to pretty much be a masochist like me to put yourself through that. Then again, I haven't tried to do it for historical figures yet. :mischief:

You can get away with only two pieces of diplo if you're lazy like me; I'm very impressed with the people who do every single piece.

I'll probably only ever do the full diplo if there's a guy who really needs it, like Bugsy.

I seriously wouldn't mind writing diplo text - but of course I haven't done it yet so I'm not sure how exactly it would go down. What's bad about it? Just the amount of text that has to be written? Or is it coding it in that's bad?

For one there's a lot of text if you're gonna do every line. The worst part for me is writing good dialogue that exudes a unique personality. When I can, I just edit some quotes that the person actually said to convey their personality and have something that doesn't sound lame. For example here's the quote Jose Marti says when he gets eliminated: "Don't bury me in the darkness like a traitor. I am a good man, and as a good man I will die facing the sun." I got that by paraphrasing a quote he had about death, which is actually one of my favorite quotes by him and sounds a lot cooler in Spanish because it rhymes. If there aren't enough interesting quotes, it becomes a massive struggle for me to make them sound interesting. I tend to only do about 10-15 lines of diplo text, even though I usually intend to write more but never do because I can never think of anything good and it just gets tedious after a while.

Aye. Still, I enjoy creative writing, so I'd be willing to test out writing dialogue if any mod creator is interested.

There's no text because JFD forgot to do greetings text for Peter.

Nope. The screenshot shows Isabella as the one without intro text, and Peter - who does have plenty of diplomacy text - does not have a unique interaction with Isabella. So I don't see why it would have anything to do with Peter.

I got font error when I wanted to palyed as Rome

I restarted a new game after that, so I am not sure whether the error is recorded in my logs

edit: I think I solved it after I redownloaded the game. Sorry for bother you

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    65.8 KB · Views: 93
Nope. The screenshot shows Isabella as the one without intro text, and Peter - who does have plenty of diplomacy text - does not have a unique interaction with Isabella. So I don't see why it would have anything to do with Peter.

Oh yeah :p

Regardless, I think I was missing the greetings text for Peter the last time I met him - I'll try and recreate it later.

I'll fix that problem. It was the mistake in the text of GameDefines.Diplomacy - there has to be TXT_KEY_LEADER_PETER, but not TXT_KEY_LEADER_PETER_I.

Top Bottom