1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. alexanderyou

alexanderyou Chieftain

With Olaf II of Norway, he will give me a warning/compliment on occasion either in french or just completely blank. This is the only leader who does this, and I use the current version (on steam) of all your leader mods. (I'm not 100% certain it doesn't also happen with Sigurd, but I know it's only norway who does it)

2. Myene

Myene Chieftain

So...all your mods suddenly crash to start menu. Even when they are the only ones enabled. What's up?

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. Myene

Myene Chieftain

Ahhhhh! Missed that. Pre EXP one I guess. TY for a reply.

I've been going through them one-by-one, so far it's Papel States and France that are crashing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Daveyleo10

Daveyleo10 Chieftain

Love your work. Is it down to us to update the Civs for Rise and Fall? Trying to get Churchill to work but I'm learning as I go!

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

8. Daveyleo10

Daveyleo10 Chieftain

From what I've learnt if you use Australia as an example and look at their config file they've added lines for the expansion support.

It's as simple as putting those lines in as far as I can tell but I've had no luck with your files.

As an example you have the updated DLC Civ code:

<GameInfo>
    <!-- Base Game -->
    <Players>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA" LeaderType="LEADER_JOHN_CURTIN" ...
    <!-- Expansion 1 Support -->
    <Row Domain="Players:Expansion1_Players" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA" LeaderType="LEADER_JOHN_CURTIN" ...
    </Players>
    <PlayerItems>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA" LeaderType="LEADER_JOHN_CURTIN" ...
    <!-- Expansion 1 Support -->
    <Row Domain="Players:Expansion1_Players" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA" LeaderType="LEADER_JOHN_CURTIN" ...
    </PlayerItems>
    </GameInfo>

Obviously you'd have to switch out Australia for the Civ you want but I'm not experienced enough to make it work. The way you have written your config looks different in style so I'm struggling to adapt.

Just want Churchill back :'(

9. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Limmu

We know about the Config issue, but now we're working on sorting out issues regarding load order and usersettings. Once we're confident that we have worked out all the issues that mods currently are facing, then we can update without the risk of short changing people.

Tl;dr patience.

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

For anyone still out of the loop, I have deleted - not just hidden - several of my mods from Steam. I am ensuring that they get redistributed to new homes under other authors, but in the meantime, the direct downloads are all still available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2KfUlRX1owlS0NVRTFodElnOW8?usp=sharing.

Simply, I do not have the energy, inclination, or time to maintain as many civs/leaders that I have created. I bit off a bit more than I could chew rly :p

As for Rise and Fall updates of the remaining civs, they will take a lot longer than other authors since I have other things that I need to update/add for them, and also have to divide my time with Civ V, RwF, and soon tm Uni. I am an aged modjesty now and move much more slowly than I once did :p So please have patience.

12. Daveyleo10

Daveyleo10 Chieftain

Not a problem, your mods make a big difference to the game but if you rushed them they wouldn't be as good a quality as before R&F.

It's not worth losing your sanity over. Carry on with real life stuff and hopefully in the near future we will hear from you again!

Thanks again :)

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

14. Myene

Myene Chieftain

Please let us know who gets the adopted files :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  15. RFormica

RFormica Grand Oligarch of the Hills

Ok, this is a little complicated.
    Juliana gets Wilhelmina's base model, but not her leader trait. Technically, she is a name change and trait change of Wilhelmina, so she inherits the base Wilhelmina.
    The new Wilhelmia is added as a new leader with the UA and (possibly) the agenda of the base changed. Basically, she only inherits the name and trait name of the base.

16. Amtoj

Amtoj Chieftain

With some of the mods being taken over by other modders, are they still going to be included in your Steam collection?

17. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Chieftain

I love your MOD's - please come with an Austrian Empire Civ as well... :)

18. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom Chieftain

Papal states never worked for me ever. always crashed me to the main screen. Have all DLC etc. Are there known conflicts with it?

19. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Limmu

If you report bugs with details and logs then they can be resolved; certainly in this case your database and modding logs will probably explain your issue, and would've when you first encountered the issue also...

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  20. johncade

johncade Chieftain

I need JFD's Hitler leading Germany and directing my Tiger Tanks from Moar units :)

MisterBoomBoom likes this.