JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. SebrastianB

SebrastianB Chieftain

I run into an issue with every custom leader I try to start a game with. The loading screen shows as usual, but after that I start without units and without any territory revealed and the game auto-cycles through turn. Is there an easy fix or do you need additional data (eg. files)? And if so please add where I can find these files.

2. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

So much great work going on here! The artwork is all awesome and the leaders all look really fun to play. I look forward to a very wonder-based game with Louis XIV.

3. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Louis' ability (envoys and culture from wonders in the capital) + France's base ability of faster and more tourism-generating mid-game wonders is really a killer. Had lots of fun playig as Louis already. :)

4. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

Hello JFD!

I've translated your other civilizations to german language too.
    Well... I thought so. :crazyeye:
    But now I see, you've just added two new ones today, great. :)

I've uploaded the translations with this post.

Two notes:
    In the DeGaulle file the LOC_ABILITY_JFD_FREE_FRANCE_GENERAL_POINTS_DESCRIPTION tag has the prophet point icon instead of the general point icon in its text.

In the Hitler file I translated Panzer to Panzerkampfwagen because in the german version of the game Firaxis uses Panzer as translation for its Tank.
    Just in case you wonder.

And now its time for me to help Frederick to rule the world.
    Thank you for that one.

Attached Files:

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Vognir

Vognir Chieftain

Can we get a proper Denmark Civ just bring back bluetooth, Raider(swordsmen replacement), Longboats, and Rune stones.

Civ Trait could be Viking Raid, For every City Razed a small amount of culture is granted.
    Leader Trait could be Shield wall, Raider Units gain extra defense when next to each other

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  7. Vognir

Vognir Chieftain

Hell just remake your, Norway, Normandy, Anglo Saxon mods from civ 5

8. NN23

NN23 Warlord

Question about Frederick. Does Junker Academies suppose to apply to conquered cities with encampments? I recently played a game where i conquered two Scythian cities that already had encampments with 1-or-2 buildings and i didn't see the science and gold bonus from the encampment. Is this how it is supposed to work?

9. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

I think that's a general problem in the game. I use Magil's Wondrous Wonders mod and the bonus yields some wonders provide to district buildings aren't applied to conquered cities either. I don't know how vanilla bonus yields for buildings behave in this regard.

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

11. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Prince

ChimpanG - new Janboruta? :thumbsup:

12. Rockhammer

Rockhammer Chieftain

Wow, so many great new Leaders to try out... way to go JFD. Looking forward to try them all out. And great art as always Janboruta!

Are you planning on adding entirely new Civs as well or is that not planned until we have the last DLC/Addon?

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

ChimpanG so far is the artist behind Ajatasattu and Jimmu. ChimpanG has taken a position on the imperial council to assist the Emperor in administrating the more eastern dominions. Jan will continue to help administer the European territories in the heartland :p >tfw become Constantine

I have two full civs nearing release: Papal States and Mali, but the Papal States is waiting on some consultation on how to do the model for the Swiss Guard UU.

ChimpanG likes this.
  14. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Hi @JFD. Great work on the many new leaders! There seems to be an error in RussiaNicholasII_GameText.xml:

Currently:
    <!--Rationale-->
    <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_DENOUNCE_REASON_FROM_AI_LEADER_ANY_REASON_AGENDA_JFD_PASSION_BEARER_MODIFIER_LAGS_FAITH' Language="en_US">
    <Text>(You have low Faith.)</Text>
    </Row>

It should be:
    <!--Rationale-->
    <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_DENOUNCE_REASON_FROM_AI_LEADER_ANY_REASON_AGENDA_JFD_PASSION_BEARER_MODIFIER_LAGS_FAITH" Language="en_US">
    <Text>(You have low Faith.)</Text>
    </Row>

I'm happy to help out with the Swiss Guard if needs be. @janboruta said Tercio pikeman with a morion helmet, with orange and purple sleeves?

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Thanks, will fix.

Yeah, @Deliverator, that'd be great. The Swiss Guard only really needs mutli-coloured sleeves to feel it's distinctive self. I have gotten the hang of piecing units together, but unfortunately, I couldn't figure how to hook up the Conquistador's body (the one with the multi-coloured sleeves) with the Pikeman's weapon properly (they continued to carry the Pikes as if they were Guns). Any help would move the Papal States right along.

16. ChewiLover53

ChewiLover53 Chieftain

Hey guys, great work! Especially to Janboruta with its superb artwork!
    If I could give any suggestions about a future leader I would choose Mexico´s Porfirio Díaz, one of the most badass presidents of Mexican history...
    I could help with some info and data about him ;)
    Hope to see you around guys! :D

17. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

Someone is currently making him for Civ V. No doubt a port would be easy to make once that is done.

ChewiLover53 likes this.
  18. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Prince

JFD, can you add russian translation files? :) (other file)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Will do, thanks Brackenspore.
    EDIT: Otru, I don't think my PC supports cyrillic, it just comes up in jumbles :p

Sorry Chewilad, I haven't much interest in Presidents :p

ChewiLover53 likes this.
  20. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Prince

Louis 14 translation

Attached Files: