JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Theoretically; if you want to add v24 support then you just need to fill out v24's tables with the values used in the v25 support

2. PresidentWharton

PresidentWharton Chieftain

Thanks! Where might I find that?

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Great Qing actually has full support for YnAEMP v25 and v24. Aquitaine, on the other hand, is using a shortsighted and now outdated method exclusive to v25 - it'll need to be updated. If you're having trouble getting Great Qing to show, provide your log files because there might be a mod conflict preventing them from loading. See here for details on how to enable logging.

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Gah I'm a fool. Qing pulls directly from China's TSL, which is dependent on v25. That's something I'll have to account for. YnAEMP v25 and Civ V modding in general is in a bit of a suspended state for me right now so I wouldn't expect them officially anytime soon.

That said, since Great Qing uses Beijing's starting location, I've created the necessary edits for you. Just drop this file into My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Civilizations - Great Qing (Cixi) (v 4)\Core and overwrite.

And as for Aquitaine, do the same but with this file and into My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Civilizations - Aquitaine (Eleanor) (v 1)\Core. Aquitaine uses a method of mod support predating when I realised I should add back-support for v24 :p But this fixes that. Just dunno when I'd get to an official update.

SLGray likes this.
  5. SLGray

SLGray King

Thanks JFD for the quick fixes.

6. PresidentWharton

PresidentWharton Chieftain

Thank you so much JFD! This was my first time using CivFanatics and everyone was very helpful. I'll miss you while you take a break :)

7. Gay4Moleman

Gay4Moleman Chieftain

Dear JFD,

I faced with two bugs:

1) Using the latest fifth turks` mod, you have an additional social policy, when play the Ottomans. When I used the fourth turks` mod, didn`t face this problem.
    2) "Puppets connected via Internal Trade Route yield +4 Gold and an additional +5 Faith if following a different religion than your State Religion"
    Does it work? It doesn`t appear in trade route` screen. As I understood (eng is not my mother tongue), I need to send a caravan from capital to the puppet city, to get +4 Gold. And if the puppet has a different religion than majority of my cities/religion that I founded, I get +5 Faith, but I didn`t receive these bonuses.

Pls help

P.S. I play without Community Balance Patch, just use your ottomans/turks mod.

8. Chrisy15

These bonuses don't show on the trade route screen, but will instead be visible in the CityView through MCIS and through the TopPanel if you're using public JFDDLC.

As for the policy thing, while the Turks use a dummy policy the Ottomans rework doesn't. While it kinda looks like maybe there's a case where the Turks would get a free policy, since Jifford isn't doing the SetNumFreePolicies(0) bit, this a. is for the Turks rather than Ottomans, and shouldn't leak between the two or any other civ; and b. shouldn't be happening for you anyway if you're using the CP, unless G's decided to change the CP's Mod ID to mass detriment because Jiff's CP checking function looks fine.

[EDIT] Orite, you said you weren't using the CP. Well, that explains that bit then...

[EDIT2] Well, may as well post a sortafix anyway since it might maybe work
    Line 99:
    Code:
                        player:SetNumFreePolicies(1)
                        player:SetNumFreePolicies(0) -- Add this one
                        player:SetHasPolicy(policyID, true)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  9. Gay4Moleman

Gay4Moleman Chieftain

Well,
    I made a random map with two capitals (built granaries and workshops there), created two prophets. As the AI found a religion, I conquered his capital and found my religion. I launched the caravans from my capital to his one and vice versa. But my faith and gold output didn’t increase. Pls kindly check the screenshots below.
    I use only one mod for a clean check.
    Pls if you have time, help me.

Attached Files:

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The values are not added to the tooltips as this functionality is not in the vanilla game. They are added each turn directly to your Gold or Faith balance. If you're using JFDLC, they will show in the Top Panel tooltip, however.

11. Gay4Moleman

Gay4Moleman Chieftain

If I understood you right, 4 Gold and 5 Faith should be added to the ones, that I’ve already.
    Pls check the screenshots below.
    Bursa has a pantheon on pearls, that’s why it gets +2 faith per turn. But when I use the mod, I should accumulate on next turn 2 (I have) + 2 from pearls + 5 from mod’ ability = 9. But I got only 4.
    The same situation with gold.

Attached Files:

12. Nappa8000

Nappa8000 Chieftain

JFD i've been trying to contact you for a while now with no sucess, so idk ill use this place here (don't know if i can sry)

if you add me on steam which i've already sent you a request or answer me here i would be very happy :D

Heres the thing, i like very much all of your mods (ty btw) but there is one component in the Cities in Development mod which i particuraly like, the "crime" component

idk why but CiD always crash my game at turn 500 or so (in marathon which i like to play), let alone rise of power who crashes in turn 50

So i'd like to ask you please to isolate that component "crime" and release only that part of the mod standalone, either for you to do it or teach me how to do it, idk why the game crashes i dont care
    i like the mod but i really like the "crime" part of it

(i can pay you to do it if you really don't feel like doing it for free :p)
    (Thats in Civ 5 btw.)

Thanks =)

13. Chrisy15

Editing the UserSettings inside the mod's directory will allow you to disable each component until Crimes is the only one remaining. This should also disable whatever is causing your crashes, unless the cause happens to be Crimes for some reason.

Incidently, are you using Historical Religions when you're crashing with RTP?

Actually like if you're already isolating CID and RTP shouldn't you already know about the UserSettings? Unless you're referring to the two standalone mods, in which case I'd recommend looking into updating here.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

15. Nappa8000

Nappa8000 Chieftain

jfdfix01.png
    Thanks for the answer :D really aprecciate it,

I'l try do wht JFD said down here first, disabling loyalty and see if it works, if it doesn't i'll disable one by one until only crime is there xD

no i wasn't using historical religions, just the JFDDLC mods that make up rise to power

i was not isolating CID or RTP, i got standalone CiD from this link: "https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/91kb1b/where_did_jfd_cities_in_development_mod_go/" and RTP i was using the whole JFDDLC stuff, i had no idea about the UserSetting though, thanks for sharing btw =D, yeah that link you gave me was pretty much the place i downloaded RTP but it crashed idk why

Thanks again for the answer, really apreciate it ^^

Thanks for the answer man :D Love you mods, gonna try that, if doesn't work i'll do what Chrisy15 told me

btw i dont know how to use UserSetting very much, and just wanted to ask if the right place to modify stuff is here:

jfdfix01.png

i modified to "0" on the red spot, hope the right place is there, if not please tell me xD

thanks again guys :)

16. Chrisy15

You want to set the 1 corresponding to LOYALTY_CORE to 0. Setting that setting to 0 will probs cause an issue, since that setting's special and is expecting an integer between 1 and 3.

17. Nappa8000

Nappa8000 Chieftain

Thank you very much m8 :D

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

19. Nappa8000

Nappa8000 Chieftain

Just came by to say that JFD's suggestion of turning off loyalty component worked, thanks Chrisy15 =D and thank you JFD, :)

There are a few bugs in the mod like w the smugglers showing as saboteurs in the city and when they appeared there was a TXT bug, tryed to fix that, kinda worked-ish(not really though), but great mod anyways

Thanks again m8s :D

20. tmxk1993110

tmxk1993110 Chieftain

Hi, the culture threshold did not increase after a policy was enacted when I played as Central Africa. Do you know how to fix this?