1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. KAL_MAD

KAL_MAD Chieftain

Attached Files:

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

3. Geoffrey Reading

Geoffrey Reading Chieftain

JFD,

I love your work! Seriously great stuff! Playing as Iceland now :)

Would love to see Henry V of England when you're looking for inspiration as to who to look at next.... the English Longbow was so iconic as medieval weapon, the French weren't able to reclaim lands until they adopted gunpowder!! What are your thoughts?

4. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Hi JFD

These mods are amazing. Are you able to talk through at all how you do the animations? They are just awesome!

5. ReflexArc

ReflexArc Chieftain

Hi JFD,

I've really enjoyed playing your custom civs, amazing work.

I am no longer able to load the game save I was playing yesterday and the Italy pack seems to be the issue (and the only mod updated since yesterday.) The mod's name is red on the load game screen. I don't know if the issue is this simple, but I noticed that the mod is named "JFD's Civ Pack: Italy" in the load game screen but just "JDF's Italy" in the additional content screen. If there's a way I can test renaming the mod, I'd be happy to do so.

I did upgrade to R+F yesterday, but this game save was started on R+F and there haven't been any other change to my mod list or anything.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Issue solved by manually installing from the R+F folder on Drive and disabling the Steam workshop version.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. poundjd

poundjd Warlord Supporter

@JFD, and others above, some people are just too lazy to engage their minds at times:
    Spoiler Recent reply I sent, they don't even think! :

Code:
    @howling_murdock:  It is not JFD! it is steam 's fault!  Steam does not let you use ANY mod in an on-going game which is not the most recent version of that MOD!!! They should pay attention to the "Affects Saved Games" checkbox in the mods and wait for the current game to end!! or better yet, make the game state a part of the Save file!!!

7. Fyx

Fyx Chieftain

Hello !
    This message because I'm having a problem with one of your mod: "JFD's Antoninus of Rome". When this mod is listed in my "Additional Content" as enabled, my game gives me an "Error 3045188730".
    I have some of your other mods, such as "JFD's Elisabeth of Russia" and "JFD's Louis XIV of France" enabled, and they cause no such problems, so maybe you can help ?

Following the model given in the first post:
    1. The version found in : Google Drive → Alternate Leaders → Rise and Fall.
    2. Enabled mods → « AI+ », « CIVITAS Berbers », « CIVITAS Taino », « Detailed Worlds 1.43 », « Gedemo Yanomami », « JFD's France : Louis XIV », « JFD's Rome : Antonius Puis », « JFD's Russia : Elisabeth », « Loyal Capitals », « Prurient and Frigid Agendas », « Restore Flirtatious and Curmudgeon », « Tomatekh's Historical Religions », « Yet (not) Another Maps Pack », « Zebenji's Additional Religions ».
    3. Database and Lua logs below.

I add that I did use the file located in the Google Drive concerning the load order just in case, but the problem persists. Any help ?
    Thanks a lot !

Attached Files:

8. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

The only identifiable culprit from these logs is Antoninus, who seemingly is being broken by the lack of the UserSettings table being created; I don't know why this would happen, but it seems to be a recurring theme throughout Config too. Beyond that, there are other errors which will be causing the Start Game error but these cannot be tracked to a culprit file without your Modding log.

9. Fyx

Fyx Chieftain

I'm posting the Modding log alongside the Database and Lua ones then. Thanks for answering so quickly and trying to help.

Attached Files:

10. Chrisy15

Antoninus is definitely a culprit, but JFD has now updated him to resolve the issue.

Another issue is to do with something to the tune of ZRK Religions; it's inserting a Gameplay file into the Text database, thus causing missing table errors.

The final issue is to do with a unique constraint fail caused by a file called PalaceChanges.xml, although I can't discern what mod this file's from; I'll go out on a whim and guess it's something that changes the palace tho :p

11. Fyx

Fyx Chieftain

Thank you for the help !
    I downloaded the new version of Antoninus in the Google Drive and my game actually started. I've played for 1-2 hours so far and everything's going great.
    I'm not sure what the other two issues you've mentionned do or how to correct them honestly, so I'll just have to see for now.
    Thanks again for taking some of your time and helping with this !

12. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

Gameplay file into the Text database? Which one? I'm confused. Everything looked fine on Modbuddy on my part.. :/

Speaking of bugs. It might have been mentioned before, but it seems like Italy breaks the Culture district graphics for all civilizations. Theatre never shows up when built and roads seem different, like they're not built either... plus the Duomo is displayed for every cultural districts even if there's no Italy Civilization into the game. Already had that issue before R&F, though I wasn't sure which mod was causing that. :(

April 15 Edit: Actually the issue doesn't come from Italy (my bad) but from Rome's Nero. The theatrum makes every amphitheatre vanish from the map. Maybe you already know that, but still, just wanted to let you know.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  13. luigilime

luigilime Prince

hello, love all these civilizations, they are made soo well! i would make just one little adjustment: i don't believe the savoy emblem is the most fittin symbol for italy as a Whole, because since the symbol changes colors, only if it was red and White then it would be actually from savoy. i would put a more generic symbol like a towered crown, that reminds the communal age of italy, other options i don't have in mind at the moment, it would be awesome if you could do just this little adjustment.

14. AlCalado

AlCalado Chieftain

First of all, congrats for the great mods. So, ive been using your mods with YnAEM, and works great so far. But then i tried Putin, and somehow i aways starts somewere in Africa, instead of, well, Russia. Is there any reason for that? Putin is also compatible with YnAEM? Thanks

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

16. KAL_MAD

KAL_MAD Chieftain

Hey JFD,

I still can't play Denmark. I downloaded the fix, I manually downloaded the mod, but still the game crashes to desktop. This only happens with Denmark, all your other mods that I played (5 mods) work fine

17. AlCalado

AlCalado Chieftain

Well, vanilla Russia does starts in the right place. All others civs (included mods) as well. Just Putin have this problem. Thanks for your support anyway

18. Chrisy15

Might it be to do with Putin starting in Moscow rather than Petersburg?

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. AlCalado

AlCalado Chieftain

So...there is anything i can do about it?