1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. bladex

bladex Emperor

is it possible to replace default nubia with the slimmer chick because if i use these i have 2 nubias in the game now.

2. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

In vanilla you've got the risk of getting two Greeces in the same game. There's no reason for Nubia to be handled any differently. You can ofc make this change yourself:
    Code:
    -- At end of Nubia pack:
    -- Names of stuff are rough because I'm saying all this from memory
    -- In file which contains only some entries into Players and PlayerObjects:
    DELETE FROM Players WHERE LeaderType = 'LEADER_AMATORIE';

-- At bottom of file called GameDefines or similar:
    DELETE FROM Leaders WHERE LeaderType = 'LEADER_AMATORIE';

And be prepared for this to break any other mod that adds Nubian leaders (not that there are any other mods but w/e)

3. Alexej

Alexej Prince

With every civilization I do play there is Temple of Hadrian building availabe for production : spain and sumeria too. It is unclickable though it seems only shown there

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  4. Chrisy15

Are you using the Production Queue mod by any chance?

5. Alexej

Alexej Prince

CQUI community edition. Thats the cause of this cosmetic bug?

6. Chrisy15

There have been various UI mods that affect the ProductionPanel that are known to not work properly with LUBs. Try disabling the ProductionPanel files and try again.

7. cometheart

cometheart Chieftain

How to edit the starting position of your new civ on TSL YnAmd map?

Thanks!

8. Luart

Luart Chieftain

Miss you and your Mods - JFD :p

9. Chrisy15

There will be an SQL file in the relevant mod which has the co-ordinates. Change the co-ordinates.

Patience...

10. skodkim

skodkim Deity

The Brussels city state changes name to Donetsk when using the Belgium Civ, but in my games the city banner still states Brussels (while it is called Donetsk in other screens)..Dont know if its because I'm using CQUI (community edition).

I think you need to change the two tags LOC_CITY_NAME_BRUSSELS and LOC_CITY_NAME_BRUSSELS_1

\Skodkim

11. EldrinFal

EldrinFal King

I'm getting a similar result with the Nubia leader pack as well as a Civ mod from another author. I would be interested in knowing what fixes this so I can apply that to these mods on my end. Thanks!

12. Chrisy15

It's the absence of Rule With Faith support; iirc Jifford mentioned that he'd forgotten to do it for Nubia once, and it's possible that mods from other authors won't know about RwF support full stop. Instructions on how to implement support can be found in the new MSF.

13. EldrinFal

EldrinFal King

Thank you for the reply! Has the Nubia leader pack not been updated with this then? Or is it just the Steam version that isn't updated?

14. Chrisy15

Idk if the manual version's been updated, but the Steam version definitely hasn't; thankfully you should be able to add the support yourself easily enough using the MSF.

15. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Warlord

16. Patine

Patine Deity

I have to admit, as a Canadian, that, while a skilled politician (in the pure sense), a master of political timing and Machiavelian intrigue, William Lyon Mackenzie King, other than Canada's part in WW2 and keeping unity between the different parts of the country, made no great improvements to the country itself, ended up being conveniently in place to return to power 1935 after the one Minsitry of R.B. Bennett, who was the one who actually signed the Statute of Westminster and the Great Depression (which Bennett, who had defeated King in 1930 due to King's inability to deal with it lost in 1935 on a perceived inability to follow through) largely resolved itself (in Canada, at least) from elements not part of either Bennett or King's policies directly, for the most part, not to mention King had the charisma of a toad and talked in a bland, droning voice (his loss in 1930 is also tied into that election being the first Canadian Federal election that made use of radio). King's "greatness" as a Canadian Prime Minister is much more largely hype than is given credit for, as far as I'm concerned. Louis St. Laurent, John Diefenbaker, Lester B. Pearson, or Pierre-Elliott Trudeau, or even old ones like John A. MacDonald or Wilfred Laurier are probably all better choices in my opinion, being from Canada.

17. Chrisy15

Spoiler :

Well maybe someone will have to make one of those guys as an Alt leader...

18. Werdbooty

Werdbooty Chieftain

Can't get the alternate Indian leader pack to work. I can enable it in my list of mods, and I see Ajatasattu in the Civilopedia, but he doesn't show up as a selectable civ when I start a game. Haven't seen him in-game either as a randomly selected civ. Any ideas? I've all your other civs working fine, India is the only one I'm having issues with.

19. EldrinFal

EldrinFal King

So other than modifying that file and putting it with the other files, do I have to go through the mod's xmls/sqls and change the civ name with the JFD_DESCRIPTION addendum? The MSF is great to have, but I'm not experienced enough to know all the steps without guidance.

20. Chrisy15

You don't need to import the MSF; most of the mod support's been implemented. You just need to add in the JFD_DESCRIPTION text into Nubia's text file for each leader.