JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Hi everyone! New here.

I have a problem with the Hammurabi, Justinian and Great Ming mods: when playing these civs with JFD's Cultural Diversity and Sukritact's E&D I get an "Unable to load Texture" error when advancing to a new age (CulDiv era screen error). Also I don't have unique decisions with these civs. Other civs work well.

I did clear my cache folder, but that didn't help.

Other mods I use: only Tomatekh's and JFD's civs.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you using JFDLC?
No, I'm not using JFDLC.

All of them? Seems odd. A specific era? Could be I missed something, for sure. Otherwise, could be CulDiv didn't download fully, so try re-downloading it.
Yesterday yes all of three. I first encountered this problem in my game with Hammurabi and i played till medieval - the error occured both times (advancing to classical and to medieval). Also no unique decisions for the civ. I also reinstalled my game yesterday and also all the mods, but problem still occurs. Today, oddly enough, I tried your Justinian older version (from the Google Drive) and it seems to work well - era screens seem to work and unique decisions are all also there.

Yesterday I also tested some of your other civs as well, they worked well, only with Innocent III I had the same unique decisions not appearing problem. Also downloaded the older version and it worked well. Strange.

Anyways thank u guys for replying! I hope there is a fix.

Hi!

I guess I got my game working properly by not using CulDiv mod (was I missing something? Did I need to have JFDLC to make CulDiv work properly?). Anyways now all three civs that I had a unique decision not appearing problem (Hammurabi, Ming, Justinian) work well now and no era screen errors.

Quick question - maybe somebody or JFD can answer me: Does JFD plans to update Khazar, Louis XIV or some of the early Egiptian leaders (Djoser, Akhenaten) also?

Thanks.
All the best.

Sorry if this question was already asked somewhere, but, is there any way to play this mod with Rise to Power on Multiplayer?

Thanks for the info, friend. Sounds a bit too complicated for my tastes, but oh well.

Hello, may I ask a quick question regarding "Great General" names?

Installed a few mod factions from Steam Workshop and basically for example, I loaded up a standard game which I played as Alfred of Wessex (JFD) When a general is spawned the name of the general was the enemy factions leader? Is this some sort of bug?

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

Hello, may I ask a quick question regarding "Great General" names?

Installed a few mod factions from Steam Workshop and basically for example, I loaded up a standard game which I played as Alfred of Wessex (JFD) When a general is spawned the name of the general was the enemy factions leader? Is this some sort of bug?

Some modded leaders already exist in the game as Great Generals. The Great Generals are usually changed but evidently not always. This has nothing to do with Jifford or Alfred, unless you're trying to say that one or a Jifford's leaders need to rename a GG in which case you need to specify which.

Hello and thankyou for the reply much appreciated.

Yes I believe there is a slight bug in the 'Alfred Of Wessex' Great General name, for example I loaded up a 2player game, me as Alfred Of Wessex and the Ai as China. Upon spawning a Great General the name was taken for the china general, whichever Ai faction you load it will take the name of the Ai enemy factions leader. Very strange indeed.

I've loaded up other JFD factions and upon spawning a general the unit has the correct name.

Hello and thankyou for the reply much appreciated.

Yes I believe there is a slight bug in the 'Alfred Of Wessex' Great General name, for example I loaded up a 2player game, me as Alfred Of Wessex and the Ai as China. Upon spawning a Great General the name was taken for the china general, whichever Ai faction you load it will take the name of the Ai enemy factions leader. Very strange indeed.

I've loaded up other JFD factions and upon spawning a general the unit has the correct name.

Great General names are completely random and non-specific to any civ. It's entirely possible for any civ to get Sun Tzu as a General, for example. If you're using LeeS' mod which changes this fact, then I'd pay attention to the fact that DJSH appears to be the only person who's supported it :p

Also ngl support is done strangely anyway so I dun rly blame anyone for not supporting...

Hello and thankyou for the detailed reply.

I honestly thought it was some sort of bug, thanks for the update, I understand now, still strange how Civ5 randomly allocates a leader name, not very realistic from the devs?
So reading Lee's General Name Mod I saw JFD mention that the mods would be compatible with this Name mod, so I guess the General Name mod would work with JFD factions am I correct here?

So i don't know whether someone posted this before but anyways, i'm having a problem where the main unique units for the Beothuk, the Tupi, the Taino and the Kalinago all just vanish or get replaced by their unique building (for the tupi it would be their unique improvement) i know that the progress_unit sql file in the core file of the progress in time file in the rise to power mod is causing this issue but i don't know how this is happening. So does anyone know how the progress_unit sql file is causing the issue?

(side note: i installed the rise to power mod via the JFDLC also i think the problem with the taino might be different to the others but i have no idea)

Do you mean the Huka Huka warrior for the Kalinago? If yes, I see it in my game. Do you have other mods that effect game play like Rise to Power. The unique ability is the one that is not compatible with RtP. You can still build without removing jungle, but it does not build something right when you click the option.

Huh well for me the problem is that the Huka Huka for the kalinago, the Deamon's head for the beothuk, the Uybabaete for the tupi and the Cacique for the taino all just dissapear/aren't a thing. They don't appear in the select screen, the civilopedia or in the tech tree and i do know that the progress_unit sql file is caussing this. Although to be fair i haven't yet started a game with the kalinago so i'll give that a go and see whether the Huka Huka do appear or whether they suffer from this issue as well.

Top Bottom