JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

You tell Firebug his mod's broken.

2. Deutsch

Deutsch Chieftain

3. Firebug

Firebug Not-so Great Engineer

But no seriously, how about next time you just report the issue to me? much easier for everyone.

SMcM likes this.
  4. Deutsch

Deutsch Chieftain

5. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

Here is Elizabeth's translation. I saw that Mali has been updated so I'm working on that now. Regarding Siam, I might add translations about Siam itself in "your" leader translation file, since I have no idea on how to create a proper translation file for Siam (and Sukritact's mod is required for "your" leader anyway).

Then I'll patiently wait for your next leaders. :)

Attached Files:

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

• Updated French translation and added German for Antoninus.
    • Antoninus now likes Civilizations that do not pose a military threat to Rome.

From hereon, Alternate Leaders are going to be packaged like this into single mods. Click the image for the link.

Guandao likes this.
  7. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Why Commodus and Nero? Might I ask?

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

ChimpanG wanted to make a gladiator-looking model, and I suggested Commodus could work. Nero, I am inclined to agree with current scholarship that his reputation has been unfairly demonized, so I wanted to highlight his important public and cultural works.

Guandao likes this.
  9. Guandao

At least Commodus doesn't look like Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator. :D

10. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

That's a bold move, and I like it! I'm still a bit flummoxed by some of the choices Firaxis made regarding leaders for Civ 6: Trajan when Augustus and Julius Caesar are more popular, ditching Mao Zedong for the second time in a row, and of course using Catherine de Medicis as a French leader (Henri IV or Francis I would have been a nice and original alternative). At least you're offering some great choices, and I thank you for that. :)

11. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Mao was never likely really- like Stalin, he is considered too controversial these days. And arguably Qin Shi Hunag is a similarly important a figure in Chinese history.

12. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

Mao and Stalin killed more than Hitler. Clearly, none of these men were great. Stalin's estimates come in at around 20 million, Mao's at 40 million. Qin was a known tyrant but I'd say he is a bit significate due to being the first Chinese Emperor. Of course, the Chinese Communist Party loves Mao and since China's such a big market we may see him again sadly.

13. Guandao

I think it is for the best. As someone of Chinese descent, I despise Mao Zedong with a passion. And there are so many emperors to choose from. Chinese history shouldn't be defined by the Communist Party.

retrocity5 likes this.
  14. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

Sorry if I made people angry. I meant that some leaders appear in most of Civilization games - Mao, Caesar, Alexander, Elizabeth, Gandhi (of course). These leaders are popular in the franchise. Once gain, my apologies for that.

More diversity among the leaders is more than welcome, and when I mentioned Mao, in fact I mostly miss Mao's theme more than the leader himself. I started playing with CivNet, and the Russian, Chinese and Roman themes are old-time favorites. Would have been great to hear them in various versions, a bit like what he had in Civ III.

(Not to mention Abe's theme in the first Civilization game. I would love to be able to play Lincoln again - and get minor key versions of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Oh, nostalgia...)

Anyway. Found a little bug! :)

Julian's religion is not coded correctly. It should be coded as RELIGION_R6_MITHRAISM instead of RELIGION_RELIGION_R6_MITHRAISM.

15. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Actually, China being such a big market is one of the main reasons we don't have Mao anymore. In Civ III and IV Mao was replaced by Taizong in the Chinese versions.

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

17. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

Interesting I wonder why he's present in all versions but China's. Sorry for getting this thread off topic JFD.

18. Nite

Nite Chieftain

hey JFD, i noticed in the wiki for Rule with Faith that there will be a new great person, the Great Theologian, will that be implemented in an update?

19. Amtoj

Amtoj Chieftain

Cool, more leaders and less mods. This is pretty convenient!

By the way, just a small graphical thing. Antoninus gets his icon from Janboruta's mod but the other three leaders use the vanilla design.

20. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

There's a Civ VI Mod Wiki already?