1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. SLGray

SLGray King

What exactly do you mean by free units? All civs start with one settler and one unit at the beginning of the game, If you are using the Cultural Diversity collection (Starting Bonuses), some of the bonuses is a free worker or settler after you create your first city.

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Arbiter of the Sword

Is the cultural diversity mod cultural music component still working? Don't know if this is the place to post this.

3. SLGray

SLGray King

There is exactly a topic just for Cultural Diversity. To get the most up to date information, you need to go to Discord. JFD has stopped working on JFDLC. He has released on Steam collections for Rise to Power and Cultural Diversity. There is no soundtrack for the CulDiv collection yet, but you can still use the old version.

4. KommissarLT

KommissarLT Chieftain

The Justinian mod doesn't work with v25 of YNAEMP in TSL configuration, can you fix this?

5. SLGray

SLGray King

You need to go to Discord. Most up to date information is there.

6. SLGray

SLGray King

Thanks for Paraguay and Holy Rome.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  7. SLGray

SLGray King

Thanks for the Cherokees.

8. Gandorhad

Gandorhad Chieftain

Hi JFD,
    Could I bother you to tell me the starting bias of Dusan's Serbia?
    And maybe possibly how would one change it to suit my needs better?
    Thanks

Edit: Im always spawning in jungles and/or around calendar based resources, not mining ones.
    And for some reason, my first neighbor is always suleiman...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  9. SLGray

SLGray King

Did you not noticed that Serbia is not up to date with the new collections: Rise to Power and Cultural Diversity? Also it is not up to date with the new YaEMP.

10. Gandorhad

Gandorhad Chieftain

oh sorry, I dont care about that. I only wonder why do I seem to have the starting bias of Brazil...
    I need my hills and forests with lush grasslands in the valleys beneath.
    Occasional copper or gold might be beneficial instead of ivory and citrus lol

11. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Iirc Jifford only bothers with start biases when they're pertinent to the design, so it's possible that you're being rolled by complete random.

If you wish you can investigate the code to see if there's a start bias, and change or define one yourself if so: I would imagine you would be interested in something such as

Code:
    INSERT INTO Civilization_StartRegionAvoid (CivilizationType, RegionType) VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_JFD_SERBIA', 'REGION_JUNGLE');

with whatever specifics. Note that only one start bias-associated table for a given Civ will be considered by the game, so reference to any other would have to be removed.

There is no way to influence what Resources you spawn by.

As Gray hints at, you may simply be interested in playing with TSL instead. Or perhaps turning down the map gen Humidity under Advanced Settings.

Gandorhad and SLGray like this.
  12. SLGray

SLGray King

Thanks for the new Netherlands under Wilhelmina.

13. Gandorhad

Gandorhad Chieftain

So, I can just instert my own line of code and be done with it?

Thats pretty cool, thanks.
    Could you tell me which exact file would need to contain said code, because I was searching them all and couldnt find anything mentioning starting bias...

14. Gandorhad

Gandorhad Chieftain

Here are all the files in the mod directory: c1.PNG
    This is Core: core.PNG
    This is Lua: lua.PNG
    And Utilities: Utilities.PNG

I havent snapped Art and Audio because I doubt what Im after is there xD

Attached Files:

15. Gandorhad

Gandorhad Chieftain

How is it that some civs have more than one bias, like Egypt's and Hunic avoid jungles AND forests?
    I have this copied from a modding guide I simply cant make work, nor understand:
    "<!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Each Civ can belong to only one of the four Start Bias categories, listed below. -->
    <!-- If a Civ has entries in any of the four following tables, any entries in later tables will be ignored. -->
    <!-- So... Coastal bias trumps River bias trumps Region Priority trumps Region Avoid. -->
    <!-- The best practice is to pick only one of the four types (or none), for each civilization. -->[/COLOR]
    <Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean></Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean>
    <Civilization_Start_Along_River></Civilization_Start_Along_River>
    <!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Both single and multiple entries for Region Priority (per Civ) are supported! -->
    <!-- If a Civ has one Priority, then on maps without a region of that type, fallback methods apply. -->
    <!-- The fallback methods will match the given civ with a region that has the most tiles of the priority -->
    <!-- terrain type. For instance, if Russia is set for Tundra priority but a map has no Tundra regions, they -->
    <!-- will look for a region that has some tundra. If a Civ is given multiple priorities, fallbacks are not -->
    <!-- used: the bias isn't applied when a map has none of those region types. -->

<Civilization_Start_Region_Priority></Civilization_Start_Region_Priority>
    <!-- NOTE TO MODDERS: Both single and multiple entries for Region Avoid (per Civ) are supported! -->
    <!-- Region Avoid only kicks in for Civs that do not have a Coast, River or Priority need. -->
    <!-- If a civ cannot avoid being placed in types it tries to avoid, the Avoid has to be ignored. -->

<Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid></Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid>
    <Civilization_Start_Place_First_Along_Ocean></Civilization_Start_Place_First_Along_Ocean>"

But it states that you can have multiple biases as far as I understand at least...

Edit: Ive found a modded civ, the buccaneers, that spawn near sugar.
    I now only need someone to show me which file to mod and with which lines of code to be able to make my custom start bias.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  16. SLGray

SLGray King

Thanks for Hanover.

17. SLGray

SLGray King

Thanks for Holy Rome under Francis II.

18. SLGray

SLGray King

The member meant tables, not certain biases.

19. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

The table inserts will be in the GameDefines file