JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

hey JFD, i noticed in the wiki for Rule with Faith that there will be a new great person, the Great Theologian, will that be implemented in an update?

Yeap, in the next update. A use for Great Prophet Points once they are otherwise useless. I just need to find the time in-between my busy uni schedule atm, but certainly mid-next month (when my break begins) at the latest. I also have plans for a Great Philosopher and their connection to the re-introduction of Golden Ages, but this is further down the line when Firaxis adds support for custom font icons.

Cool, more leaders and less mods. This is pretty convenient!

By the way, just a small graphical thing. Antoninus gets his icon from Janboruta's mod but the other three leaders use the vanilla design.

Yeap, Jan will update BCI when he can. I'm a bit torn at the moment about whether to just go with his icons or vanilla, but in the interests of those that prefer vanilla, I've stuck with that. This means Jan needs to manually add support each time, which can take a bit of time. Though there are some exceptions like Isabella because the vanilla Bull icon is just so horrendous :p

Civ VI wiki is right here: https://civ6customization.gamepedia.com/Civilization_VI_Customization_Wiki. I mean to make some imperial announcements but time keeps slipping away lately :p

Yeap, in the next update. A use for Great Prophet Points once they are otherwise useless. I just need to find the time in-between my busy uni schedule atm, but certainly mid-next month (when my break begins) at the latest. I also have plans for a Great Philosopher and their connection to the re-introduction of Golden Ages, but this is further down the line when Firaxis adds support for custom font icons.

Julian update to incorporate stronk Great Philosophers coming soon to a modpack near you! :p

Imperial Announcement

It has been some time since an Imperial Announcement was given, but as the Emperor prepares to celebrate his 250th year on the throne, it seems only fair to make clear to his subjects the future of the Empire, in light of an extended silence and a seeming focus on the Sixth Age.

Civilization VI

Currently, the Empire is working on Civilization VI until the Emperor embarks on a break in mid-June. This is to update all current Alternate Leaders and Civilizations, as well as (as should be done today) to update Rule with Faith with the addition of Great Theologians. Included in this will be the release of a few new Alternate Leaders, chief among them Shomu of Japan, Olaf II of Norway, and Vladimir Putin of Russia. New Civs may include the Māori but this depends on the Empire’s allies and time between other things. In addition, there is likely to be changes with the next DLC, in the expectation that this will come with it a patch that will break everything.

After the Emperor’s return to Civ VI around August or late July, plans will hopefully be able to be put forward regarding Rule with Faith’s proposed Great Philosophers and Golden Age mechanic – but this entirely depends on Firaxis adding caching and custom font icon functionalities. There will of course be new Civs and Leaders at this point too.

Civilization V

Beginning about July, when I return from an Imperial Vacation and during which time the Imperial universities will be on mid-trimester break, the Emperor’s focus will return to Civ V and JFDLC (as it did my last uni break). This will be wrapping up the CiD+RtP merge with the inclusion of Crimes and Development. As this alone won’t take the month, the rest of July will be devoted to wrapping up Society Divided and Progress in Time (pending Jan). The Emperor will also endeavour to release Cixi and Lili during this month, so that there is justification for others to assist the Empire in its final three civs – bringing our total to 80 and ending with a special release on, ideally, the Empire’s anniversary in September.

Well, that’s the plan ahead at any rate :p

Awesome news! By then, I should be able to finish translations for the remaining leaders (almost done with Mali, I'll work on the new Roman leaders before spending time on Siam). A bit skeptical about Putin because I don't feel comfortable with playing with current leaders... though there's not much choice for a modern Russian leader (Lenin or Gorbachev could have been nice but the Soviet Union has its own civilization). The Māori will be a great way to add some cultural diversity into the game, and hopefully we'll be able to get more civilizations in the future. =)

As some may have noticed, I've made my mods on the steam workshop private. They're still available to anyone that is my friend on steam and if you want to have access you can just request that. They will remain private until at least I have converted the single leader downloads to packages, as I'm rather tired of the steam comments and want to go ahead with this changeover in peace.

I'll be sorting out a public Google Drive folder for all my direct download links instead of posting the links individually from hereon too.

Finally, I want to invite anyone that wants to follow development on my Civ VI mods to my channel on the Civ VI Helpline on Discord; this will be a permanent link accessible on the OP. If you take up the invite, please let me know so I can give you the Imperial Tourist role. I will use this role to alert everyone concerned to updates and important announcements, rather than relying on CFC or Steam. It is also used to bypass the standard restrictions on access to development channels in the case of mine. Link: https://discord.gg/rXz58SN

Mods components like RwF will still be linked individually.

Imperial Announcement

It has been some time since an Imperial Announcement was given, but as the Emperor prepares to celebrate his 250th year on the throne, it seems only fair to make clear to his subjects the future of the Empire, in light of an extended silence and a seeming focus on the Sixth Age.

Civilization VI

Currently, the Empire is working on Civilization VI until the Emperor embarks on a break in mid-June. This is to update all current Alternate Leaders and Civilizations, as well as (as should be done today) to update Rule with Faith with the addition of Great Theologians. Included in this will be the release of a few new Alternate Leaders, chief among them Shomu of Japan, Olaf II of Norway, and Vladimir Putin of Russia. New Civs may include the Māori but this depends on the Empire’s allies and time between other things. In addition, there is likely to be changes with the next DLC, in the expectation that this will come with it a patch that will break everything.

After the Emperor’s return to Civ VI around August or late July, plans will hopefully be able to be put forward regarding Rule with Faith’s proposed Great Philosophers and Golden Age mechanic – but this entirely depends on Firaxis adding caching and custom font icon functionalities. There will of course be new Civs and Leaders at this point too.

Civilization V

Beginning about July, when I return from an Imperial Vacation and during which time the Imperial universities will be on mid-trimester break, the Emperor’s focus will return to Civ V and JFDLC (as it did my last uni break). This will be wrapping up the CiD+RtP merge with the inclusion of Crimes and Development. As this alone won’t take the month, the rest of July will be devoted to wrapping up Society Divided and Progress in Time (pending Jan). The Emperor will also endeavour to release Cixi and Lili during this month, so that there is justification for others to assist the Empire in its final three civs – bringing our total to 80 and ending with a special release on, ideally, the Empire’s anniversary in September.

Well, that’s the plan ahead at any rate :p

Long may he reign! Looking forward to pretty much all of this :)

JFD.

I figured something like this ( you taking down your mods ) was going to happen, I had the Mali Civ mod that was causing saves and new games not to load and went to the Steam Workshop for support and saw the comments, completely ridiculous what I was reading that was directed toward you. I used to be an active member here on Civfanatics way back during CiV IV's heyday and followed Zap's Rise of Mankind but couldn't remember or reset my login so I created a new account to A) Assure you that your work is appreciated and B) Request if you could accept my friend request on Steam. I should be user jmbailey10 or Jesius_Caesar, can't remember my login at this moment. ( Notice a theme lol ). Anyway hope you keep up the great work and accept my request, me and my fiance have a great game going in Civ VI using some of your mods and our save file is broken because those mods are now absent as we are no longer subscribed to them.

Thanks a ton for your hard work and sorry if you got multiple friend requests from us, she really wants to continue our game lol.

Wow, I must have missed something over the long weekend (here in the US). I sent you a friend request on steam. I'll have to read everything and get all caught up when I get back to work tomorrow.

Can I ask what the posts were that ended up upsetting you, JFD?

I like the idea of them being packaged together but I did voice some concerns after the Rome package precisely because I was afraid you'd go in this direction. I'm sorry, but I do take issue with the slight removal of choice and option this creates for those of us who are fans. As awesome as most of the leaders / civs you guys create are, there are a few here and there that I feel are unbalanced or create un-fun conditions in-game (See Elisabeth's near absolute dominance of city-states). Although it isn't the biggest issue in the world, it does make me sad that I will be less able to avoid the few leaders that I take issue with in the future should I want to continue enjoying the rest of the wonderful mods you guys create.

Sorry if this was the kind of post you were trying to avoid. Wishing you all the best in the future and looking forward to what you create next!

Be that as it may, it's simply too much extra work to have them separate. I need to mod in a way that fits my schedule and my enjoyment of the process. Simply, it takes longer and is less enjoyable to do these leaders separately.

Understandable, JFD. I definitely would love to see more leaders / civs from you guys even if a few bother me.

What would really be perfect was if there was a mod allowed you to "ban" certain leaders from being picked for the random open computer spots.

Anyway, thanks for the reply! It's nice just knowing my mild frustration was heard.

If it's worth any consolation, I did note down the concerns about Elizabeth being overpowered, as something I attend to address. I don't always reply or attend to these things quickly, but I do get around to them.

Before I go on a break from Civ VI modding in mid-June, I intend to do a thorough round of updates. Whilst this will be packaging the leaders, I will probably take the opportunity to add user settings to allow switching on and off each leader, ala my other mods where user settings is a heavy feature. This is not going to be useful to a lot of steam-exclusive users as they tend not to read the description, but I think for someone such as yourself - who has been civil, polite, and took the effort to come here to post - I hope it will be a suitable compromise. At any rate, I plan to make all these mods public once the conversion to packages is over.

An on/off switch for each leader sounds like an excellent compromise, JFD! More than I would have expected even! Any of my concerns about them being packaged together go out the window with an addition like that.

I appreciate you taking down some of the community's concerns as well. It's very understandable that you have a life outside of modding, so it's no big deal if it takes awhile to get around to certain adjustments.

Most of all though, thank you for providing so much information! I'm a lot happier with this direction for your modding now that I've had an opportunity to discuss things with you. I want to also apologize that the general community isn't always as kind to modders as it should be. I really think a lot of us just aren't good communicators. We're passionate about the content that you produce but many don't always know how to convey that passion in productive, uplifting ways. Regardless of anything that's happened recently, please just know that you and all of the other content producers out there are very, very appreciated. For someone like me who loves expanding his experience with mods, your work is literally game-defining.

So yeah, thanks again! Excited to see what comes next!

I honestly think it is a great move to bundle them all together in one package.
I remember horror moments from Civ5 trying to get the game to load all 50-80 civs i had downloaded, froze on the awful ingame mod browser for 30min before it finished loading.
At which point half of them restarted to download a second time just because, civ5's mod manager was pure trash.
If we had a single package with all civs in, would have eased a lot of problems.
So, good idea for the future :)
I gotta ask though, will you guys develop the civs with native support for RED modpack? As it is quite popular, it would be nice.

I honestly think it is a great move to bundle them all together in one package.
I remember horror moments from Civ5 trying to get the game to load all 50-80 civs i had downloaded, froze on the awful ingame mod browser for 30min before it finished loading.
At which point half of them restarted to download a second time just because, civ5's mod manager was pure trash.
If we had a single package with all civs in, would have eased a lot of problems.
So, good idea for the future :)
I gotta ask though, will you guys develop the civs with native support for RED modpack? As it is quite popular, it would be nice.
It became such a nightmare for me I just began downloading from Civ Fanatics and Steam Workshop Downloader.

Top Bottom