1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. meowschwitz

meowschwitz Warlord

It works with the hannibal version for me. That is quite strange. Blackfoot enabled as well.

I'm using barathor's resource mod as well. I'll keep it as it is and just disable one carthage in really advanced setup if I'm using random leaders

Thanks for all of your help

2. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Odd. I'll recopy Dido's files from Hannibal into the revised pack then; hopefully that'll fix it.

4. Chrisbburn

Chrisbburn Chieftain

Just played a game and its got the new stalin in it but the bug still seems to be there where anything suffers attrition. Just saw barbs doing it in my territory and the netherlands. Cant check properly will update when I can.

Edit- Tried again this morning and it seems fine maybe just the barbs are suffering attrition. I went to war with Stalin and got the corrwct promotion if i was in his territory but not if I was in a non allied civs as I have suggested will keep check there is nothing in the lua that suggests something is amis.
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

5. ModMonger

ModMonger Chieftain

Could you make a YNAEMP patch for Davey_Henninger's Civilizations?

6. orikos

orikos Praetorian from Orikosia

So what will be your Egypt- Hellenistic or more ancient?

If you'll do Ancient Egypt and you don't want Ramses to be the leader I have some ideas:

1) Sensuret I- I don't know if he was a famous leader or not, but he's fitting the obelisks (wich I hope to be like moais so I'll have borders of obelisks like I had borders of moias :)). Why? Because he built the most ancient obelisk that exist today. He was the second pharaoh of the 12th dynasty and one of the most powerful leaders of this dynasty.

2) Khufu- Maybe one of the most famouse pharaohs. He built the great pyramid of Giza- one of the seven ancient wonders, the only wonder who survived and the tallest building for hundernds of years.

3) Khafre- Also a famous pharaoh, too. He built one of the pyramids of Giza and the sphinx near them.

7. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

Hi JFD,

Although I haven't tried them out, I really like the look of you alternate leader civs such as Hannibal, Lincoln, etc.

My question is this: If I add Hannibal to my game, is it possible to have Dido and Hannibal in the same game? My preference would be not to have this happen; I would rather have one or the other and not both. Same thing goes for America: If I add in Lincoln and Roosevelt, my preference would be only to have one of the 3 appear in my game, not 2 or even all 3 of them.

8. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

Yes, it is possible.

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Urgh. What an insufferable pain Stalin is becoming. I'll check and see if there's anything that might make barbarians exempt from the limitations.

Too much work, frankly; at least without the co-ordinates.

I, of course, know Khufu :) But I've not heard of the other two, so I'd be inclined to go with a more recognisable king.

Yes, it is possible to have both Dido and Hannibal, and Lincoln and Roosevelt and Washington, etc. But you can disable any of the vanilla counterparts such as Dido or Washington quite easily. I've left instructions for as much at the top of the second post on the first page, before the Alternate Leaders heading. But I'll reiterate here anyway:

Let me know if you have any trouble.

And of course, you might be to just limit the appearance to a game, not disable them outright. Unfortunately, not possible. Although you can always choose the other civs that will appear and preclude the leaders that you don't want.

10. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

Wait - is Putin the Eastern European civ that is like Venice? And is it like Venice in that it can annex city states? Probably by utilizing its Spetsnaz UUs?

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. orikos

orikos Praetorian from Orikosia

And what about the obelisks? Will they be like the moais (1 tile of moai- a round of moai and 2 tiles- connected route of moais) or will they look different?

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Hm. It seems that the Moai is hardcoded to Culture, so I'd need to replicate that with Lua. I haven't any active plans for Egypt anyway, so I'm not too concerned to consider how the Obelisk will work. I'll keep it in mind, however.

14. Smartguy725

Of your civs, which do you find yourself liking/playing the most?

Also, on Europe tsl maps, I noticed that Hungary spawns too far east from it's acual location.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

What do you mean playing? :lol: But of them all, I like Nicholas II the most, of course :)

Fairly certain that was fixed. Make sure you're using the latest version, but I'll double check.

EDIT: They're the same co-ordinates as Budapest in YnAEMP.

16. Smartguy725

Well, with you modding and the exams you said you have/had, it doesn't really sound like you have time for actually playing :lol:

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Smartguy725

Well, if it makes you happy, do it. :goodjob:

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. unfairlane

unfairlane Warlord

Great work, I`m looking forward to see the upgraded civs coming.

Too bad there haven`t been a moore realistic viking-civ out for a while. A true Viking-civ should include two kinds of viking warriors*, elite sword-warriors + axewarriors.
    Then their sea-faring longboat is a must and then the later ski-infantry, mybe in an early- & a later version so they don`t get outdated too soon?

Btw; what is a Norway-civ without the Longboat? The old Norwegians were the only civ that knew and dared to navigate (by watching the stars) out on the open oceans.

* the elite vikings were known foir their advanced swords, known as the ulfberht, unlike the moore Walt Disney-like axe-fighting berserker in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbLyVpWsVM