JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

67 + 33 = 100
What reply are you looking for that you keep on coming back to this? I can read JFD's description of the civ, but when it says that a trait gives 100% and it effectively only gives 67% due to probably an overlooked standard negative promotion (so 100% MINUS 33%...) then the two are not in line...

Hello there, quick question because the overhauls: Are alle the mod-supports like Events & Decision than taken out of your Civilizations?
But thank you for still bringing so many new Civs!

What reply are you looking for that you keep on coming back to this? I can read JFD's description of the civ, but when it says that a trait gives 100% and it effectively only gives 67% due to probably an overlooked standard negative promotion (so 100% MINUS 33%...) then the two are not in line...

The bonus is 100%. The effective bonus is 67%. If the bonus were stated as 67%, that would then read as effectively 34%, and so forth. It's not overlooked.

Got a CTD during the AI's Kongo (Afonso I) turn; believe around turn 23... posting the logs here

Using CP v89, CD v17, EE v7, ML v155, HR v45 and your latest RtP mods

Attachments

• Kongo CTD.zip
    36 KB · Views: 294
I can't help with CTDs if you're using the CP, esp. since the latest version is getting quite a few reports with them - recommend reverting to v88 or disabling until its fixed. I might advise against CulDiv until its update though.

Last edited:
ofc, I haven't quite forgotten where it all began. Here is my 100th civ, after 7 years, Hawaii under Liliuokalani.

You are a legend of the game, as they say. Thank you for all your work.

Natan o: you return o: So the world truly is ending o:
for the record, I looked at the stuff I used to write over here, and it all looks so childish and silly. Now I get why not everybody liked me down here before. Its been like 3 years since I was last active here, and although this forum's pretty much dead for the most part, its so good to see that the big guns are still firing. I didn't play civ in, like, forever, so I'm kinda excited about using all those new mods lol
:)

I just tried this Turks civ. In game, are they called Turks or Ottomans? I noticed in the civ list for YaEMP v25 they are listed as the Ottomans. Because I did not see the Turks, I did not add them to my game.

P.S. Thanks for updating The Two Sicilies civ.

Last edited:
How do I edit the free units > number of settlers on your CIV mods? On the others I jus go into the XML file, scroll down to free units and change the number, but I can't find this on your mods.

Maybe I am wrong, but I believe what you are referring to will be related to mods that deal with buildings, wonders, policies, etc.

How do I edit the free units > number of settlers on your CIV mods? On the others I jus go into the XML file, scroll down to free units and change the number, but I can't find this on your mods.
(I'm using Brian Boru's Ireland as my example here; however, the structure of the relevant sections of code should be consistent across any SQL-based mod.)

In the CivName_GameDefines.sql file, you can scroll down to this section:
Code:
INSERT INTO Civilization_FreeUnits
(CivilizationType, UnitClassType, Count, UnitAIType)
SELECT    'CIVILIZATION_JFD_IRELAND', UnitClassType, Count, UnitAIType
FROM Civilization_FreeUnits WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND';
What this tells the game, essentially, is "give this civilization the same type and number of starting units that vanilla England has." If you want to change the number of settlers, though, you won't be able to SELECT from an existing civ. In that case, what you'd need to do is to delete the snippet that matches what I posted above, and in its place put something with this format:
Code:
INSERT INTO Civilization_FreeUnits
(CivilizationType, UnitClassType, Count, UnitAIType)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_IRELAND', 'UNITCLASS_SETTLER', 2, 'UNITAI_SETTLE');

(Edit: Another possibility is to replace "Count" with "Count+1" in the SELECT statement. This method is useful if you want to define the number of settlers relative to whatever the standard is, rather than selecting a flat value.)

Top Bottom