1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

Alright, thanks for the info.

Also, I just found it on the map. It's kinda funny to see the asset "broken" like this - stretched out as a 2D object in the middle of the map xD

2. tomugos

tomugos Chieftain

Hi JFD, I've a problem, in World Builder I'm not able to add your civilizations in my scenario. I've selected them in "select mods" menu of world builder, but then I can't add them in the scenario

3. morlund69

morlund69 Chieftain

Cool, thanks JFD. I'm glad to have an answer at the very least. I'll just be patient and play without the Rome pack for now, until my itch to play as an alternate Rome outweighs my caring for da graphics.

Un-related, the game I'm currently in has Norway led by Sigurd, and most (but not all) of his diplo screens have his dialogue in French for some reason (I play in English). I'm wondering if this is some design choice based on Norwegian history I don't about or if something done got borked somewhere. It doesn't really matter to me because I know enough French to get the gist of what he's saying, but I figured I'd mention it.

4. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Limmu

Nope, that's gonna be a bug :p

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

Ooh, Wales. I must admit, that is not a civ I was expecting to see, but I shan't complain because I love filling out the British Isles map with British Isles civs. Let's see....I think short of the pre-unification tribes like the Cornish, etc, there's now a civ for each part of the isles now.

Anyway, onto thoughts on the civ itself:
    I like its focus, getting slots in walls is rather funny to picture in my head, and once again we have a civ that will forever avoid the 2-of-the-same-district bug by having its unique district be standalone - a move I absolutely love seeing, which I notice is getting more common in mod civs now.

EDIT 11/12/17:
    I think their unique unit might be bugged. It's a fun ability, but I couldn't help but notice after I'd built up a pretty large army of them, by 1610, they (and all ranged units in my empire) start having insane ranges - 11. This is hilarious, but I suspect not intended. Even by civ standards it stretches the imagination that longbowmen and bombards can strike a target from 3 cities away, over mountains, forests, and hills.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    679x likes this.
  7. 679x

679x Chieftain

Yup, there's definitely a bug with ranged units where they get extra range when playing as Wales, even non-unique ones like simple archers. My archers randomly get extra range, like 5 range which is funny like Chirthorpe said but probably not intended!

Other than that the civ has been fun so far, except I haven't gotten far enough in the game to try their unique district -- does the district require population to build? And does it contribute to the district limit?

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

9. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

That's odd, when I try building the Caer it IS bound by the population limit, which forced me to plan around it. If it's not meant to be bound to the population , then that's bugged, too.

10. toxshiroe

toxshiroe Chieftain

Hi JFD, currently the leader Churchill is broken with navel wonders for me. I cannot build any navel wonders even though the Royal Navy Dock (replaced the harbor) is built. An example is the Great Lighthouse. The wonder is lit up showing it can be built, but when clicked nothing happens. I also have another mod called CQUI that allows production queue. When I put that wonder in the queue under the 1st item, it is placed in the queue. However when it reaches the top of the queue, it auto stops the wonder like it was never initiated to be built.
    Is anyone else having this bug or is it me?

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. Josh White

Josh White Chieftain

I also have an issue with England, I cannot build the lighthouse once the district is constructed. I have disabled Canada, because I was told that was causing it, but it still happens.

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

14. Josh White

Josh White Chieftain

Do I need to disable all civs with harbors? Or do I need to uninstall unsubscribe?

15. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Limmu

Is there another England in the game? Might that cause it too?

16. Josh White

Josh White Chieftain

Aren't there 2 England Civs in the pack, would they conflict with each other?

17. yschwartz11111

yschwartz11111 Chieftain

Where is the Maori I can't find them on steam

18. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

If you click on JFD's steam link in the first post, it takes you to all of his works - the Maori are there on that page, to the left on the middle row.

19. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Limmu

They were made Friends-Only for a while. They are now Public again.

20. yschwartz11111

yschwartz11111 Chieftain

thank you