1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by JFD, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

2. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I can't remember, does Norway use the unique Norse embarked model, as Denmark does? If not, maybe it would be doable? Of course, only if it wouldn't be out of place for that civ, as it is led by a later Christian king; though they have the Knarr UU, which came much earlier historically, and the civ overall is definitely more, hmm, Norse than early modern Sweden.

3. unfairlane

unfairlane Warlord

Thanks for the link, will check it out!

Too bad your Norway-civ can`t be a bit closer. The Danes were never out on the open sea, they got to England only by following the coastline :groucho:

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Hm. That's true. Perhaps I'll refocus Norway a tad into an exploratory-viking civ, and Denmark can be an invasive-viking civ that picks on England. Longboat can go to Norway then.

I'm hesitant to make Haakon's focus more viking, but I guess it should be so. I'll see if I can incorporate the unique embarkation models.

5. Lord Xavius

Lord Xavius Mostly Lurking

I might be the only one, but I think an Egypt with Akhenaten as its leader has some interesting potential given his interesting policies. I find the man is rather fascinating.

(Also, thanks to TPang for that nice version of Rasputin.)

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Oh, Akhenaten. Yes, that would be very interesting.

What Rasputin? I'll have no Rasputin around here.

7. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Egyptian monotheism seems good do play. Something very interesting to happen in CIVV.

8. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

Sorry for sounding greedy, but will we be getting any mod serious updates/revisions/reuploads/new uploads this summer?

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I should expect so, but hopefully long before then ;) Summers a good half a year away.

Hopefully Norway and Switzerland will be updated next.

10. Smartguy725

Smartguy725 Give TSL Support

It isn't in the Northern Hemisphere ;)

11. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Oh really? :cool:

I think I can safely say that those are the two civs I have base materials for new leaderscreens prepared. But when I will use this material, that is an entirely another matter.

12. Corran42

Corran42 Chieftain

Halp me JFD, my game is break. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=274190123 It should maybe also be noted that the game crashed several moments later. Also the shophets seen here have the same general text bug. And seemed to be a Tuscan unit. And were EVERYWHERE. Halp. Also Hannibal wasn't even in this game.

13. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

Corran, did you have Hannibal mod enabled but not select him in the advanced setup screen? Random Civilizations picks, well, random civilizations. Just because you have a civilization mod enabled doesn't mean it's 100% going to be in the game.

14. Corran42

Corran42 Chieftain

Yeah I have Carthage enabled, it just wasn't in that particular game. I wasn't pointing that out cause I thought enabling the mod would guarantee his presence lol XD. I pointed out that he wasn't in the game because there was a lot of text related to Hannibal in the screenshot I posted (bugged text, I might add). Which, if he isn't even in that particular game, probably shouldn't be appearing. Not to mention Tuscany had probably literally over 9000 Shophets, which is Carthage's unique great general. While Tuscany isn't a JFD mod, I figured I'd post the screenshot here, since most of the funky stuff going on in the aforementioned screenshot was related to Carthage, rather than Tuscany (specifically the wall of text in the middle of the screen and the army of Shophets).

15. alter_echoe

alter_echoe Chieftain

@JFD

What's the proper way to have both Victoria and the revised Elizabeth (with the new UA) in the same game? I downloaded the individual versions of Victoria (wich isn't in a pack anyway) and revised Elizabeth and enabled them one after the other and then the other after the one, but in any case I get Victoria's name screwed up (TXT_KEY ahiufahifusfifif) and it only works if I disable revised Elizabeth. The same doesn't happen with Germany, wich follows the same logic, with Hitler changing a UU for Bismark and the revised Bismarck on top of it changing Germany's UA to Blood and Iron. Thx.

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Oh, that doesn't look good. I'll update Hannibal to remove the message about Hannibal at the Gates (don't know why it was TXT_KEY-ing though). But I'm more concerned as to how Tuscany had so many Shophets. I'll look into that. Thanks.

There was one text entry that was conflicting. Redownload the England revision and it should be fixed.

17. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Do tell me if it's an issue with how my code is written. Tuscany was my first time working with Lua and in retrospect it's not very well written (plus it's a mess, in terms of organisation); I'd welcome an opportunity to clean it up a bit.

18. ModMonger

ModMonger Chieftain

For me when I enable all of your mods, without any other mods but yours, the only ones that show are your individual new civilizations and alternate leaders France. No other alternate leaders work or revised civilizations.

19. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

JFD, did you withdraw FDRoosevelt from Steam ? I don't see it anywhere. I really wanted to give him a try. :cry:

I was having trouble getting that mod to download and unpack, so I thought I'd go the direct download route, but your link on the steam page only led to the steam store. double-:cry: Figured I'd check back in on the steam mod-page to see if you saw my note, and even though I'm still subscribed to the mod I so far haven't been able to find it anywhere. even-more-:cry:

Do you still have Roosevelt available somewhere ? *crossing fingers, toes, legs and arms for a favorable response*

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh