JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll search for those that are ready (and I don't said some civilizations, like Celts and India because I remember that someone make splits of then...). I think in Greece because all games in which I played with it, the AI simply refuses to settle on the coast, and the Alexander's expansionism, with this, make me feel that I'm not playing against that Greece which was the cradle of philosophy and democracy... And the others was ideas that I had when I saw this thread. But, just out of curiosity, are you thinking about make a Charles de Gaulle's France?

@smart - it's Peter's Russia

What civ ya fighting?
Judging from the colors and the civ alpha symbol on Atil, it looks like Russia led by Peter.

EDIT: But soft! I hath been beninja'd by the Pangolin of T!

Cleo is not Egyptian, she played pharaoh like her Ptolemaic ancestors did for centuries. Custom Ptolemaic Egypt is also done, but if JFD 'd like to make Cleo version of Egypt everyone would be happy :).

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll search for those that are ready (and I don't said some civilizations, like Celts and India becouse I remember that someone make splits of then...). I think in Greece because all games in which I played with it, the AI simply refuses to settle on the coast, and the Alexander's expansionism, with this, make me feel that I'm not playing against that Greece which was the cradle of philosophy and democracy... And the others was ideas that I had when I saw this thread. But, just out of curiosity, are you thinking about make a Charles de Gaulle's France?

It's intended to compliment the WW2 collection, but may or may not happen.

Cleo is not Egyptian, she played pharaoh like her Ptolemaic ancestors did for centuries. Custom Ptolemaic Egypt is also done, but if JFD 'd like to make Cleo version of Egypt everyone would be happy :).

'Cept JFD, I expect ;)

Although her diplomacy would be very fun to write, and the art for the uniques would be already available, if she went without a UU: the Nilometer from the Wonders of the Ancient World DLC and the Obelisk UI. Depends if Janboruta would be interested in a map and/or leaderscene, or if I can manage to make a satisfactory icon myself, or if there are other takers for some art. At the very at least, I won't dismiss it outright as much as I had intended. More interesting civs to do first, at any rate.

Yellow + blue for colors? Maybe the symbol could be an Ankh, or if that's not Ptolemaic enough it could be more Hellenistic in style... Serapis, maybe?
EDIT: Ooh, now that's an idea for a UB: the Serapeum!

Would (with Historical Religions) the preferred religion be Psedjet or Hellenism?

EDIT: Would it be a good idea to have the civ icons/leaderheads for potential profile pictures?

Would (with Historical Religions) the preferred religion be Psedjet or Hellenism?
According to my good friend Wikipedia, the official religion of the Ptolemaic Kingdom was "the Cult of Serapis", which seems to be more Hellenic in characteristic.

I would find more interesting an Egyptian civilization with Muhammad Ali, based on Scramble for Africa scenario.

I'd probably have gone with Hatshepsut over Cleopatra...but then Hatshepsut is pretty nearby Ramesses anyway, so a later Egypt with more Hellenic contact and influences might fit.

But Tarcisio's already done Ptolemy Soter, and did a really nice job on it! At the very least the AI always uses them well, all of Tarcisio's civs tend to end up as AI superpowers despite their weird properties.

I knew that tarcisiocm had already made a Ptolemaic Kingdom, but I just found out that he used the Serapeum as a UB, which makes me half happy that someone used my idea (sort of, but not really at all in any conceivable fashion) and half sad that now we can't use it here without looking uncreative. :p

Top Bottom